Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

advice, am i just being silly? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not unacceptable at all! Unless you've been through it like I have you have absolutely no idea what it does to someone physically and mentally. If I could have had it any other way I would have kept my baby in a heartbeat but I couldn't under my circumstances. So you have no right to talk about if it's acceptable or not until you yourself have had to make that choice.
    You don't have to have undergone something yourself to understand and analyse it. By your logic, a judge and jury could not sentence anyone and deem their action unacceptable because they have not been in the suspect's position. That's a complete logical fallacy and makes no sense at all.

But anyway, I'm not saying you are a bad person; you made an easily forgivable mistake and I empathise. I have made some grave mistakes in my life but I still understand that they were unacceptable and that it was wrong - I don't try and make excuses. It is very much unacceptable to have unprotected sex and subsequently have an abortion in the 21st century. You know yourself it's unacceptable. That doesn't mean it defines you or makes you immoral - mistakes happen, move on, I'm sure you've learnt a lot from that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

Having read the post I know exactly where you are coming from. I had sex with my ex-bf with a condom, that burst so i took the emergency pill and that didn't work. It was unfortunate timing when I got pregnant and I was scared I won't lie. I told my mum and she was so supportive. She is the most incredible woman in the world and I owe all my sanity to her. If you do decide on abortion (which is what I did) it will be an extremely difficult time. You will need people around you to look after you and just be there for you as it's an incredibly emotional time. I won't lie - it is painful to have done - but it doesn't last long.

For me this was about a year ago. I am an emotional person anyway and found it difficult to deal with which is why I have counselling. It's nothing to be ashamed of and it really works. No-one will understand what you're going through unless they have personally been through it themselves.

I'm sure you're not pregnant judging by the time span between your periods, but if you are, there are options and only you can decide what's best for you. Just make sure it's what you want I wish I could have kept my baby but under the circumstances it wouldn't have been wise and it's something I always think about. Just make sure you do it for you.
    I dont think I could ever bring myself to have an abortion, I'm not saying it's wrong at all. I know under some circumstances its the best option, but I just know I couldnt do it, I'm going to get a pregnancy test sometime in the next two weeks and try and go see my GP to talk about things. I admire your stregnth

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.