Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is wrong with you?!?! Why are you trying to justify cheating on someone you made a vow to?!?

Dear Lord I hope you never marry and put some poor woman through that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JokerGirl)
    But if he loved his wife, he wouldn't cheat. Loads of people can offer something that your partner can't (money, sex, etc) but you're with them because you love them.

So long as you're happy with them, you shouldn't cheat and if you aren't happy, then leave or work it out.

No excuse for cheating
    Well, that's not true, is it.

He loves you. He just doesn't belong to you.

(Original post by amylouisenic)
    You don't have a very positive opinion of women do you lol.
    How did you arrive at this opinion?

What has this got to do with stating the obvious?

You are actually proving me right with this statement. Most people can't stand the truth that is not to their advantage. They react negatively to promote their self-interest.

Honestly, I would rather be hurt by the truth than be deceived. 100%.
    The truth always comes out in the end, and if I really loved my husband, I'd want him to be happy too, even if it means he's not with me.

Any decent person would appreciate the honesty, even if it did break their heart. I would never beg/emotionally blackmail someone to be with me because I know they'd never be truly happy and knowing that, neither would I.
    Most women would not even be able to handle their man/husband telling them they are putting on weight. How will they accept "I want to leave you because I find someone else more attractive".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Well, that's not true, is it.

He loves you. He just doesn't belong to you.

I never brought belonging into it? It's about respect and love for each other.

Don't cheat on someone you love or respect. Make it work or leave them. You can't get sex elsewhere and emotional care from them.

You shouldn't cheat. Talk about your issues or leave.

That's true of either gender and it's just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I would never cheat because I don't plan to settle. Married life is a prison, I look at my parents and it will never be me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You are actually proving me right with this statement. Most people can't stand the truth that is not to their advantage. They react negatively to promote their self-interest.

Most women would not even be able to handle their man/husband telling them they are putting on weight. How will they accept "I want to leave you because I find someone else more attractive".
    This was my post by the way.

Trying to flip between browsers using "Alt" made it anonymous.

because you automatically assume that a woman will beg/use emotional blackmail/be vengeful etc when being told they are being left or their husband isn't happy. Whereas I think the normal reaction would be to be upset, not to be manipulative and vengeful..

I haven't reacted negatively, I've just voiced (or typed) an assumption I've made about you due to your post, whether it's incorrect or not.

You keep saying 'most women' blah blah, the OP has asked for opinions from women. I am a woman, I am giving my opinion. I am not speaking on behalf of all women, just myself. And personally, if my husband told me I'd put on weight, yeah I'd be upset cos he thought it was enough to be noticeable but I'd already know this myself and so it would be accepted by me. Again, I'm sure many women wouldn't. If he told me he didn't find me attractive anymore I'd be upset, but such is life. I'd have to move on.

(Original post by LutherVan)
    This was my post by the way.

Trying to flip between browsers using "Alt" made it anonymous.
    didn't even look at who had posted it, knew it was you lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I would never cheat because I don't plan to settle. Married life is a prison, I look at my parents and it will never be me.
    Yeah that's pretty much it. Just look at the harsh, demanding girls on this topic for a little taste. Cheating makes many girls feel horror because it shows that they can't take men for granted, and a lot of them hate that realisation. It's easier to blame men for being human and having needs than to accept responsibility for their own shortcomings.

I'd much rather have lots of short term girlfriends without the hassle of "making it work", i.e., surrendering everything about me that makes me human. If I need to reproduce I'll adopt a kid, or maybe grow one in an artificial womb or surrogate.

I wouldn't say no to a traditional submissive wife, but they're in short supply these days. I can imagine real companionship being worthwhile, but I've yet to find anyone capable of being a real companion.

ReputationRep:
    because you automatically assume that a woman will beg/use emotional blackmail/be vengeful etc when being told they are being left or their husband isn't happy. Whereas I think the normal reaction would be to be upset, not to be manipulative and vengeful..

I haven't reacted negatively, I've just voiced (or typed) an assumption I've made about you due to your post, whether it's incorrect or not.
    I never even stated a sex in the post.

You keep saying 'most women' blah blah, the OP has asked for opinions from women. I am a woman, I am giving my opinion. I am not speaking on behalf of all women, just myself. And personally, if my husband told me I'd put on weight, yeah I'd be upset cos he thought it was enough to be noticeable but I'd already know this myself and so it would be accepted by me. Again, I'm sure many women wouldn't. If he told me he didn't find me attractive anymore I'd be upset, but such is life. I'd have to move on.
    That is good.

I am sure most women would not react like you as evident from experiences of majority of men.

I never even stated a sex in the post.
    Oops, you're right. Sorry, just assumed you had because the OP is about women and their reaction to cheating.

That is good.

I am sure most women would not react like you as evident from experiences of majority of men.
    Yes, that's probably true. I am one of a kind :flower2:

Oops, you're right. Sorry, just assumed you had because the OP is about women and their reaction to cheating.

Yes, that's probably true. I am one of a kind :flower2:

(Original post by 41b)
    Yeah that's pretty much it. Just look at the harsh, demanding girls on this topic for a little taste.
    I don't really think expecting your husband not to cheat on you, when he has made a vow not to, is "harsh" and "demanding". But hey, that's just me.

PRSOM??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

As if I've repped you before!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think expecting your husband not to cheat on you, when he has made a vow not to, is "harsh" and "demanding". But hey, that's just me.
    Yeah, and you made a vow to honour, obey and serve him, till death do you part.

I can't remember the last woman I saw who fit into the honour, obey and serve role. What is the divorce rate now? 60%? Initiated 75% of the time by women?

No thanks. I'll have all the pointless sex I can find and you continue life after 35 with cats and chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    ITT: Trolls and children who don't have a clue about the interests of the majority of adults (men and women).

Surprise, kids!

Men in their 30s and onwards tend to get married in order to settle down and have children/enjoy married life, just as women do

People do generally still have sex in their 50s/60s (yes, your parents most likely are still having sex on a regular basis if they are together)

A hell of a lot of men in their 50s wouldn't be comfortable having sex with an 18-25 year old, because they would seem too much like a child to them

Men are capable of actually loving their partner and wanting to be faithful to them :rolleyes:

(Original post by 41b)
    Yeah, and you made a vow to honour, obey and serve him, till death do you part.

I can't remember the last woman I saw who fit into the honour, obey and serve role. What is the divorce rate now? 60%? Initiated 75% of the time by women?

No thanks. I'll have all the pointless sex I can find and you continue life after 35 with cats and chocolate.
    Yes that's true, those vows are outdated but fidelity (in my opinion) is the one constant.

No idea about divorce rates, and that may well be true but it's better to be divorced than stay in a marriage that you're not happy in.

Life after 35?? 35 is young! Will definitely not be a cat lady at 35.

but you enjoy dying alone, after spending all your money on buying young girls drinks and whatever else they can squeeze out of you, and having no family of your own to speak of.

There's more to life than sex (although it's pretty ****ing amazing), and I hope you find it one day

(Original post by Ronove)
    ITT: Trolls and children who don't have a clue about the interests of the majority of adults (men and women).

Surprise, kids!

Men in their 30s and onwards tend to get married in order to settle down and have children/enjoy married life, just as women do

People do generally still have sex in their 50s/60s (yes, your parents most likely are still having sex on a regular basis if they are together)

A hell of a lot of men in their 50s wouldn't be comfortable having sex with an 18-25 year old, because they would seem too much like a child to them

Men are capable of actually loving their partner and wanting to be faithful to them :rolleyes:
    +1, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)

Surprise, kids!

Always put things out so well don't you, Ranove

I've witnessed the devasting effects of cheating. It's not nice to watch someone go through knowing the person they put all of their energy into and would have done anything for has been unfaithful to them. However, the couple are now together, they were not for a long time and it took the guy ages to convince his wife it would never happen again.

Personally, I don't think if ever consider cheating, no matter what the reason, I couldn't do that to someone. (I'm a girl btw)

If I had a husband that cheated on me for something as selfish as sex, I don't think I could recover the relationship. I'd walk away no matter what age I was or how much it hurt me not to have that person in my life as it would hurt more to stay,

However, if I had young children I'm not sure what I would do

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.