x Turn on thread page Beta

females, Why are you single? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm far too picky haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anngeli)
    Maybe you're asexual? If so, that's completely normal and you don't have a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You might be asexual and/or aromantic. There's nothing wrong with you or with either of these. ^__^
    I'm going to look it into it now. thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm. Reasons: I'm very reclusive, unsociable and shy; I'm below average in looks; I don't really know any men; I'm fairly picky; the few men I do know I either don't find attractive or they don't like me back.

Think that about covers it. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    One actually is, she just doesn't use it anymore
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a boyfriend but I'd rather be single than in a relationship just for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    I'd like a boyfriend but I'd rather be single than in a relationship just for the sake of it.
    Wouldn't you feel lonely, you might end up in a bedsit room all by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't found anyone

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it would be better if more were single. While women have relatively high standards over who they will date, they have relatively low standards over which guys they are dating they will get into a relationship with. This is why most are not single for long and often have boyfriends that don't last.

ReputationRep:
    1. I'm enjoying life so far without a relationship.
    2. I never make the first move because I don't give enough ****s.
    3. When anyone makes their move on me I still can't give enough ****s.
    4. I'm short and slim with huge breasts it probably looks too unnatural to most people.

That's basically it really.

(Original post by HucktheForde)
    Dont you like the warmth of a man? A man that will please and pleasure you the way you desire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont want sex/intercourse. I like all the cuddling/spending time wirh a man but they all want aex a lot so im not really compatable lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stewie2011)
    Wouldn't you feel lonely, you might end up in a bedsit room all by yourself.
    Why would I be in a bedsit :lol:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, I'm gay, so.
    Me too
    #thestruggleisreal
    #inthecloset

ReputationRep:
    I am single because no one has noticed awesomisity. hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lccy)
    I don't have a boyfriend because I don't want one, and I'm too focused on my future - every boyfriend I've ever had has tried to hold me back. I don't want a relationship until I'm established at uni/work.
    Ditto this, having a partner would be a massive distraction right now.

Plus, I so rarely meet people who I would even consider being in a relationship with. This makes me sound aloof, but i'm not, I just won't settle for an 'ok' relationship. I know what I want and if i'm not getting it then i'm not sacrificing my time and effort because I like being able to do whatever I want, when I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernana)
    2. I never make the first move because I don't give enough ****s.
    3. When anyone makes their move on me I still can't give enough ****s.
    Haha totally feel the same

ReputationRep:
    No i'm good

Because I can't be bothered with the effort of having to let someone get to know me and opening up to them when I know it most probably won't be a long lasting relationship - I'm mid-twenties and most guys my age are not interested in settling down.

People are always temporary at this stage in life (guys, friends, colleagues etc) and I really don't want to waste my time investing in someone who probably only wants a shag. It's just not how I work. I prefer meaningful relationships but most guys my age seem incapable of them.

To be honest, I generally prefer older men, I like the way they look (i.e. not like boys) I like men who already have a career, know who they are and what they want in life and who want someone to spend their life with. But I don't meet that many guys in their 40's.

TL;DR - I don't want to date immature boys and I value my time to much to waste it on them.

ReputationRep:
    TSRian femmes are typically single e.g. due to:

• Unattractiveness/(related) misandry
    • Personal preference (e.g. prefer to shag about)
    • Low self-esteem/mental health issues
    • Reclusive habits/introverted personas
    • Lack of the flirt gene/not highly sexed
    • Prioritising studies
    • Fearing sexual fallout
    • From a strict background
    • Bad experiences

(Original post by Bernana)
    4. I'm short and slim with huge breasts it probably looks too unnatural to most people
    Pics or it didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    If it's meant to be it will be,although I do miss the warmth of a man and the stability and security that comes from being in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I'm single because I am starting to realise I'm way too fussy. I don't know what I want, or I have this image in my head of the perfect boyfriend and if a guy doesn't meet that image 100% I have no interest.

I have lost a few lovely potential boyfriends because of this issue.

I need to sort myself out.. Hm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.