Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    As has been pointed out before, they are only relevant on one part of the country, why would any welsh, English or NI person listen to somebody who they can't vote for and is probably going to be spending their time telling their voters that they shouldn't be in the same country as them (oh and they deserve more money from evil Westminster).

The lib dems are running in wales, NI and England and have safe seats in all 3.
    I'll be voting SNP....but even If I wanted to I could never vote for the english green party....so why should they be in the debate and not the SNP...

You get your minor green party but I get denied my chance to see the third largest political party (90000) members debate head to head...

The SNP could be in government...they could have more seats than the lib dems going by current polling....

Take your st georges cross tinted specs off

Your westminster establishment fought tooth and nail for us to remain in the UK....so they can dam well put up with us...its what they wanted afterall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im pure raging.

Your effectively saying that you feel any party not standing in England should not be deemed important enough for a tv debate. In doing so you highlight the democratic deficit that exists between Scotland and the rest of the UK.

I'm just as important as you...don't kid yourself that because there is more of you that you are somehow more entitled...because your not....the UK is a "familly" afterall....bull**** state of affairs. End the union.

Baby boomers held us back in september but they wont be able to do so for much longer... I give it 5-10 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1tartanarmy)
    Im pure raging.

Your effectively saying that you feel any party not standing in England should not be deemed important enough for a tv debate. In doing so you highlight the democratic deficit that exists between Scotland and the rest of the UK.

I'm just as important as you...don't kid yourself that because there is more of you that you are somehow more entitled...because your not....the UK is a "familly" afterall....bull**** state of affairs. End the union.

Baby boomers held us back in september but they wont be able to do so for much longer... I give it 5-10 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So who would you have then? A debate with all UK Parties isn't too feasible...

16-20 year olds also lost it for you.

And next time I might not cast two votes for YES...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10001)
    The SNP, DUP, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein and all other suchlike parties should not be allowed to participate in the upcoming TV political debates because they are not national parties and do not represent the entire country. They therefore cannot possibly be of influence to Englanders and so what is the point in them partaking. Agree or disagree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree. While I don't appreciate being excluded from some things such as advertisements, insurance and even legislation I think that in this particular situation we should be excluded. We have no reason to be involved in this debate, we don't have the Conservative/Labour party going on, we are also small and insignificant in comparison to England.

I am sure most English people would like rid of us no matter what we think.

ReputationRep:
    If the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Feinn (?) and the English separatist joined into a semi confederate party, then that parties representative should be at the talks.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.