Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys that want their wife/gf to work full time watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    If you dont mind working only part time/ staying home with the kids, then sure
    And that kids, is how I met your mother...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    And that kids, is how I met your mother...
    Great story to tell others when they ask how you became a couple

"Oh, we met on this online student forum on a thread about whether women should work full time or not"

"...okay"

ReputationRep:
    She has to work. End of.

Part time is a iffy but preferably full time.
    If she's part time like motorbiker said U expect a clean house and food prepared as that's only fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)

"Oh, we met on this online student forum on a thread about whether women should work full time or not"

"...okay"
    Still a better ending than HIMYM...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Still a better ending than HIMYM...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont even get me started on the HIMYM ending ruined everything for me. Never have I seen something so awful
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I will never understand anyone who doesn't want to work. I've been out of work for 6 weeks and have another 5 weeks before I can start my new job, I am going mad with boredom and it's incredibly lonely. Why on earth would anyone choose this lifestyle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I will never understand anyone who doesn't want to work. I've been out of work for 6 weeks and have another 5 weeks before I can start my new job, I am going mad with boredom and it's incredibly lonely. Why on earth would anyone choose this lifestyle?
    I've been out of education and employment for 6 months... Life is good, stress-free and chilled.

Spend my time thinking about life, playing games and stuff :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will make a room for my wife right next to the kitchen. Saves her time making breakfast, lunch dinner and also washing clothes.

(Original post by liass)

"...okay"

I've always thought that a husband and wife both working full time would be exhausting - who is going to look after the house? When they come home from work and have the prospect of cooking, cleaning, washing etc, I'd just find that depressing.

It makes more sense for me to have one person going to work and the other staying at home to look after the house.

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    I've always thought that a husband and wife both working full time would be exhausting - who is going to look after the house? When they come home from work and have the prospect of cooking, cleaning, washing etc, I'd just find that depressing.

It makes more sense for me to have one person going to work and the other staying at home to look after the house.
    Cooking, washing etc will be negligible since both would probs eat out often.

and with both working = more disposable income, so eat out in good places.

Unless kids ofc.

(Original post by sr90)
    Some people actually enjoy looking after the house I love the idea of making everything lovely for a husband to come home to and make him happy. :daydreaming: Plus it's not like you'd never see anyone else as you've still got to do the food shopping and you can still meet up with friends occasionally. :yep: And if you have children, you get to see other mums at the school gate or nursery or wherever.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Cooking, washing etc will be negligible since both would probs eat out often.

and with both working = more disposable income, so eat out in good places.

Unless kids ofc.

I wouldn't want to eat out often. :indiff: And erm, do you never wash your clothes, then?

I wouldn't want to eat out often. :indiff: And erm, do you never wash your clothes, then?
    I was reffering to washing dishes etc.

Cleaning clothes is not hard... Anyone can lol

I was reffering to washing dishes etc.

Cleaning clothes is not hard... Anyone can lol
    And I was referring to washing clothes.

Yeah but it's time-consuming what with the drying and ironing and folding neatly away.

And I was referring to washing clothes.

Yeah but it's time-consuming what with the drying and ironing and folding neatly away.
    Not hard at all. We all do this on a daily basis.

Not really time consuming if you organise your time correctly.

Not hard at all. We all do this on a daily basis.

Not really time consuming if you organise your time correctly.
    :rolleyes:
    And you're completely missing my point. :boring:

:rolleyes:
    And you're completely missing my point. :boring:
    What's your point? :k:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster

A lot of people manage.

ReputationRep:

And that has to be the wife staying at home while the husband works his ass off of course. You know, because.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.