Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are perfume adverts so raunchy Watch

ReputationRep:
    What I understand even less is the cat food ad with Eva Longoria looking all sultry and sexy. How on earth can you make cat food sexy? Why do you even need to? :L

ReputationRep:
    Men and women respond to strong smells and perfume like makeup was created to attract men. Creating an advert where these seduction attempts are successful because of the product is good for the consumer. In addition many of these goods are designed for middle income people so they try create classy images to associate the product as being a premium one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloudedSilver)
    What I understand even less is the cat food ad with Eva Longoria looking all sultry and sexy. How on earth can you make cat food sexy? Why do you even need to? :L
    I agree. Would make much more sense if she just showed us her own pussy being fed.

Ha. I do make myself laugh sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloudedSilver)
    what the hell, link pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I agree. Would make much more sense if she just showed us her own pussy being fed.

Ha. I do make myself laugh sometimes.
    Well you're the only one.:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone knows that once you spray yourself with their liquid capitalism you are suddenly transformed into a high class heartbreaker from the 1920s :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Because everyone knows that once you spray yourself with their liquid capitalism you are suddenly transformed into a high class heartbreaker from the 1920s :flutter:
    I could imagine you being on one of those raunchy adverts where they are making out in the elevator!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I could imagine you being on one of those raunchy adverts where they are making out in the elevator!
    Me too! :tong:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..and then I wake up

ReputationRep:
    Me too! :tong:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..and then I wake up
    What better way to put your acting skills to use, it suits you

ReputationRep:
    What better way to put your acting skills to use, it suits you
    Sure, provided the product in question were 'eau de zombie' :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Sure, provided the product in question were 'eau de zombie' :coma:
    Would be actually cool to see something new and different,most perfume adverts are just the same old filth! And I'm a huge fan of all things zombie

ReputationRep:
    Would be actually cool to see something new and different,most perfume adverts are just the same old filth! And I'm a huge fan of all things zombie
    Zombie Juice: Capture the unique essential essence of the un-dead. This putrid-fleshy aroma will certainly turn heads (just watch they don't fall off) :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Zombie Juice: Capture the unique essential essence of the un-dead. This putrid-fleshy aroma will certainly turn heads (just watch they don't fall off) :mmm:
    I'd try it for sure

ReputationRep:
    They make me cringe :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    I just think sometimes that they're over the top altho I can understand to a certain extent why especially if it involves sexy shirtless men!
    Your profile picture is quite "raunchy"....

ReputationRep:
    Perfumes and aftershaves sell an image, an image of being attractive to another person for smelling nice. Linx adverts in a nut shell.

But you have to make the advert look sophisticated by adding a black and white filter, some french words and a stupid one liner.

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked the Chanel adverts, especially the one with Audrey Tatou and that one from a few years back with Nicole Kidman in it. I thought they were rather classy. Still wouldn't make me go out and buy a bottle of Chanel though.
    I don't watch much television these days so I rarely see the adverts that are on now. Are you speaking about any ones in particular?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.