Turn on thread page Beta

having an extra £900 ? watch

(Original post by CSM1996)
    Think you might need more than an extra 900 quid to do that one
    Aww I know... But I shall continue to dream anyway haha

ReputationRep:
    I actually got an out of the blue £900 last November and I bought a Macbook Air and a new TV for my family's living room. If I got given it now though I'd put it in my savings account.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'd put it towards this year's Christmas and birthday presents/parties for my kids. It would mean I'd have to save up less, which would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolgirlaamy)
    Haha, no way you were going to stay in a hut with me in the first place... Girl needs her space
    University of Strathclyde. What's so special about that place may I ask? Without sounding boring, my job looks into Foreign students and the Universities they pick. Strath seems to be a hugely popular one.

(Original post by Bubzeh)
    University of Strathclyde. What's so special about that place may I ask? Without sounding boring, my job looks into Foreign students and the Universities they pick. Strath seems to be a hugely popular one.
    Well I'm an engineering student and Strathclyde is the best university in Glasgow (where I live) for engineering which is why I decided to go there. The university has tons of industry links and partnerships (especially in the EEE department ) but in terms of foreign students, I don't know why they would choose to go there in particular, maybe because it's based in the centre of Glasgow so it's easy to get around and stuff compared to other universities.

ReputationRep:
    Pay off my credit card bill.

ReputationRep:
    Give 10% to charity and the rest to sort the bodywork on my car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Per)
    I would probably travel somewhere.
    couldnt agree more...

i would probably get a return flight to south america and see how much I could see with the rest

or just buy loads of dime bars...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I'd put it towards this year's Christmas and birthday presents/parties for my kids. It would mean I'd have to save up less, which would be nice.
    towards? i think my parents spent like 20 quid on me for a birthday :P
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by number23)
    towards? i think my parents spent like 20 quid on me for a birthday :P
    Yeah mine did too. Kids these days are so spoiled lol.

Honestly I think it's just that presents are so blinking expensive these days.

ReputationRep:
    Invest.

ReputationRep:
    save half, spend the other half. or, I would rather book a flight immediately then enjoy the trip!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Put £800 in my account to go towards my overdraft. The other £100 I'd put in my savings account and dip into it when I feel like treating myself to something

ReputationRep:
    Can't really do anything with that. Can't buy a decent suit, or a decent computer, or a decent car. I'd give it away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.