Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What one feature do you most want on your next car? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    about £650 a year. 21 years old with my license for 3 years. 0 points. 1 year no claims (gotta stop changing my vehicle every 6 months ). Pretty quick wee car. 0-60 in around 8.5-9seconds (reported 0-60 seems to vary between car mags / manufacturer number). It has an insane amount of pull in 2nd/3rd from 30-70mph though which feels fantastic to drive. Only had it for about a month now but would definetly recommend them for a cheap hot(warm? ) hatch. Power delivery took a wee bit of getting used too, PD130 version of the 1.9tdi has a rather large turbo, theres a good 400ms or so delay in throttle response before you get a big chunk of power.

Nice looking car mate looks nice clean and sleek. That insurance premium is great though. I need to bring mine down to around that much. Not looking forward to renewal in june lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Atm, my car is pretty poor but in thinking of what I want on my next one.

I think AC is up there, not used my car in summer yet but I bet it will suck with no AC.

Others include heated front windscreen and stereo controls on the steering wheel.
    An engine so loud and powerful it can blow women's clothes off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waz96)
    Nice looking car mate looks nice clean and sleek. That insurance premium is great though. I need to bring mine down to around that much. Not looking forward to renewal in june lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hehe. I assume by the 96 in your name your 18. Insurance gets MUCH cheaper once you have had your license for a whole year. Back when i had my '99 1.0L micra it was £1600 for my first year. After 6 months on that policy i had my license for a year and the insurance went down to £700ish. I immediatly cancled the 1600 policy and took up a new £700 policy and got my first years no claims. After that with my license for 2 years I found i could get a lot more reasonable cars without getting tanked by insurance. After 3 years of licence some hot hatches seemed to become obtainable so i just went for it .

So yeah get that years NCB and suffer a couple of years in ****tboxxes without ballsing up your clean license and you will be good. Provided you dont live in inner city Manchester or the likes that is

EDIT: Sorry for derailing thread somewhat

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. I assume by the 96 in your name your 18. Insurance gets MUCH cheaper once you have had your license for a whole year. Back when i had my '99 1.0L micra it was £1600 for my first year. After 6 months on that policy i had my license for a year and the insurance went down to £700ish. I immediatly cancled the 1600 policy and took up a new £700 policy and got my first years no claims. After that with my license for 2 years I found i could get a lot more reasonable cars without getting tanked by insurance. After 3 years of licence some hot hatches seemed to become obtainable so i just went for it .

So yeah get that years NCB and suffer a couple of years in ****tboxxes without ballsing up your clean license and you will be good. Provided you dont live in inner city Manchester or the likes that is

EDIT: Sorry for derailing thread somewhat
    Haha yh im 18, should have had my lisence 2 years now but had to delay driving by a year. My insurance was 1250 on my clio 1.2 but the thing that really annoys me is the black box!! Drives me crazy not having the freedom to speed a little now and then. Cant even over take a bicycle 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    The 2 new cars am getting this year must have the following :-

1) Heated leather seats that's dark coloured.
    2) Digital climate control.
    3) A retractable charging cord. It seriously is no fun to untangle and then to store a cable that is 10m long
    4) Adaptive cruise control.
    5) Touch screen interface.
    6) Bluetooth syncing.
    7) Air suspension.
    8) No-clutch pedal.
    9) Homelink.
    10) All Wheel Drive
    I can't think of a car that does those things but I'm guessing you have a particular one in mind...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waz96)
    Haha yh im 18, should have had my lisence 2 years now but had to delay driving by a year. My insurance was 1250 on my clio 1.2 but the thing that really annoys me is the black box!! Drives me crazy not having the freedom to speed a little now and then. Cant even over take a bicycle
    Ugh yeah Black Boxes are aids. Ive managed to avoid them so far. Could probably save another £100 if i went for one but I like the option of driving like a [email protected] every once in a while without my insurer breathing down my neck . Wish UK insurers would go down the Russian route instead and just require dash cams instead, meaning your **** driving is only shown off if you actually crash .

ReputationRep:
    Ugh yeah Black Boxes are aids. Ive managed to avoid them so far. Could probably save another £100 if i went for one but I like the option of driving like a [email protected] every once in a while without my insurer breathing down my neck . Wish UK insurers would go down the Russian route instead and just require dash cams instead, meaning your **** driving is only shown off if you actually crash .
    Dash cams would be so much better that way atleast i could have some decent wheels. Cant wait to rip that box out.
    Feel sorry for my 1.2ltr with all the ragging its going to get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Waz96)
    Haha yh im 18, should have had my lisence 2 years now but had to delay driving by a year. My insurance was 1250 on my clio 1.2 but the thing that really annoys me is the black box!! Drives me crazy not having the freedom to speed a little now and then. Cant even over take a bicycle 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I speed all the time and I have a black box, insurance hasn't said anything but my scores are pretty bad on the online portal thing. (0 out of 100)

What makes you not want to speed? Nothing has happened to me for doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I can't think of a car that does those things but I'm guessing you have a particular one in mind...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2015 Volvo XC90 Twin Engine.
    2015 Tesla Model S P85D.

I got suckered into buying a 2nd Tesla hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    I speed all the time and I have a black box, insurance hasn't said anything but my scores are pretty bad on the online portal thing. (0 out of 100)

What makes you not want to speed? Nothing has happened to me for doing it
    Thats pretty good if you can get away with it.
    Most i can get away with is like doing 35 in a 30. Any more and i could get 100 fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A 7.2 litre V8.
    I'm saving up for a classic American Dodge muscle car.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Reversing sensors would be quite nice.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Waz96)
    Thats pretty good if you can get away with it.
    Most i can get away with is like doing 35 in a 30. Any more and i could get 100 fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A fine from your insurance?

Who are you with? I'm with tesco/insurethebox

The highest speed ive went to with the black box tracking me is 120 ish

Maybe tesco just doesn't care lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    A fine from your insurance?

Who are you with? I'm with tesco/insurethebox

The highest speed ive went to with the black box tracking me is 120 ish

Maybe tesco just doesn't care lol
    Im with mypolicy.com which is underwritten by aviva.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd love the following...

Ford Sync
    A/C
    Remote Central Locking

... makes me wish I got a Fiesta Zetec instead of a Fiesta Studio, only got 2 years though on Finance!

ReputationRep:
    All you people wanting a USB port...

My car is fitted with Bluetooth, and it's very handy to have. The steering wheel controls work and the sound quality is top-drawer.

Forget USB, Bluetooth is the way forward (except for charging... )

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a glovebox that isnt so small that it's almost useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danty)
    All you people wanting a USB port...

My car is fitted with Bluetooth, and it's very handy to have. The steering wheel controls work and the sound quality is top-drawer.

Forget USB, Bluetooth is the way forward (except for charging... )
    Pretty sure most cars with USB (especially from manufacturers) still work from the steering wheel.
    You'll get better sound quality than from bluetooth (although for an audiophile, a car is never going to be that good so this is largely equal).
    Better battery life than from bluetooth.
    And if the port is in a glove box, an old ipod can be left in the permanently and never needs repeatedly plugging in every time you enter/exit the vehicle.

ReputationRep:
    Cruise control - Every car I buy has to have cruise control! Makes driving long distance SO much easier and relaxed. Saves a heap on fuel too!

Everything else like USB ports and AUX inputs are retrofittable so are not a requirement as I can swap things out for those for much less than the cost of a car with them already in!

ReputationRep:
    I would like to be able to store and play MP3 files as opposed to having to constantly swap out 12 track CDs!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.