Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bryony's Journey: The Grade Turn Around watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VittoriaAnna)
    what exercises did you do for chemistry?
    It was maths Core 1, but for chemistry, in the text book I have there are questions on almost every other page related to the topic on those two or three pages, similarly in physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonyG98)
    It was maths Core 1, but for chemistry, in the text book I have there are questions on almost every other page related to the topic on those two or three pages, similarly in physics
    Ah thanks, would you be able to link me to the textbook? and good luck with getting your grades by the way, I can tell you're really motivated!

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks, would you be able to link me to the textbook? and good luck with getting your grades by the way, I can tell you're really motivated!
    Pretty sure it is this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Chem.../dp/1405896353

And you too!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it is this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Chem.../dp/1405896353

And you too!
    Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate :pingu:

Good luck with your studies I'm sure you'll turn those grades around! Any help you need, I'm here for you

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

Have a busy couple of days so don't blame me if I don't post an update tonight! Tonight I will be at a friend's house so may not be able to get online to post an update and I won't get back until tomorrow lunch time (ish) when revision will start back up at a fast pace!

Yesterday!

Lets also get my excuse out of the way for yesterday. I was at my nan's all day and then had hockey training and didnt get back until 10pm and then went for a shower and bed... I did get a bit of revision done inbetween though (only a small amount).

I carried on with my revision cards, but other than that nothing *slaps wrist*. I will try and get these done today along with a couple of maths exercises.

Replies!

I will try and have this section whenever someone comments in my blog and I have a post to put up, if I don't have a post ready (or it is very quickly after my post has done up) I will reply individually (:

(Original post by Katniss15)
    Hey mate :pingu:

Good luck with your studies I'm sure you'll turn those grades around! Any help you need, I'm here for you
    Thank you and you too!

Wishing everyone luck in the competition and I am enjoying reading everyone's blogs!

BryonyG (:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Good work so far, keep it up :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Just a quick little update on not only revision but my life in general (: After thinking I had the weekend free so had revision planned, I now have a hockey match in the morning! At least it is early so I should be back at around lunch time so can still get some work done then! I think this is my problem, too many other things going on.
    Also starting today (hopefully) I am also going to try to improve my fitness, because I really want to get fitter (:

Yesterday!

Okay so yesterday wasn't overly productive; I didn't get back home until just gone midday and then I had lunch so didn't actually get to do anything until 2pm. I was then told I had to make dinner but I already had a scheduled revision session at 5pm so I had to make it early! Although I did do the revision session!

We covered: Physics Unit 1 Chapters 1-3, it was really helpful as there were a couple of things that I didn't understand that they understood better than me so it was useful. We also went through a couple of questions (:

Plan For Today!

Gingerbread101 suggested that I do a to-do list for each day as which works with my revision checklist, so I will be trying that out for the next few days (:

Today I plan to:

Topics 1.7-2.6 of Core 1
    Topics 1.1-1.6 of Statistics 1
    Topics 1.1-1.7 of Chemistry Unit 1
    Flash cards on Economics Unit 1 Chapter 2 Definitions

Replies!

(Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Good work so far, keep it up :yy:
    Thank you (: I will try!

I will try and update this later today with how I got on with my to-do list (:

BryonyG (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So with 80 days (including today) until my first exam (Economics-Markets In Action) I am going to try and split up my time into 4 sections of different amounts of days. Don't quite know why I feel the need to post this but I figured it might be useful for me to plan it out in a structured way that is similar to a timetable, just without the times!

Sections!

In Section 1 - Until the 20th March (28 days)

I hope to have made concise notes on all of Chemistry, Physics and Economics and have done all questions in C1, C2, S1 and S2 [providing finished in lessons] (plus notes on the latter)

In Section 2 - From the 21st March until the 20th April (30 days which includes Easter Holidays although I am away from the 12th until the 18th so realistically 23 days)

I hope to have done all questions in C3, C4 and M1 and have done all questions in the Chemistry, Physics and Economics Text Books. Also at least 2 past papers on each of C1, C2, S1 and S2

In Section 3 - From the 21st April until the 10th May (19 days)

This section takes me up to study leave, I aim to have done all Economics Markets in Action Papers (exam the next day) and all but 1 C1 Paper (exam on the 13th May). I also aim to have read through my notes for subjects which I made them (Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Economics)

In Section 4 - From 11th May until the 25th June (45 days includes Half Term)

This section represents the extent of my exams, I aim to have done every past paper for every exam before the date of that exam and have gone over everything I have got wrong using my notes and re-doing the questions I get wrong [not straight afterwards as I would remember the answer]
    I finish study leave before the end of my exams but about 3 weeks and only have 4 exams in the time period so these will be prioritized less in the first week or so.

My Exam Dates!

11th May - Economics Markets in Action (Unit 1)
    13th May - C1
    19th May - Economics National Economy (Unit 2) AND Physics Unit 1
    20th May - C2
    22nd May - Chemistry Unit 1
    2nd June - Chemistry Unit 2
    3rd June - M1
    4th June - Physics Unit 2
    5th June - S1
    12th June - C3
    16th June - C4
    22nd June - S2
    25th June - AEA

Sorry that this post probably isn't very interesting for most people but it has been quite useful for me to write it out (and I realized that I hadn't noted the dates of my Chemistry exams anywhere!)

BryonyG (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So with 80 days (including today) until my first exam (Economics-Markets In Action) I am going to try and split up my time into 4 sections of different amounts of days. Don't quite know why I feel the need to post this but I figured it might be useful for me to plan it out in a structured way that is similar to a timetable, just without the times!

Sections!

In Section 1 - Until the 20th March (28 days)

I hope to have made concise notes on all of Chemistry, Physics and Economics and have done all questions in C1, C2, S1 and S2 [providing finished in lessons] (plus notes on the latter)

In Section 2 - From the 21st March until the 20th April (30 days which includes Easter Holidays although I am away from the 12th until the 18th so realistically 23 days)

I hope to have done all questions in C3, C4 and M1 and have done all questions in the Chemistry, Physics and Economics Text Books. Also at least 2 past papers on each of C1, C2, S1 and S2

In Section 3 - From the 21st April until the 10th May (19 days)

This section takes me up to study leave, I aim to have done all Economics Markets in Action Papers (exam the next day) and all but 1 C1 Paper (exam on the 13th May). I also aim to have read through my notes for subjects which I made them (Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Economics)

In Section 4 - From 11th May until the 25th June (45 days includes Half Term)

This section represents the extent of my exams, I aim to have done every past paper for every exam before the date of that exam and have gone over everything I have got wrong using my notes and re-doing the questions I get wrong [not straight afterwards as I would remember the answer]
    I finish study leave before the end of my exams but about 3 weeks and only have 4 exams in the time period so these will be prioritized less in the first week or so.

My Exam Dates!

11th May - Economics Markets in Action (Unit 1)
    13th May - C1
    19th May - Economics National Economy (Unit 2) AND Physics Unit 1
    20th May - C2
    22nd May - Chemistry Unit 1
    2nd June - Chemistry Unit 2
    3rd June - M1
    4th June - Physics Unit 2
    5th June - S1
    12th June - C3
    16th June - C4
    22nd June - S2
    25th June - AEA

Sorry that this post probably isn't very interesting for most people but it has been quite useful for me to write it out (and I realized that I hadn't noted the dates of my Chemistry exams anywhere!)

BryonyG (:
    Splitting your time like that is a great idea, I'm going to have to try that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Splitting your time like that is a great idea, I'm going to have to try that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately I can't claim the idea xD I got it from Katniss15 and their blog and adapted it for my own revision (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Just wanted to check in as it was the first day back at school today (:

Half Term Goals!

Okay so for me this was a miserable fail! My goals were:

1) Cover all of C1-2 and S1
    2) Make notes and practice questions on Chemistry Unit 1 and Physics Unit 1
    3) Past papers (2?) on the above and mark them
    4) Practice economics essay questions and learn definitions (Flash cards)

I successfully did some of C1, some Economics Definitions and that was about it!

Plan for Today!

Today I plan to:

- Do Chapter 5 C4 Mixed Exercise (Homework)
    - Finish notes on Group 2 in Chemistry (Unit 2)
    - Do Chemistry Paper (Unit 1) (Homework)
    - Do Statistics Question (Homework)

- Do Economics Essay (Homework but not due until Friday)

Hopefully my working will get back on track now that I am back at school!

BryonyG (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Sorry for the delay been an incredibly hectic week as I have been looking after my Nan who has fractured her wrist, an engineering challenge day (which my team one!) and I had a DofE practice walk.

What is Coming Up Next Week?

Despite the face that I have already had my mocks it seems that all my teachers have decided to set tests next week; so here is what I have:

Monday: Stats test (S2 first 3 chapters) AND Physics topic 9 test

Wednesday: Chemistry Assessed Practical AND C4 Mock

So guess what my weekend will consist of; Lots and lots of revision! I was seriously considering being ill next week xD

This Weekend!

So today, in preparation for the tests next week I plan to:

-Recap each Mixed Exercise in C4
    -Recap the 3 review exercises in S2
    -End of Chapter 9 Questions for Physics
    -Group 2 and 7 Notes for Chemistry (Flame tests and reactions)

In the past week I have been fairly successful in keeping up with all of my work, I was hoping to almost have a relaxing weekend but that went down the drain with all the tests. Hope that everyone else has had a good week!

BryonyG (:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I can't claim the idea xD I got it from Katniss15 and their blog and adapted it for my own revision (:
    Haha I'm glad you liked my idea! Keep up the good work!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.