Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I go out with a pushy guy! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So did he rape me? He said after he regrets force and pushing me into it
    If you didn't say no, then I don't think it technically would be. If you did, then yes. Pushing you into it is really immoral, but classifying it gets a bit... tricky. What do you mean by force?

I said I didn't want to be forced but I did it to please him. He forced me by texting and messages. He doesn't think he did anything wrong but regrets it

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't think he has done anything wrong, why is he then contradicting that statement by saying he regrets 'force and pushing' you into it? And if you don't think anything is wrong, why are you saying he forced you or you felt like you 'had to'.

It sounds to me like he knows what he is doing is something wrong, that he can sense you aren't 100% into it, but that he also senses if he keeps pushing, despite your reluctance, you will cave in. Texting you non-stop until he gets the answer that he wants is inconsiderate and immature - he sounds like he is only thinking about himself. From the tone of the messages you have posted, I think you don't want a relationship with him. At the end of the day you do what feels right for you. Someone who genuinely cares for you, respects you and values your company would not force the issue or push for sex when he can sense you are obviously reluctant.

Tell him you are not interested in him like that. And if it were me, I would probably not speak to him again, because staying in contact will just lead to a repeat of him thinking he has a chance and again pushing his luck. Stand up for yourself and be firm with him, don't let this be a pattern be repeated in the future.

I understand you might be worried about hurting his feelings, but he doesn't appear to care about yours. And I understand that because he is a friend of your cousin you may feel like you can't say no or you are afraid that it may affect your cousins friendship? But seriously, you need to consider yourself and how you feel.

He did say that yes he regrets dorcing me into it. I'm not into sex and I only did it cos he pushed me into it like I said. Basically he's done it before and I felt like I had to do it with him to shut him up going on about it.

ive already said I don't want anything to do with him. I really hope it doesn't happen again and I think he doesn't care since he tries and tries again.

ReputationRep:
    Are you close to your cousin? If yes, can you ask him to tell the friend to stop bothering you?
    I hope things improve for you.

Yeah I'm quite close to my cousin. Worst thing is we share the same cousin if that makes sense. Quite confusing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.