Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Telling women to keep their body hair is just as bad as telling them to shave it. People can do whatever they want with their bodies and do not have to please you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Women grow hair on their boobs and their butts and their legs and their arms and their stomachs and their face and really anywhere their genetics decides to have hair and it is perfectly normal. What isnt normal is society trying to shame women for not looking like a hairless baby. Grown women are, after all, meant to have hair on their armpits, vulva and legs. There is nothing ‘unnatural’ about a hairy woman; if there were then the hair would not grow there in the first place. Likewise, there is nothing ‘unfeminine’ about a hairy woman; if femininity is defined as ‘like a woman’ then a woman in her natural state is by definition as feminine as she can be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDM91)
    Women grow hair on their boobs and their butts and their legs and their arms and their stomachs and their face and really anywhere their genetics decides to have hair and it is perfectly normal. What isnt normal is society trying to shame women for not looking like a hairless baby. Grown women are, after all, meant to have hair on their armpits, vulva and legs. There is nothing ‘unnatural’ about a hairy woman; if there were then the hair would not grow there in the first place. Likewise, there is nothing ‘unfeminine’ about a hairy woman; if femininity is defined as ‘like a woman’ then a woman in her natural state is by definition as feminine as she can be.
    Sure, but you'r simply stating the obvious. You forgot the part with being attractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, no. I shave my body for myself because I feel more comfortable that way. Sure I can go days without shaving, and I do sometimes but I prefer shaving. I couldn't care less what other people think. I do it for myself, not to please anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottecrb)
    Uhh, no. I shave my body for myself because I feel more comfortable that way. Sure I can go days without shaving, and I do sometimes but I prefer shaving. I couldn't care less what other people think. I do it for myself, not to please anyone else.

And that's the way it should be ! It's your body your rules. I'm not anti hair removal but anti beauty standards and the pressure that's being put by society. But I am pro body hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDM91)
    But I am pro body hair
    ...then you are not actually in favor of people making choices for themselves. You are in favor of people making choices that align with what you like, which is body hair. So, this whole thing is really about you.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Trust you I was expecting at least orangutan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viceroy)
    ...then you are not actually in favor of people making choices for themselves. You are in favor of people making choices that align with what you like, which is body hair. So, this whole thing is really about you.
    No I'm not. You don't understand. I PREFER bodyy hair. But I'm not forcing women into growing it out. It's their body their choice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    What really is the point of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Telling people that body hair isn't gross or unfeminine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDM91)
    Telling people that body hair isn't gross or unfeminine.
    You can't tell people what to think. People are perfectly at liberty to find body hair unattractive. You can at most put forward your opinion that it is attractive, which you have done. So the thread really is quite pointless.

It's like me making a thread saying "I like bushy eyebrows" or something

ReputationRep:
    Telling as in showing a diffirent view and approach.

ReputationRep:
    Women grow hair on their bellies and their backs and their legs and their arms and their stomachs and their face and really anywhere their genetics decides to have hair and it is perfectly normal. What isnt normal is society trying to shame women for not looking like a hairless baby. Grown women are, after all, meant to have hair on their armpits, vulva and legs. There is nothing ‘unnatural’ about a hairy woman; if there were then the hair would not grow there in the first place. Likewise, there is nothing ‘unfeminine’ about a hairy woman; if femininity is defined as ‘like a woman’ then a woman in her natural state is by definition as feminine as she can be. Why should women only have hair on their heads ? Why is it disgusting and gross ? If it's gross why isn't a man with a hairy body gross ? Who has written the so called rules ? It also isn't unhygienic, we have water and soap don't we ? I think body hair is beautiful and feminine.

Body hair is oke

ReputationRep:
    :fan:

pretty sure that's a guy

ReputationRep:
    No shave no shame ladies. It's oke to grow body hair

ReputationRep:
    It's not attractive

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.