Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's clear you're not going to get back together otherwise she would be making an effort. Hard to hear but true - believe me I've been there, done that. The only way I learnt to get over the guy was to delete them off everything, as even seeing pictures of them would hurt too much. It's up to U when u are ready as its a big step

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well you appear to be the only one not intuitive enough to know I was talking about social networking.

- Though the entire idea of literally deleting a person does seem rather nice :daydreaming:
    I appear to be the only one who thinks that context helps make things clear and that your post reads as really stupid without it.

(Original post by Viceroy)
    I appear to be the only one who thinks that context helps make things clear and that your post reads as really stupid without it.
    Guess that's one way of looking at it.. So when're you actually going to give advice and stop being all contextual...?

ReputationRep:
    Guess that's one way of looking at it.. So when're you actually going to give advice and stop being all contextual...?
    I take 'being contextual' as a compliment, so thank you.

I think you're overthinking the situation. Doesn't really matter in the end. Life goes on.

I take 'being contextual' as a compliment, so thank you.

I think you're overthinking the situation. Doesn't really matter in the end. Life goes on.
    :unimpressed: typical TSRian :rofl:

I suppose, but I always have, admittedly I'm very clingy and insecure.

:unimpressed:X
    typical TSRian :rofl:

I suppose, but I always have been very clingy and insecure though.

ReputationRep:
    You sound very desperate chasing her around like that. It doesn't seem like she wants to have sex with you, so why are you bothering so much with all this? Just forget about her man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Illegal Algebra)
    You sound very desperate chasing her around like that. It doesn't seem like she wants to have sex with you, so why are you bothering so much with all this? Just forget about her man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is everything about sex, I just like the person, I don't want to have sex with her..

ReputationRep:
    :unimpressed: typical TSRian :rofl:

I suppose, but I always have, admittedly I'm very clingy and insecure.
    You're probably like, what, 14 years old? Do you seriously think it will make any difference if you're friends with some girl on Facebook? If you want to be friends with her, talk to her like a normal person. If she doesn't want to be your friend, get over it. Life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still interested, but I'm trying my best not to entertain those hopes, as we both agreed we'd avoid it.

As for consider, because it hurts, and I think just getting rid of her would make it go away overtime? :cry:
    Sorry to be blunt about this but you're a ****. I have been at the receiving end of this where a person I trusted and cherished decided to break me down at my weakest when my loved family member passed away and she knew about it and gave her condolences and the next day blocked and deleted me in every way with the reasoning that 'we hardly talk now a days'. I pray she never be happy. Dismissing someone out of your life can play on that person's psyche in ways you can't phantom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue-Shoes)
    Sorry to be blunt about this but you're a ****. I have been at the receiving end of this where a person I trusted and cherished decided to break me down at my weakest when my loved family member passed away and she knew about it and gave her condolences and the next day blocked and deleted me in every way with the reasoning that 'we hardly talk now a days'. I pray she never be happy. Dismissing someone out of your life can play on that person's psyche in ways you can't phantom.
    phantom?

You're probably like, what, 14 years old? Do you seriously think it will make any difference if you're friends with some girl on Facebook? If you want to be friends with her, talk to her like a normal person. If she doesn't want to be your friend, get over it. Life goes on.
    No I'm not, prior to the detachment we spent quite a while interacting in person, I'm from quite a remote area so it was/is difficult to see her, and lately she seems to spend 12 hours on a single piece of homework.. Whether you believe me or not, I don't care, I just came on here for advice.

(Original post by Blue-Shoes)
    I can understand where you're coming from, it is a **** move, and it is a difficult debate. I'm in quite a lot of pain over this, the mixed signals I got from the beginning, then suddenly just being ever so dismissive when it comes to conversations, I've already told her on many occasions how I feel emotionally.

For her to suddenly be detached without any explanation, or anything.. No decency, instead just leaving me on a bit of string.. Why should I display any in return..

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not, prior to the detachment we spent quite a while interacting in person, I'm from quite a remote area so it was/is difficult to see her, and lately she seems to spend 12 hours on a single piece of homework.. Whether you believe me or not, I don't care, I just came on here for advice.
    Why does it matter how long she spends on her homework?

Why does it matter how long she spends on her homework?
    It doesn't really matter how long she spends doing her homework, sometimes I just see it as an excuse, I just find it difficult to convince myself that it takes an individual over 12 hours or more for a single bit of homework.

It doesn't matter now anyway, I've already figured out what I'm going to do.

ReputationRep:
    In your first post, you say that if you don't make conversation, you wouldn't [both] talk at all". That gives me the impression that you're talking for the sake of talking in order to fill the silence between you?

I would only speak when you need to and have something to share that concerns her or is perhaps funny and amusing rather than for sake of dialogue? Not that I'm suggesting your not interesting or funny.

Also allow time for yourself and space. It might feel overbearing to her so perhaps at times don't make conversation. I'm sure she will start conversations when she is ready too and has something she wants to say.

It takes two to tango...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.