Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you eat human meat if they sold it in the shops? watch

ReputationRep:
    Beyond the ethics cannibalism or even eating other primates is just a bad idea healthwose, you'd get whatever diseases and parasites they had really easily. On top of that they'd have all sorts of medication in them most likeley, especially if they were old... Sounds like a rrecipe for your own death to me.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know how my human was raised first. I wouldn't eat old people either I don't think.

Genuinely think I would try it depends on the human.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I'd want to try it but what about placenta? People eat that anyway and as long as it was freely donated would that be a problem? The biggest problem I could see is that it would likely needed testing and that could be prohibitive financially.

ReputationRep:
    I personally would like the meat of humans, like lamb is to sheep.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Only joking. Some of the replies on here are funny xD
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hell no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folion)
    Don't think I'd want to try it but what about placenta? People eat that anyway and as long as it was freely donated would that be a problem? The biggest problem I could see is that it would likely needed testing and that could be prohibitive financially.
    So it's ethical to eat placenta but not use it for stem cells ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Girls like the meat :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'd try it out of morbid curiosity, to see what it tastes like (apparently like a cross between veal and pork but much sweeter), but that's it.

What better way to celebrate the life of an animal (humans included), than by eating it? I'd probably eat a human if (and only if) it had died naturally, and if it would be a safe and healthy thing to eat.

I'm a bit clueless as to the nutritive quality of human meat, though, so you'll have to forgive me. It's not something I've endeavoured to bone up on, in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    not a bad idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    So it's ethical to eat placenta but not use it for stem cells ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps it's the stem cell thing that some people find questionable rather than the actual donation as people do donate things like organs and body parts alive and dead. For the record I've no particular opinion on stem cells.

Usually the person consuming the placenta is the person who owns it and in the context of the OP it would still seem a bit weird however it isn't generally viewed as cannibalism. Mainly with the placenta thing the donor isn't dead.

Here's another thing to make people spew over their cornflakes what about the fat that sucked out of folks from liposuction? Actually I'm feeling nauseous at that thought myself. :puke:

Breast milk, there's another one.

ReputationRep:
    The strongest case against cannibalism is a version of mad cow disease or Creutzfeld-Jacob disease known as kuru to the Fore people of Papua New Guinea. If you absolutely must eat a body part, you may want to avoid the brain, spinal cord, bone marrow, and small intestine, which are the ones most likely to be infected.

ReputationRep:
    they always serve nan at our local tandoori

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys ever smelt a burning human body or charred body? It does not smell like BBQ chicken trust me you'd vomit alone from the smell of the human meat being cooked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One could probably prepare it so that those parts of the body that release a horrible smell don't get cooked. Human flesh isn't really that different from the flesh of a pig, and we seem to do all right with cooking pigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    The strongest case against cannibalism is a version of mad cow disease or Creutzfeld-Jacob disease known as kuru to the Fore people of Papua New Guinea. If you absolutely must eat a body part, you may want to avoid the brain, spinal cord, bone marrow, and small intestine, which are the ones most likely to be infected.
    Prions are not your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    they always serve nan at our local tandoori
    And Popa Dum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    And Popa Dum!
    and Shepherd's Pie :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys ever smelt a burning human body or charred body? It does not smell like BBQ chicken trust me you'd vomit alone from the smell of the human meat being cooked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you burn any meat it's not going to smell nice. It didn't smell that nice when they were burning all those cows after the BSE thing.

There's a difference between burning and cooking!

With regards to the original question, seriously don't know. I'd like to think I'd try anything once but honestly don't know about this one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    and Shepherd's Pie :eek:
    Not to mention Spotted ****.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I had to, and I can't imagine any realistic sscenario where the only food available is human meat in shops

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.