Child of Light
    Luftrausers
    Danganronpa
    (and its sequel)
    OlliOlli
    Tales of Hearts R

That should be plenty to get you started. :yep:
    *cracks knuckles* OKAY LET'S TACKLE THIS
    I've played P4 on the PS2 (hands down favourite JRPG ever) and have also played the first Danganronpa (feelings, so many of them.). I've got Child of Light for the PC and Virtue's Last Reward is on 3DS - I'll get it eventually, since I loved 999! I've heard so many amazing things about Tearaway and the Uncharted series though - and haven't heard of the rest of the games but you can bet I'm going to be looking into them. You might have just convinced me to save up for a Vita!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    *cracks knuckles* OKAY LET'S TACKLE THIS
    I've played P4 on the PS2 (hands down favourite JRPG ever) and have also played the first Danganronpa (feelings, so many of them.). I've got Child of Light for the PC and Virtue's Last Reward is on 3DS - I'll get it eventually, since I loved 999! I've heard so many amazing things about Tearaway and the Uncharted series though - and haven't heard of the rest of the games but you can bet I'm going to be looking into them. You might have just convinced me to save up for a Vita!
    That was the plan :awesome:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I can feel myself slowly caving. I need a gaming new console fix. But do I upgrade my 3DS, get a Vita or take the plunge for a PS4 :eek:
    If it's a choice of only one of the three, don't upgrade from a 3DS XL to a New 3DS (or New 3DS XL) - you'll get significantly more benefit from a totalling new console IMO. If you've just got a standard 3DS or a 2DS, though, the change will be more significant so worth considering.

(Though ere I'll admit to a little hypocrisy, as I couldn't resist getting the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL...)

My vote personally would go to a PS4. If you have a 3DS already, getting a second handheld console in the form of a Vita is less of a compelling argument - though as above, you will still get a significant expansion of the scope of games that you can be exposed to. By comparison, assuming that you don't have an Xbox One, a PS4 will open you up to a whole new generation of games and have the greatest longevity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hey everyone,

I've been out of the gaming loop a little bit. I really want to play a good platformer game like Mario on the 3DS. I've played most of them except for anything released in 2014/15. Were there any good platformers released recently?

Or are there any good action / platformers on Vita or iPad?

Jack
    Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are the best 2D platformers I've played in a long time. They're both available on Vita, not sure about 3DS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicGoat)
    Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are the best 2D platformers I've played in a long time. They're both available on Vita, not sure about 3DS
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Ray...dp/B006UCJ9RM/

Rayman Legends didn't get a 3DS release, though - and yes, they're both *superb*!

ReputationRep:
    Majora's mask 3d is AMAZING there's so many improvements! It is very weird, in a good way though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 18, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.