Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Aye, because smoking in public places is annoying and I don't care if they're smoking pot, ****, these e-****, or their old socks. Swapping one addiction with another is not a real solution and I don't think we should help fund this creative business model.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Abstain. Still not convinced with the argument that E-Cigs are as detrimental to your health as your typical cigarette (California, who just deemed them a health threat, did state they aren't as harmful as normal ones but they're not harmless), but I'd agree that we shouldn't actively promote them for health benefits without having conducted more thorough research.

As an interesting side note, whilst I understand you don't need to always follow the RL party line, this bill does seem to go against policy (unless I'm missing something).

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am concerned I believe that the E-cigarettes are very helpful for those that are trying to give up smoking and also stops some people from starting smoking in the first place, I can't trust any of the research which says otherwise and there is a lot more research saying it is better from more reputable sources. Also, I don't think we should be banning the advertisement of any legal products in the first place and I definitely don't want this to be a step towards increasing the tax on such things.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    This is in cessation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Division! Clear the Lobbies!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.