Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    MONDAY 30TH MARCH UPDATE:

Ahhhhh! Its 6 weeks until exams
    After the easter holidays I will be sitting mocks for Core 2 Maths, Unit 2 Chemistry and Decision Maths, plus my art exam during the first week.
    Over these two weeks my aim is to get back on track and do lots of past papers, over Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday my aim is to do Art Coursework/ Exam work as this has to be in when we get back, then in the evenings I will do revision for my other subjects.
    The second week I want to focus completely on my other 3 subjects Maths, Chemistry and Physics as these subjects are more important to me (and I will hopefully drop art in year 13!!). I'm going to start off with revision of bits that I'm really rubbish at for example in decision maths, linear programming is something I've never been good at, and then complete a past paper, analyse it, print off the examiners report etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantellerose)
    Hello!

I am a 16 year old studying Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Art at a AS Level with a dream to become an Animator, but before that get some amazing AS grades!

My current grades (based on my recent mocks):
    - Physics - E
    - Maths (Core) - U, a grand total of 9/63 (well done chantelle )
    - Maths (Decision) - U
    - Chemistry - U, another grand total of 11/80
    - Art - D/E

Unfortunately they're not great grades but now I know I need to improve my revision techniques in order to do better!

My goals:
    As a mentioned earlier my aspiration is to become an Animator, when I started researching a few years ago universities the top one appears to be Bournemouth University, so I wish to study Computer Visualisation and Animation (mouthful I know!). I do have more universities but Bournemouth is my main goal, however this does mean some top grades...

Physics - A
    Maths - A
    Art - B
    Chemistry - C (I'm looking to drop this next year)

Right now this may seem impossible and I have been told by some of my teachers that it's an impossible goal in terms of my grades.

However I believe that nothing is impossible and "if your dreams don't scare you they aren't big enough"

So here goes to my journey through AS Levels and good luck to everyone else whatever your goals!

I did the exact same AS's as you! good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emu_neutrino)
    I did the exact same AS's as you! good luck!!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    THURSDAY 23RD APRIL UPDATE:
    It's been a while since I posted! I think its definitely fair to say exam stress is getting to me with my first exam in just over 2 weeks!!
    I've been doing some past papers and my marks a slowly improving however i'm still at a U grade in some subjects :mad:

My chemistry coursework is currently 28/40 (which i think is 1 mark off a C) and I've just re done a few practicals to try and boost my marks! I'm taking a unit 2 mock on monday so i've been doing lots of past papers to prepare for that.

I take a Core 2 maths mock and a decision mock the other day and I got a U in the C2 one, I did really well in questions that I had practiced but lost marks in ones that I hadn't, so something to work on there! If anyone has any advice for maths questions/ revision please share! Core 1 is my first maths exam

ReputationRep:
    THURSDAY 23RD APRIL UPDATE:
    It's been a while since I posted! I think its definitely fair to say exam stress is getting to me with my first exam in just over 2 weeks!!
    I've been doing some past papers and my marks a slowly improving however i'm still at a U grade in some subjects :mad:

My chemistry coursework is currently 28/40 (which i think is 1 mark off a C) and I've just re done a few practicals to try and boost my marks! I'm taking a unit 2 mock on monday so i've been doing lots of past papers to prepare for that.

I take a Core 2 maths mock and a decision mock the other day and I got a U in the C2 one, I did really well in questions that I had practiced but lost marks in ones that I hadn't, so something to work on there! If anyone has any advice for maths questions/ revision please share! Core 1 is my first maths exam
    What exactly are you stuck on in C2? I could message you or something on how to do things. For repeating questions on the topics go for the textbook or online past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruitbasket786)
    What exactly are you stuck on in C2? I could message you or something on how to do things. For repeating questions on the topics go for the textbook or online past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm stuck on trig functions and sequences

ReputationRep:
    THURSDAY 30TH APRIL UPDATE:

Its now just over a week until my first exam

I've been doing lots of past papers for Maths and Unit 2 chemistry, in one of my practice papers in Maths I got 42/75 which was 2 marks off a D grade so definitely an improvement. My marks in Unit 2 chemistry seem to vary a fair bit, the highest I've had is 40/80 which was a U . I'm still trying to improve my marks more, any suggestions?
    I've done two Mechanics papers for physics and I got a D in the one I did at home and in the one at school so things are definitely starting to improve However I would still like to do better in the real exam!

ReputationRep:
    I've become really attached to this post and I really really want you to do well!
    Keep doing past papers over and over as with some boards -especially OCR which you may not even do- have a habit of repeating questions or using newer versions of old questions!

I really hope you get better than Us as you're clearly quite conscientious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDHOrchard)
    I've become really attached to this post and I really really want you to do well!
    Keep doing past papers over and over as with some boards -especially OCR which you may not even do- have a habit of repeating questions or using newer versions of old questions!

I really hope you get better than Us as you're clearly quite conscientious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!
    I have OCR for Physics I would really love to get 3 Bs (a bit ambitious I know) and i don't really mind what I get in art now! My marks are improving and my teachers have said that i'm improving but unfortunately you need high marks just to get an E, however I've been told once you get there it isn't too difficult to work up the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Just keep working your absolute hardest and I promise you'll be ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SUNDAY 10TH MAY UPDATE:

My first exam is on Wednesday, Core 1 maths, and i'm doing lots of past papers to try and improve my marks (which at last it is slowly improving ), any other suggestions and what I should be doing in these few final days of revision?

As of monday I am on study leave so I can put my full attention on my exams, next week I have Physics: Mechanics, Unit 1 chemistry and core 2 maths, I'm going to plan a revision timetable so that I make sure I get enough time in for them all

Any other tips for my subjects would be greatly appreciated, something I'm definitely struggling with in chemistry is mechanisms and in physics the young modulus!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I like your determination.

ReputationRep:
    SUNDAY 10TH MAY UPDATE:

My first exam is on Wednesday, Core 1 maths, and i'm doing lots of past papers to try and improve my marks (which at last it is slowly improving ), any other suggestions and what I should be doing in these few final days of revision?

As of monday I am on study leave so I can put my full attention on my exams, next week I have Physics: Mechanics, Unit 1 chemistry and core 2 maths, I'm going to plan a revision timetable so that I make sure I get enough time in for them all

Any other tips for my subjects would be greatly appreciated, something I'm definitely struggling with in chemistry is mechanisms and in physics the young modulus!
    Maths: Use Examsolutions, he makes video tutorials for every topic & every question in exam papers.

Chemistry, Physics: Go through the specification & actually understand the content. Revise a topic, do questions on it. Then do exam past papers & make model answers

ReputationRep:
    SUNDAY 24TH MAY UPDATE:

Its now half term and 5/8 of my exams are over, which means 3 more to go!!! My exams finish on the 9th June and then I'm back at school the next day to start learning A2 (oh the joys of a-levels).
    So far I've had:
    Art
    Core 1 Maths
    Physics: Mechanics
    Core 2 Maths
    Unit 1 Chemistry

so after half term I will have:
    Unit 2 Chemistry
    Physics: Electrons, waves and photons
    Decision Maths

I will definitely be relieved once they're all over!!!

Submit reply
Updated: May 24, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.