The Student Room Group

i saw a 30 year old on tsr the other day????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by damoni
amazing. :0

if you were born in the eighties, you'd be in your thirties or late twenties :smile:

do you mind sharing what historic years like 2000 were like?

The hairstyles and fashion was awful, but the music was so, so, so good.

9/11 was pretty much the worst thing, 7/7 was mild in comparison.

2000 was such a good year, then terrorism and the governments response has ruined the world. Oh and you could make a cup of tea in the time it took this page to load over the internet. It would take you a week to download a song and if your mom picked the phone up at the wrong time you'd have to restart the download. But in general before 9/11 the world was a happy place and then people started realising the downside to neo-liberalism.. but then it was too late.
Reply 21
Original post by Josb
I look like someone born in the eighties.:frown:

:console:

I presume that at least that means you don't have to carry ID around with you everywhere if you want to buy alcohol?

Also worth pointing out to OP that people born in the second half of the 80s will still be in their 20s.
Reply 22
Original post by damoni
well, tbf it was a long time ago....

it could be worse, you could've been born in the 70s .

I was born in the 1970s.
Reply 23
Original post by Clip
I was born in the 1970s.

oh ****

Original post by Izzyeviel
The hairstyles and fashion was awful, but the music was so, so, so good.

9/11 was pretty much the worst thing, 7/7 was mild in comparison.

2000 was such a good year, then terrorism and the governments response has ruined the world. Oh and you could make a cup of tea in the time it took this page to load over the internet. It would take you a week to download a song and if your mom picked the phone up at the wrong time you'd have to restart the download. But in general before 9/11 the world was a happy place and then people started realising the downside to neo-liberalism.. but then it was too late.

im guessing you guys have some stories worth telling - fair play
Reply 24
Original post by Aula
:console:

I presume that at least that means you don't have to carry ID around with you everywhere if you want to buy alcohol?

Also worth pointing out to OP that people born in the second half of the 80s will still be in their 20s.

Yeah I can buy more alcohol that these little brats. :biggrin:

Original post by damoni
X
Original post by damoni
oh ****

im guessing you guys have some stories worth telling - fair play

Let me put it like this, You listen to Miley Cyrus on the radio, I listened to Billy Ray Cyrus :cool:
Reply 26
Original post by damoni
oh ****

Worse things happen at sea.
Reply 27
Original post by Josb
Yeah I can buy more alcohol that these little brats. :biggrin:

:mmm: I meant me!

I don't actually buy alcohol very often, but the last time I did, I was looked at very suspiciously by the lady behind the till. Not sure she believed it was mine at first... (And she then told me I looked about 17 - which since I'm 26, I found very funny)
Reply 28
Original post by Aula
:mmm: I meant me!

I don't actually buy alcohol very often, but the last time I did, I was looked at very suspiciously by the lady behind the till. Not sure she believed it was mine at first... (And she then told me I looked about 17 - which since I'm 26, I found very funny)

:biggrin:
Well, you will look 25 at 40. :cool:
Reply 29
Original post by Izzyeviel
Let me put it like this, You listen to Miley Cyrus on the radio, I listened to Billy Ray Cyrus :cool:

that's her dad i'm guessing?
Reply 30

That was fun. :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Clip
Worse things happen at sea.

you were in the navy? :eek:
Reply 32
i'm guessing some of you may even have children, blimey
Reply 33
Original post by Josb
:biggrin:
Well, you will look 25 at 40. :cool:

Haha, that's the plan!
Reply 34
Original post by damoni
you were in the navy? :eek:

Just....no.

Anyhow - what do you think is the bigger surprise - a 30 year old on TSR, or a 30 year old at university?
Reply 35

I still have it.

"This game is so awesome man! Look how beautiful it is! It's 3D, can you believe that?"

Well... :rolleyes:
Reply 36
Original post by Clip
Just....no.

Anyhow - what do you think is the bigger surprise - a 30 year old on TSR, or a 30 year old at university?

if I saw one at university, i'd assume they're one of the professors, I have to admit, but I don't find either weird, just a bit surprised that's all.
Reply 37
Original post by damoni
if I saw one at university, i'd assume they're one of the professors, I have to admit, but I don't find either weird, just a bit surprised that's all.

Is there a social lesson in this thread, or is this one interest-only?
Reply 38
You do realise that there are mature students that study haha. I've seen a few around my uni and they are chill. People make out like 30 is old but it's really not.
Reply 39
Original post by Clip
Is there a social lesson in this thread, or is this one interest-only?

wouldn't you say there are lessons to be learned all around us?

Quick Reply

Latest