Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100 days until the election... name 100 reasons to vote! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    That wasn't my point... my point was that if no one is fighting your corner they will find new ways to mess with your lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Labour said they'd reduce uni fees didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamespaine)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Labour said they'd reduce uni fees didn't they?
    Sighhh it would be lovely if they could...

"Ed Miliband told Labour's conference in the autumn of 2011 that he would cut student fees by a third if the party was in power then. But it has never been a manifesto commitment."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30976509

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Sighhh it would be lovely if they could...

"Ed Miliband told Labour's conference in the autumn of 2011 that he would cut student fees by a third if the party was in power then. But it has never been a manifesto commitment."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30976509
    I'm hardly Labour but they're much better than anything that the Tories can offer!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think that we need true change in the way that the UK is run. However, this change isn't going to happen by May, so I suggest the following:

* Go through the party manifestos when they are available. You need to know what you're voting for.
    * Contact your local Councillors, your MP and your local candidates. Ask questions. Make suggestions. See how they respond. Are they willing to engage with you, or do they brush you off and talk in rehashed soundbites?
    * Make your decision on who to vote for based on your findings.
    * Vote, so that the party that best represents you stands a chance.
    * See how well your party of choice lives up to its promises. Contact them again if they don't live up to your expectations. See how open they are to change.

To truly effect change, to truly be listened to, people need to show that they want to be heard. Right now, we live in a minimal democracy, and it could really do with being more democratic. The right to vote is only a part of that, but it's a valuable part that should be used.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Spoiling a ballot is entirely an individual experience and what you draw is your own business :lol:
    I imagine the people counting must have one of the dullest jobs ever. At least try and lighten up their day with something funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    I imagine the people counting must have one of the dullest jobs ever. At least try and lighten up their day with something funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you think of any creative and funny ways to spoil a ballot?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Riddle? Or maybe more of a picture riddle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I attended the locals on behalf of the Tories (all parties send people to get a guide on how they are doing as counting is underway - did it through CF) and there were a number of amusing replies. Some wrote detailed paragraphs on why, others drew and others just short statements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.