Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please critique my workout plan Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rurounikenji)
    But isn't 5/3/1 more of a strength based programme rather than a muscle building programme? i'm looking to gain mostly muscle but with some strength. prime focus is on building muscle. My position is kinda tricky to explain. i wouldn't say i am a beginner as i went gym for a year.
    You won't really gain much size on 5/3/1, for best results you want to be doing 8-12 reps with nice strict form in order to gain muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    You won't really gain much size on 5/3/1, for best results you want to be doing 8-12 reps with nice strict form in order to gain muscle.
    Yeah, hats the thing. I want to build mucsle. Hence why i was asking if i should follow all the exercises, omar mentions in his anatomy videos. Obv, i can't do all of them but i could do some. Just don't know how many to do for each part of the body section as mentioned in his video.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    But isn't 5/3/1 more of a strength based programme rather than a muscle building programme? i'm looking to gain mostly muscle but with some strength. prime focus is on building muscle. My position is kinda tricky to explain. i wouldn't say i am a beginner as i went gym for a year.
    For the natural, for the most part strength and size are directly linked

Scoobie pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    For the natural, for the most part strength and size are directly linked

Scoobie pls
    I prob sound very picky but i just want something a lot of variety (not in the sense, crap loads of exercises).

Is this any good? For someone in my position - obv taking into account reps and sets. (beginner but not so much anymore , stage)
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4focnAeUDY

or any scott herman workout vids on youtube,. good enough?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    I prob sound very picky but i just want something a lot of variety (not in the sense, crap loads of exercises).

Is this any good? For someone in my position (beginner but not so much anymore , stage)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4focnAeUDY
    To be honest, you seem to know what you want to do. Do whatever you want to do tbh.

I've said all I can.

I don't like Chris Jones or his channels or content.

ReputationRep:

Is this any good? For someone in my position - obv taking into account reps and sets. (beginner but not so much anymore , stage)
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4focnAeUDY

or any scott herman workout vids on youtube,. good enough?
    I would recommend Layne Norton's PHAT. It is written by a professional natural bodybuilder who has a PhD. It gives the optimum balance between strength and feeling the muscles work for maximal hypertrophy. It us also varied for maximal muscle confusion in order to stop you hitting a plateau.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by illusionz)
    I would recommend Layne Norton's PHAT. It is written by a professional natural bodybuilder who has a PhD. It gives the optimum balance between strength and feeling the muscles work for maximal hypertrophy. It us also varied for maximal muscle confusion in order to stop you hitting a plateau.
    Illusionz

Pls

ReputationRep:
    Westside for Skinny *******s?

I think it's ****, if westside methods have a place in raw lifting it's not with noobs/early intermediates but you'd probably like it OP, it has planned gym ADHD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Illusionz

Pls
    He has a PhD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    He has a PhD!
    He lifts too, unlike Cucumber.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    starting strength and gomad

trust me

ReputationRep:
    What are you going to do for inner and outer chest though? Don't neglect them or you'll develop an unbalanced physique.
    That's obvious innit, squeeze on contraction for inner chest gains.

Not srs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.