Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone 'grown out of' travel sickness? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I used to vomit after being in the car for just over an hour and buses were my worst nightmare because I felt pretty sick after 20 mins.

I then tried kweele tablets I think they were called which took amazing effect and then slowly I never had to take them on journies anymore and it's really easy for me to sit 3 hours in a car or a bus without feeling sick.

What I suggest is not looking down at your phone on a vehicle and keeping your head up, listen to music, or sleep on someone's shoulder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    You only feel sick, if you look out of the vehicle.

my best advice is sleep on long journeys and make yourself busy on shorter ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's subjective imo.

even though the motion of the car does affect me, it doesn't affect me half as much as the scent present in the vehicle does.

I find that if there is a small space and quite a strong smell, I get sick quickly and easily. however if the car is spacious and there is a lot of room, the smell doesn't seem to narrow in on me as much.

this may have something to do with my acute claustrophobia though. I don't like having my breathing restricted in any way, or being in extremely tight spaces. I think this has a little to do with something I experienced as a child as I got stuck in a really old and rusty lift, between floors, for like an hour in total darkness. after a while I felt like I was running out of air.

I have suffered from travel sickness ever since I can remember. I'm 18 now and it doesn't seem to be going away. I have tried so many things, from travel sickness medicine to different activities during my journey. But even if it's just 15 minutes, I STILL manage to get sick and want to throw up.

I don't think it's possible to avoid it somehow or 'cure' it. Although my mum always said it changes when you become a driver yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.