Turn on thread page Beta

How can we learn to stop making everything about race? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I don't appreciate what you said about black women at all if you like Mexicans that's your choice but you don't have to throw black people under the bus. I'm not saying college enrolment means achievement but what I'm saying is that you can use statistics to justify your own opinion. When they test IQ they are people who have different socio economic background so how can you compare them? The IQ test should only be done between people who have had the same education and upbringing otherwise it is unfair. Black communities under achieve for a number of reasons racism is one but also the socialization of Black people is a major factor I highly doubt you've studied this so you should before you want to judge black people.
    Now your just being insulting.

I did not reason backwards to suit my position, that's actually what you did. And why I was so easily able to point out it was wrong.
    I am noticing a contributing factor to the high crime rate of black areas. Forwarding the idea other demographics are to blame for the high crime rate or IQ difference is self defeating to African Americans who believe you and insulting to everyone else.

The willingness which you would help strip a demographic of self determination is absolutely abhorrent.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    I'm mixed (half black, half white) and not middle class but that doesn't mean I'm poor either. Perhaps you've never seen a poor black person but you can't deny they exist.
    It isn't so much that I deny they exist, I'm just pointing out here in Aberdeen we are disproportionately more wealthy than even some of the locals.

I'm essentially saying people shouldn't generalise about a demographic when there are exceptions and other variables in play.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by JohnCrichton89)
    The argument that black communities are 'oppressed' and that this high crime rate and low economic/scientific output is the result is simply not the case. It's the same in practically every black community across the world.

It should be expected with an average IQ one standard deviation below most other demographics in America, except for Mexicans........... who have similar if not worse statistics regarding this matter. But at least Mexicans make awesome food and sexy women.
    Don't even start with this IQ bull****.

I'm black, my IQ is 140 - woah, I'm some kind of anomaly!

IQ is not a scientifically reliable test, it doesn't test innate intelligence. All it does is reaffirm the fact that people with richer parents/a better upbringing are capable of this way of 'thinking'. Black people are, on average, as stupid or as smart as the general populous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Don't even start with this IQ bull****.

I'm black, my IQ is 140 - woah, I'm some kind of anomaly!

IQ is not a scientifically reliable test, it doesn't test innate intelligence. All it does is reaffirm the fact that people with richer parents/a better upbringing are capable of this way of 'thinking'. Black people are, on average, as stupid or as smart as the general populous.
    They simply aren't, each race is unique in this regard and many others. The idea that IQ doesn't matter is a false, you having an IQ of 140 is quite an anomaly.

The over generalisation that we are all the same irrespective of skin colour is also a complete lie, the skin is the largest organ in the body and the differences simply are more than skin deep.

EDIT; you're also really defensive, I would think that you are deducing that I am inferring racial superiority or inferiority. I am not.

You claim in another post we shouldn't generalise, then immediately stick every race into one category.
    Generalisations are important for a number of reasons, with an IQ of 140 I'm sure you can deduce that in order to deal with the IQ disparity we first have to recognise it.

ReputationRep:
    The argument that black communities are 'oppressed' and that this high crime rate and low economic/scientific output is the result is simply not the case. It's the same in practically every black community across the world.

It should be expected with an average IQ one standard deviation below most other demographics in America, except for Mexicans........... who have similar if not worse statistics regarding this matter. But at least Mexicans make awesome food and sexy women.
    Nobody ever said blacks are oppressed

ReputationRep:
    If you consider that most high paying management work is somewhat reserved for people with an IQ of 120+, which is widely accepted as the lower boundary, and reconcile with the bell curve of African Americans IQ you see that well paying jobs are shut off to them.

That's were Affirmative Action comes in, whereby companies are forced to hire an under qualified black man.......
    Many demographics have went to America and thrived academically, and they started with nothing more than (if not less than) the African Americans of today and yesteryear. Stop blaming everyone else for their underachieving and crime rate.
    nobody is blaming everyone else for the fact that some blacks are underachievers. My point is that just because of a few bad eggs we should not write of the whole basket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    I can assure you that this is because of their position in society. Racism in America was still happening in the 60s, That's what- 55 years ago? Not that long ago mate. You are saying that black people are intellectually inferior to whites which is total non sence. It has every single thing in the world to do with inequality. Go and compare the average IQS of African Americans living in middle class white suburbs and compare them to African Americans living in the "Ghettoes". You'll obviously see the difference- this is also the case with white people. What you are trying to say is essentially that whites are intellecutally superior to blacks, which you back up with an IQ test that does not take enviromental factors in account. Flawed argument.
    Good point

ReputationRep:
    Also true
    (Original post by ParasiteRex)
    What about the Japanese imprisoned and systematically oppressed during wartime USA, or the Chinese systematically oppressed in America before that, or the Indians systematically oppressed by a systematically oppressive caste system enforced by an oppressively systematic British colonial empire, and I'm pretty sure the Jews haven't had a smooth modern history yet a disproportionate number fall into a high income bracket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Also true
    I responded to it previously.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody ever said blacks are oppressed
    Yes they have, selective reading on your part.

ReputationRep:
    nobody is blaming everyone else for the fact that some blacks are underachievers. My point is that just because of a few bad eggs we should not write of the whole basket
    It's not a 'few' bad eggs, the crime rate in black communities is undeniably higher than almost every other area.......... to deny there is correlation is bias on your part.

Race is simply a large factor.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a 'few' bad eggs, the crime rate in black communities is undeniably higher than almost every other area.......... to deny there is correlation is bias on your part.

Do you honestly believe socio-economical problems play a lower part in crime rates in comparison to race?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Has any one ever told you that correlation does not always equal causation?

It seems you are completely missing the myriad of other factors involved when assessing how these "statistics" come about.

You remind me of numerous other racists that use "statistics" to further their agenda, even though they lack the perspective - you have no idea the magnitude of oppression and discrimination African Americans experience on a whole because you aren't one..

Biologically speaking what we determine as a "race" is completely inaccurate - the differences between ethnicities isn't so large as to completely warrant another race. If you disagree, you are only showcasing ignorance.

So, could you please tell me why, when environmental factors are equal, some black communities achieve more than there white counterparts? Could you please explain how the melanin in my skin and my slightly different skeletal structure affect my ability to be intelligent?

I didn't reply to your last post because I felt there was no point, you are just a schmuck coming on here claiming statistics that don't take into account factors beyond ethnicity.

Please, take your agenda elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Do you honestly believe socio-economical problems play a lower part in crime rates in comparison to race?
    Do you simply believe race doesn't play a part in the socio-economical problems also ?

We can correlate this problem with African communities in all countries across the globe, your point earlier, that Africans living outside of their own communities lends itself to the idea.

Whilst I am not suggesting African Americans aren't capable, and I agree it's more to do that nurture over nature.......... left to their own devices the outcome is predictable.

African Americans need to become self sufficient in this regard, they need to find what works for them regarding education and crime prevention. What has been institutionalised in America and every white built civilization are social infrastructures designed around a different race, it's understandable that African American communities don't get the same benefit from it without removing themselves almost entirely from African influence/neighbourhoods.
    Any-more than I would thrive in any African communities without adapting their social learning/teaching to suit my own natural abilities.

If there is oppression, it's that African Americans pay good tax money for societal infrastructures that don't give them the same opportunities as other demographics.
    There is no obvious solution to this.

ReputationRep:

You remind me of numerous other racists that use "statistics" to further their agenda, even though they lack the perspective -
    Biologically speaking what we determine as a "race" is completely inaccurate - the differences between ethnicities isn't so large as to completely warrant another race. If you disagree, you are only showcasing ignorance.

So, could you please tell me why, when environmental factors are equal, some black communities achieve more than there white counterparts? Could you please explain how the melanin in my skin and my slightly different skeletal structure affect my ability to be intelligent?

I didn't reply to your last post because I felt there was no point, you are just a schmuck coming on here claiming statistics that don't take into account factors beyond ethnicity.

Please, take your agenda elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, calling me a racist and other such names...... really showed me Mr.IQ140.

I will finish on this. And I could write for days on how childlike your understanding of race and ethnicity is, calling me ignorant. HA !
    Food for thought.

Whilst it's true the differences in races, genetically speaking, are somewhat non-existent from a certain view point. That is to say there will be greater variations within some 'racial demographics' than between.

To give an example, within 15% of the worlds population the gene expression of the other 85% will exist and can be expressed to some degree, a white couple can have a black baby for example. There was even a case a few months back here in the UK.

Being said, the actual gene expression taken in context is correlated within racial groups. White couples will not have black babies all to often could be a pretty accurate generalisation one would make.
    On this we can make other pretty accurate generalisations based on appearance, including skin colour and facial features etc. also helps make predictions more accurate
    These generalisations can include possible genetic predisposition to diseases and infections, to IQ and crime and scientific output. and so on

To suggest race has no taxonomic meaning........ can you prove that you have an IQ of 140?
    Because I'm beginning to doubt it. Also take my agenda else where, you don't like what I have to say so you call me names and tell me to leave, again, show everybody your true colours MR.140. Cause your only making yourself look bad.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

I will finish on this. And I could write for days on how childlike your understanding of race and ethnicity is, calling me ignorant. HA !
    Food for thought.

Whilst it's true the differences in races, genetically speaking, are somewhat non-existent from a certain view point. That is to say there will be greater variations within some 'racial demographics' than between.

To give an example, within 15% of the worlds population the gene expression of the other 85% will exist and can be expressed to some degree, a white couple can have a black baby for example. There was even a case a few months back here in the UK.

Being said, the actual gene expression taken in context is correlated between groups. White couples will not have black babies all to often.
    On this we can make pretty accurate generalisations based on appearance, including skin colour and facial features etc.
    These generalisations can include possible genetic predisposition to diseases and infections, to IQ and crime and scientific output. and so on

To suggest race has no taxonomic meaning........ can you prove that you have an IQ of 140 ?
    Because I'm beginning to doubt it.
    Likewise, for questioning my intelligence!

I understand that, anyone who's read some basic biology would - it's not rocket science dear

You missed the point of my post, I am saying, you as a single data point in a pool of 7 billion people cannot accurately make generalisations and claims without taking into account all the possible factors: e.g. upbringing, social pressures, lack of access to quality education.

Humans are complex creatures, there isn't one variable (race) that defines us, we are a the product of our environment - not some arbitrary "study". So, in the grand scheme of things, looking at how 'race' correlates with someone's innate ability is completely futile.

Awesome, I can see you are very passionate about the effects of race on a persons life - fantastic! It's just, the correlation you seek is so insignificant - a lot of people are affected more by their environment than by their superficial physical qualities (intelligence and disabilities are key exceptions here).

I don't need to provide proof of my IQ, thanks for asking though!

EDIT: Alright, I'll refrain from any ad-hominems, that was a clear fault on my part.

ReputationRep:
    Likewise, for questioning my intelligence!

I understand that, anyone who's read some basic biology would - it's not rocket science dear

You missed the point of my post, I am saying, you as a single data point in a pool of 7 billion people cannot accurately make generalisations and claims without taking into account all the possible factors: e.g. upbringing, social pressures, lack of access to quality education.

Humans are complex creatures, there isn't one variable (race) that defines us, we are a the product of our environment - not some arbitrary "study". So, in the grand scheme of things, looking at how 'race' correlates with someone's innate ability is completely futile.

Awesome, I can see you are very passionate about the effects of race on a persons life - fantastic! It's just, the correlation you seek is so insignificant - a lot of people are affected more by their environment than by their superficial physical qualities (intelligence and disabilities are key exceptions here).

I don't need to provide proof of my IQ, thanks for asking though!

EDIT: Alright, I'll refrain from any ad-hominems, that was a clear fault on my part.
    I'm not generalising 7 billion.

But you must accept race as a factor, one that will play a part in all others. It is simply the biggest factor, to my mind. This is not backhanded apologetics for race superiority as you keep inferring, I have never said one race is better than the other. Just that they are different.

Generalisations have to be made about racial demographics if you want to help the majority. We can sub categorise as much as possible, but as it stands, black people tend to have to remove themselves from black culture and black communities in order to achieve.

African American, Latino American, Somali American communities all suffer from a failure to thrive in academia which in turn creates the conditions people use to avoid mentioning race. Because they are afraid someone like you is going to come out and cry racism.

Infrastructures need to be put in place to help insure these communities are getting the same chance at maximising their chances at academia, which have to be catered around generalisations about their race. Because they are capable of achieving just as much as any other demographic.

The problem should now be apparent as to why there is no obvious solution, different education systems means different classrooms or different schools....... the beginning of apartheid states. Not a very nice picture.

But then it's not much different that what we have in many parts of any country. Other demographics simply move away and we have an unofficial apartheid.

ReputationRep:
    Recently I saw a headline about a 16 year old 9th grader who attacked his elderly teacher over the fact that the teacher seized his phone. I clicked on the story going in to read it with no assumptions whatsoever. I read through it about how the student knocked the guy to ground and all I could think about was the fact that our education system has gone to **** and the morality level of young adults and kids are at an all time low.

Going further down to the comments, most of them were talking about the fact that they knew, even before they clicked on the story that the boy was black. I was beyond exasperated. The race issue is a very sensitive subject. Why does everything have to be about race? Why couldn't the comments focus on the fact that what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it? Some of them talked about poor upbringing and some linked poor upbringing to mainly the black community.

Yes the black community has some issues they have to deal with within themselves. We are becoming something of a nuisance to the world today. With our downfall in always blaming everything thing on racial discrimination instead of taking responsibility. Some of the comments even stated that this is the part Al Sharpton doesn't want the world to see but if it is a white on black they would cry foul and I agreed. During the Michael brown, Antonio, Eric case scenario I was beyond pissed with blacks. They did not want to hear the full story and even when evidence came out saying some witnesses statements were false they refused to back down. Especially with the Brown case where even today i don't think we know the full story.

Even with all that, my point is why do we stereotype races and make assumptions? Some of the comments were even giving statistics about how blacks make 10% of the population but have been proven to commit 47% of crimes. If that is a fact that then well like I stated before the black community needs to put a leash on the new generation and tell them to sit up. But if we are going to make assumptions then the next time a white guy walks into the cinema or my little cousins nursery school I should brace myself and start to make assumptions.
    OK. So what are you going to do about white supremaccy ?

Because all I see here is you being scared to point the finger at white supremacy. Stop being silly and thinking that racism / white supremacy would go away if black people 'supposedly' acted right.

ReputationRep:

Food for thought.

Being said, the actual gene expression taken in context is correlated within racial groups. White couples will not have black babies all to often could be a pretty accurate generalisation one would make.
    On this we can make other pretty accurate generalisations based on appearance, including skin colour and facial features etc. also helps make predictions more accurate

To suggest race has no taxonomic meaning........ can you prove that you have an IQ of 140?
    Because I'm beginning to doubt it. Also take my agenda else where, you don't like what I have to say so you call me names and tell me to leave, again, show everybody your true colours MR.140. Cause your only making yourself look bad.
    I would not spend a second trying to prove to anyone that black people are smart and nor should any black person. It's frankly pathetic when other black people are falling for this trick and saying "O. my iq is 140"

What I want to know about these people who write these books and do these studies about how stupid black people are.

What I want to know this :What should be done ?

They never get round to the doing part. Should we put all the dumb black people up into one island ? But they don't do this, they say something like

"Black people are nothing, their mothers are nothing, their fathers are nothing, there grandmothers are nothing, there grandfathers are nothing, they have never invented nothing or did nothing and I have the stats to prove....now pay me !!"

And they take this from city to city, from college to college, from uni to uni, from TV programme to TV programme and everyone is up all there sweating trying to prove them wrong

"IQ tests are cultural biased !!" "There are more differences within races than between, genetically we are all the same !!"

Stop with all that.

And I ask this. Let's say you are correct. Let's say that white people are superior intellectually, always will be superior intellectually and always have been.

OK ? Case closed

Now the question is this : What do you do with a race of intellectually inferior black people ?

You are saying that I because I am black I am on average intellecally ineferior.

And I'm saying - Yes I am

Now what are you gonna do ? I have made my move. What your move ?

Because all I'm hearing right now and all I ever hear is bragging about who's gang is smartest

Get something done. Black people don't fall for the trick. They always do it to try to get us angry. Don't.

Let them get to doing part.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so taken even Liam Neeson can't find me.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.