Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Ahh thank you so much!

Yeah I'm going to go to the applicant day on the 18th February, really excited about it as last time I visited I didnt get much time to look around the town. Is there anywhere I should go? I was juts going to wander around the town centre and see the beach etc
    Hey eg135,

No worries! Marcomms is a really fun course, you won't regret it! And like Gemma said definitely check out the beach and the lower gardens (two of Bournemouth's main attractions) Was there anything else you wanted to know?

Thanks

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg135)
    Im sure there will be others!! Will see when I go to the applicant day ☺️ what accommodation are you thinking of going with by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There will be loads of others, there are around 100 students on the course in the first year! Each seminar group has around 25 students in, and you in lectures you will be with student from other courses who are covering the same units, we have had crossover with BSc Marketing, Advertising, PR and Politics and Media!

One thing I wish I had done before uni was to try and find other people on my course before moving to Bournemouth as it would have made the first few lectures a lot less daunting! Definitely try finding people in the same accommodation as you and people doing Marcomms (or any of the other courses I listed above - as you will have lectures together) by finding groups on Facebook, e.g. BU Marketing Communications 2015-2016, or BU Advertising 2015-2016.

Thanks

Chris

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.