Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    a few people on here have shared the same opinion as I

knew you would be first one scene vladdy
    I was 7th, :fyi:

Sorry - the gay agenda had to make cuts in the internet debate stormtrooper budget to pay for the recruitment ad campaign it's running on Cartoon Network during Spongebob Squarepants.

ReputationRep:
    Gay people and straight people, I see no difference. So gay people should get marriage just like straight people

ReputationRep:
    Such an odd thing to see people argue that marriage is between a man and a woman, and treat marriage as some sort of sacred cow, but then raise no objections to divorce, or government actions in this country which have weakened marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Lol. That's because it's homophobia so you're attacking a group of people, ergo it's hate speech. Duh.
    I have no desire to insult anyone based on their homosexuality but I'm saying if it should not be acceptable for them to make advances on a straight person either.
    No it's not irrelevant at all. As heterosexuals have anal sex then that undermines what you're saying. Also, I dunno if it's because you have a dirty mind or you're just nescient, but homosexuality is not just about two men having sex, just like heterosexuality is not just about a male and female having sex.
    What's your point? I already said I don't care what people do in their private life. My problem is that I think it shouldn't be allowed to teach this in schools to young children at least without parental consent.
    Where is the evidence that homosexuality is being taught?

All those links show is that children are educated about different sex acts... Oh no, the horror!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I will not accept homosexuality because that would mean accepting that men have the right to make advances on me.
    So straight men trying to approach women is fine, but gay men trying to approach other men is bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    So straight men trying to approach women is fine, but gay men trying to approach other men is bad?
    I'm talking about gay men approaching straight men.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by adesola15)
    It doesn't matter to me whether or not you got married to a guy, but to me the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman, and a civil partnership gives to same rights as a marriaged couple to one in a civil partnership.

Same thing, just 2 different names, same rights, just 2 different names.
    That's not the definition of marriage, that's possibly the Christian definition of marriage. You're more than entitled to believe that for yourself but to try to impose those irrational - and they are irrational - beliefs on others is really unfair and intolerant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    And how do they know if you're straight or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    So this is an insecurity thing, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I have no desire to insult anyone based on their homosexuality but I'm saying if it should not be acceptable for them to make advances on a straight person either.
    Is it acceptable for you to make advances on a straight person?

What's your point? I already said I don't care what people do in their private life. My problem is that I think it shouldn't be allowed to teach this in schools to young children at least without parental consent.
    Children shouldn't be taught how to have safe anal sex?

Really clutching at straws here. It's even covered in the video how this was not what the school wanted but it happened unexpectedly and the school apologised. If you're trying to prove that homosexuality is taught on a syllabus (i.e. a sexual orientation is taught), you're doing a poor job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    What do you propose? A 'Beware: I am gay' badge of some sort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    The Nazis tried that and tbh... it didn't end particularly resplendently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    The Nazis tried that and tbh... it didn't end particularly resplendently.
    I know but we must stop the potential of a homosexual man hitting on OP. Even the notion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    I don't see your point. I simply don't agree with the idea of a man being protected by law to make advances towards me.

ReputationRep:
    Marriage should be abolished altogether. It is a backward religious practice and deserves its place alongside 'women not being able to vote' in the bin. Why two people in a civilised society need a piece of paper to announce their love I do not know. Its either narcissism to prove it to the world and gain attention or the legal and financial aspect. Either way, its all a bit tragic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I don't see your point. I simply don't agree with the idea of a man being protected by law to make advances towards me.
    You then say no/explain politely that you're straight. What's the big deal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend has this joke that she always makes, "If God wanted gay people, he would've made Adam and Steve". I'm still trying to decide where I stand on gay rights and such. I come from an area where not many support gay rights, and I didn't even know that such a thing as same-gender relationships existed until I began to browse on the internet. With my family and friends saying one thing and the internet saying another, I'm afraid it's going to take a lot of self-exploration to figure out what I really believe is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruh-got-swag)
    My friend has this joke that she always makes, "If God wanted gay people, he would've made Adam and Steve". I'm still trying to decide where I stand on gay rights and such. I come from an area where not many support gay rights, and I didn't even know that such a thing as same-gender relationships existed until I began to browse on the internet. With my family and friends saying one thing and the internet saying another, I'm afraid it's going to take a lot of self-exploration to figure out what I really believe is right.
    If you don't mind me asking where are you from?

And do your friends /family just not.believe that gay people exist?

ReputationRep:
    I know this is so not constructive but: I am really loving how he's being dragged to death by everyone here. I honestly love TSR for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    If you don't mind me asking where are you from?

And do your friends /family just not.believe that gay people exist?
    I'm from the Midwest over in America.
    I've never directly talked to my family about gay rights, but from what I've gathered, they believe that being gay is disgusting and sinful. They act as though people choose to be gay (which, from what I've read on the Internet, it's not a choice).
    My friends (only some of them) believe what their parents have told them, which is along the same lines of what I mentioned above.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.