Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get up at about 4:45am for 9am lectures now (doing my MSc so commuting, but because of intermitting and one module change I do only have to be in one day a week now). I get the 6:45am train (get to uni at about 8:20am so I am a bit early but if I didn't get that train I'd end up being late if the next train was delayed), so leave my house at 6:15, so I have 1.5 hours to get ready beforehand (probably seems extreme but I am on 'double breakfast' due to a meal plan and that takes up about 40 mins for me).

I really struggled at uni with waking up early. I switched from being a morning person to having really bad insomnia and awful sleep patterns for years (normal was 4am - 1pm-ish for years). Now I am back to being a morning person, so I like being up early but I wish I lived closer so I didn't have to worry about waking up on time for uni. Especially now I am on meds which make me sleep more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    I get up at about 4:45am for 9am lectures now (doing my MSc so commuting, but because of intermitting and one module change I do only have to be in one day a week now). I get the 6:45am train (get to uni at about 8:20am so I am a bit early but if I didn't get that train I'd end up being late if the next train was delayed), so leave my house at 6:15, so I have 1.5 hours to get ready beforehand (probably seems extreme but I am on 'double breakfast' due to a meal plan and that takes up about 40 mins for me).

I really struggled at uni with waking up early. I switched from being a morning person to having really bad insomnia and awful sleep patterns for years (normal was 4am - 1pm-ish for years). Now I am back to being a morning person, so I like being up early but I wish I lived closer so I didn't have to worry about waking up on time for uni. Especially now I am on meds which make me sleep more!
    How do you do that :eek: The earliest I've got up on a regular basis is 6! I tried at half 5 for a few weeks to get on an even earlier train but that didn't last long and cost me too much in subway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiwiMonkey96)
    How do you do that :eek: The earliest I've got up on a regular basis is 6! I tried at half 5 for a few weeks to get on an even earlier train but that didn't last long and cost me too much in subway
    I've just kind of switched to being a morning person again over the last few months! Back when I started my MSc I was having to wake up at 5:45am on uni days (fortunately just twice a week) but I used to worry so much about not waking up on time that I'd end up not being able to sleep at all so just having all-nighters before uni, and it was horrible!

Spent 5 months in hospital this year where we had to be up every day in time for meds at 8am (and about 7 weeks of that on a ward where we were woken by 6:30am-ish to be weighed) and I ended up just liking being up so early. I'd be up, dressed and ready for the day by 6am, so I could just chill and read, play board games, do work on my laptop etc, and I just found I love that time of day!

Would hate having to do the 4:45am wake-up/6:45am train commute to uni for 9am every day though, luckily it is just once or twice a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    I've just kind of switched to being a morning person again over the last few months! Back when I started my MSc I was having to wake up at 5:45am on uni days (fortunately just twice a week) but I used to worry so much about not waking up on time that I'd end up not being able to sleep at all so just having all-nighters before uni, and it was horrible!

Spent 5 months in hospital this year where we had to be up every day in time for meds at 8am (and about 7 weeks of that on a ward where we were woken by 6:30am-ish to be weighed) and I ended up just liking being up so early. I'd be up, dressed and ready for the day by 6am, so I could just chill and read, play board games, do work on my laptop etc, and I just found I love that time of day!

Would hate having to do the 4:45am wake-up/6:45am train commute to uni for 9am every day though, luckily it is just once or twice a week!
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    I've never been an early bird, I hated getting up early for school and I still hate it now.

ReputationRep:
    I was up from midnight on Wednesday (due to ****ed up schedule partly because of my partner's work schedule this week), left for uni at 06:40-ish. Today I got up at 5:30am and left for uni at 06:55. Got a lecture at 08:15 tomorrow so it'll be another early start. I'm feeling so unbelievably crabby right now from being exhausted after that getting-up-at-midnight nonsense.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have 9am lectures 4 days a week - 4 days of waking up at 6am. I'm more of a morning person though so it's not so bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get up at 5am regularly now when I am on the early shift. I still struggle to get up at 9am lol

I think I just hate waking up no matter what the time is. Another ****y day.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.