The Student Room Group

will villa go down this season?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redferry
Not sure your financial situation is quite on a par with ours... I mean at least the sale of your ground didn't have to be blocked by Birmingham City Council...

Hmmm guess we ain't in serious debt, christ didn't realise it had gotten that bad that they have blocked the sale of the ground.
Reply 21
I don't think they will but I hope they do. I want Villa out of the PL ASAP.
Original post by Rock Fan
Hmmm guess we ain't in serious debt, christ didn't realise it had gotten that bad that they have blocked the sale of the ground.

Yeah the council blocked it on the grounds it is an asset to the city.

I don't actually think any of our players get a wage any more ... :/
Yeah the council blocked it on the grounds it is an asset to the city.

I don't actually think any of our players get a wage any more ... :/

I thought it was bad when Randy Lerner told Lambert to cut the wage bill by £10,000 per player
I thought it was bad when Randy Lerner told Lambert to cut the wage bill by £10,000 per player

When Nicola Zigic resigned for us Rowett was asked about his new wage in the interview and literally said 'well I think this club has paid him enough already to be honest'
When Nicola Zigic resigned for us Rowett was asked about his new wage in the interview and literally said 'well I think this club has paid him enough already to be honest'

So he's basically playing for free?
So he's basically playing for free?

I don't know but it really wouldn't surprise me. Last year when we couldn't afford Caddis he paid his wage out of his own wage bill.
I don't know but it really wouldn't surprise me. Last year when we couldn't afford Caddis he paid his wage out of his own wage bill.

Looks like Rowett is working miracles
Looks like Rowett is working miracles

He's a bloody good guy that man. I love his interviews, painfully honest.
He's a bloody good guy that man. I love his interviews, painfully honest.

Rumour has it, he's also a Villa fan :ninja:
Rumour has it, he's also a Villa fan :ninja:

Gary Rowett is a Blue is a Blue is a Blue, Gary Rowett is a Blue! He hates Villa!!!

It must be true because the song says.
Gary Rowett is a Blue is a Blue is a Blue, Gary Rowett is a Blue! He hates Villa!!!

It must be true because the song says.

Might have been the media stirring it up :p: but we'll see maybe one day we will get a derby game again.
We're balling. 22nd richest club in the world.

We should get Demarai Gray for £3m instead of Scott Sinclair.
I hope so purely for Wilf's meltdown tbh
Not villa related (to an extent lol) but I vividly remember at the end of last season after the 3-1 home win against hull being in the pub and Birmingham losing which would have relegated them. Then zigic scores just before time and kept you guys up with a draw I think. If he is playing for free that is some loyalty right there lol
Original post by Zürich
I hope so purely for Wilf's meltdown tbh

His meltdown, wait till you see my meltdown. I might go on a massive troll spree and turn native in the process, just kidding :ninja:
Original post by sr90
Blackpool have been known to pay some of their players £90 a week (minimum wage for training & time spent on the pitch). It could be a lot worse.

Blackpool have Lee Clark as manager XD

Yeah, could be a lot worse.
Original post by sr90
Villa are just doing what Southampton/Coventry/Everton did throughout the 1990s, in a relegation scrap season after season yet they always did just enough to stay in the league. There is so much dross at the bottom of the table that they'll be fine.

Everton is still there of course, but Soton and Coventry did go down....Villa have to careful either this season or the next seasons...
Reply 38
They certainly won't get anything this weekend from the Emirates.
Original post by Mackay
They certainly won't get anything this weekend from the Emirates.

Na, nailed on three points. We are high on confidence at the moment. Scrape a win by the odd goal.

Mark my words.

Quick Reply

Latest