Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nigel Farage - The most worthy for Prime Minister Watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Raymat)
    Labour: Allowed uncontrolled immigration, lied by saying they will not introduce tuition fees but they did, brought the UK into the Iraq war (more like massacre).

Conservatives: Increased tuition fees, plans to take away free healthcare, make education tougher than it already is.

I hate them both.
    Yup, same. UKIP isn't the answer though.

ReputationRep:
    Labour: Allowed uncontrolled immigration, lied by saying they will not introduce tuition fees but they did, brought the UK into the Iraq war (more like massacre).

Conservatives: Increased tuition fees, plans to take away free healthcare, make education tougher than it already is.

I hate them both.

the tories dont want to take away free healthcare and education needed reform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by молодой гений)
    UKIP want to legalise discrimination against foreign workers. I wonder how that one's gonna work. Are we gonna chuck out CVs by place of birth, by nationality, or by how funny someone's name sounds?
    Show me proof of that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an immigrant. Immigration to the UK during Labour's rule was never 'uncontrolled'. My family moved here in 2002 and only a moron who has no idea how visas work would ever claim that the UK has ever had 'uncontrolled immigration'.
    Should have been more controlled than it is now.

ReputationRep:
    Show me proof of that.
    With pleasure.

http://www.ukip.org/policies_for_people

Employment and Small Businesses
    – Businesses should be able to discriminate in favour of young British workers.
    I've called up my local UKIP candidate and asked him about this, because I'm a UK citizen born abroad with a 'funny foreign surname'. He mumbled and huffed and said he didn't know.

ReputationRep:
    Like Nigel. He's a good egg.
    I'll certainly be voting for him. Unfortunately, I've got that silly old dinosaur Skinner for an MP and I can't see him being voted out. Too many labour morons around here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Yeah, let's blame all of our problems on everyone else rather than actually facing up to the real causes woo
    i bet you feel so enlightened after saying that
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by OnlyGot1Offer)
    i bet you feel so enlightened after saying that
    I have reached nirvana.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, same. UKIP isn't the answer though.
    I'm still going to vote them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes. The right blame their problems on easy, vulnerable targets whose "crimes" are negligible in the bigger picture. The left blame the problems on the big players who genuinely are the driving causes of the problems. What's worse, a desperate person living in poverty because of mental illness and a lack of an education asking for some slightly fairer benefits, or bankers squandering trillions of pounds worth of money that belongs to the people before dropping the entire globe into a recession, affecting the lives of billions across the world? How exactly is punishing the poor and vulnerable going to change any of that?
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Should have been more controlled than it is now.
    How so? It operates on a points-based system, exactly like Australia (I'm using Auss as an example because that's all I ever hear from UKIP - "we should be like Australia, etc, etc!").

By the way, that hallowed Australian-style points-based immigration system? 26.8% of Aus population is foreign-born.

ReputationRep:
    With pleasure.

http://www.ukip.org/policies_for_people

I've called up my local UKIP candidate and asked him about this, because I'm a UK citizen born abroad with a 'funny foreign surname'. He mumbled and huffed and said he didn't know.
    Just because they are allowed to doesn't mean they will. Businesses can employ whoever they want, that policy doesn't change anything. There are businesses discriminating against many white working class individuals who want to work but they rather take Blacks and Asians because they think only they 'work hard'. Very stereotypical.

ReputationRep:
    Just because they are allowed to doesn't mean they will. Businesses can employ whoever they want, that policy doesn't change anything. There are businesses discriminating against many white working class individuals who want to work but they rather take Blacks and Asians because they think only they 'work hard'. Very stereotypical.

ReputationRep:
    to the people saying ukip isn't the answer. they 100% are the answer. we need as many ukip mps in there to give the rest of parliament a good spanking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    the tories dont want to take away free healthcare and education needed reform
    Lack of funding is leading it to be privatised which I hope does not happen.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP are just as bad as the Conservative party, though. The only benefit of UKIP is to remove ourselves from the European Union, whilst the rest of their policies don't do anything to address the serious issues facing the fabric of the nation. They call themselves 'anti-establishment' but UKIP are in complete support of the system.

ReputationRep:
    Given Farage's recent revealed opinions on NHS privatisation, I'd rather burn my feet off than vote UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    the only thing I can think to compare UKIP with is the nazi party.

hindsight makes some people none the wiser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Given Farage's recent revealed opinions on NHS privatisation, I'd rather burn my feet off than vote UKIP.
    considering both labour and conservatives have privatised the nhs, why are you worried about ukip doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hukdealz)
    the only thing I can think to compare UKIP with is the nazi party.

hindsight makes some people none the wiser
    They are nothing like the nazi party.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.