The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Chemical Engineering - 14th Jan Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by toni_watsy
Can I ask do you have any reason for thinking this?

I was just thinking they hadn't got around to responding yet, that is better than being pooled

Honestly I don't want to believe it either but we're so far past the point at which we expected to have a response (and at which other people got offers) that it's very unlikely they haven't perused our applications, I think it's either the pool or they haven't bothered to reject us

Original post by geeves23
What were the questions like? I have an interview tomorrow!

Mine was weird, nothing really technical, he just went through my application asking me about resits and to detail exactly what the further reading in my personal statement covered, plus a couple of probing questions. I did hear other people talking about integrating by parts and the Haber process however.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by D4rt
I think it's either the pool or they haven't bothered to reject us

Do you really think they would not bother to inform of rejection?

One student on the day said they were interviewed in Jan and didn't hear anything back until the end of March when they got an offer, so who knows!

Did you hear anything yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Do you really think they would not bother to inform of rejection?

One student on the day said they were interviewed in Jan and didn't hear anything back until the end of March when they got an offer, so who knows!

Did you hear anything yet?

Still nothing, but you're probably right. Not notifying us of rejection would indeed be really scummy (and unusual), moreover other posts on this site suggest Imperial are notorious for being tardy with offers/rejections.
Reply 23
Original post by D4rt
Still nothing, but you're probably right. Not notifying us of rejection would indeed be really scummy (and unusual), moreover other posts on this site suggest Imperial are notorious for being tardy with offers/rejections.

Ye I read that too.

If you can let me know when you hear anything it would be much appreciated and I'll do the same :smile:
Reply 24
Hahaha lucky guys. I still haven't heard anything from them at all. Well I guess there's no hope now.
Hi guys, I had my interview for Chemical Engineering on this day, and I would recommend emailing or phoning them as you could have been put into internal clearing. I emailed and they told me that they were not considering my application for Chemical Engineering but they had entered me into internal clearing to study Material Science. I would check with them in case they have done this with your applications and you have been entered into a subject you do not want to study.
They asked me at my interview if I have thought of studying Chemistry, however I said that I didn't want to study a 'pure subject' hence I have been put into Material Science as it is a less popular course. I have now withdrawn from Imperial as they said I could be waiting until May to find out!!
Hope this helps!
Reply 26
Original post by tom1029
Hahaha lucky guys. I still haven't heard anything from them at all. Well I guess there's no hope now.

Ye I read that too.

If you can let me know when you hear anything it would be much appreciated and I'll do the same :smile:

They replied to my email on monday, saying a decision had yet to be made on my application and made me an offer (at 2230!) last night.

Good luck everyone, you have every reason to be hopeful yet.
Reply 27
Original post by D4rt
They replied to my email on monday, saying a decision had yet to be made on my application and made me an offer (at 2230!) last night.

Good luck everyone, you have every reason to be hopeful yet.

Congrats!!!! if you dont mind me asking what was your offer??
Reply 28
Original post by texiaco
Congrats!!!! if you dont mind me asking what was your offer??

Three A*s and an A, the A*s to include Maths and Chemistry.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending