Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got a boyfriend and I'm having a sleepover (with my guy friend) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I said sleepover because I don't know what word to use? I guess I should have said staying over night.

I said to my boyfriend I will not do anything and will not cheat cos I love my boyfriend too much. It's just friendly night as in friend with a friend kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any harm in doing this? in my opinion. it's just friend-to-friend talk/night

ReputationRep:
    Are you drunk or a kg girl

ReputationRep:
    if he is gay/married/long term girlfriend/or my close friend who I trust = ok, its wierd, but probably ok.

if he is single though.. high high probabilty he wants to **** you. (even if he is the most friendly guy in the world, who acts so innocent and promises he only wants to be your friend)

No guy wants their girlfriend to spend the night with a guy who wants to **** them..

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned cheat because I know most boyfriends have insecurity issues and if your girlfriend is staying over night with a guy friend, they will automatically assume they're gunna cheat...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not drunk. I just want to know peoples thoughts about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icup12)
    What do you think of this?
    What are your thoughts and opinions on this?
    Is it okay?
    What about if it's vice versa?

I'm 19 and he's 20 and I told him I'm having a sleepover with a guy and he was pissed. He's just a friend - nothing more. What can I do?
    This thread is rather easy.. he's right, your wrong.

While women are not property these days, it is entirely unreasonable that somebody sleep with another man while in a relationship. He is well within his rights to impose boundaries for the relationship, just as you are.

(Original post by alexmann97)
    Maybe I've just lead a sheltered life, but most of the guys I know are actually interested in being friends, you know, because having friends is nice. Not all men just want sex, you can't stereotype it. If you really loved your girlfriends then you should trust her not to be sleeping with other people behind your backs.
    He may well trust you.. but he may not trust the guy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any harm in doing this? in my opinion. it's just friend-to-friend talk/night
    It's not just about trust. Do you understand what respect is? Or masculinity? You are undermining both.

Real males are proud animals - in another lifetime we were hunters of dangerous game and guardians of our community. We thrive on leadership and taking care of close ones. We hold respect and courage above all other virtues. We will die ourselves lest our women and children be harmed.

And your reply to this is: "kk cool, can I go spend the night with another man?"

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...not necessarily an issue but...

Few things...

How long have you known this male friend?

How long have you been with this boyfriend?

Has your boyfriend met this guy?

When you say sleep over, assuming it's just the two of you, how will sleeping arrangements work?

ReputationRep:
    Just chill and be normal

ReputationRep:
    At least you didnt tell him afterwards, that would be really bad.

Just promise him nothing would happen and ask him if he wanna come and check out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Four Queue)
    I feel bad for both guys. Your boyfriend because you actually think this is a good idea, and the other guy for being so friend zoned that he's eligible to have a sleepover with a girl.
    *claps..slowly* LMAO

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=359477&stc=1
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg 575aeba3ea11e9ad2a928d81e879a7ac4e8ea987a3632d9cfae16d0ea960a469.jpg (42.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

The last girl I was with, I'd have trusted her completely providing it was a friend of hers who I knew and she'd known him for quite a while and also that they weren't sharing a bed. In that scenario I'd have no problem whatsoever with it I don't think.

However, any other variations of that and I'd have told her where to go - I might have trusted her, but I wouldn't trust guys intentions when it comes to 'sleepovers'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmann97)
    Wow. I never realised that girls being friends with guys immediately meant that they wanted to have sex. I should have known that every girl with a male friend is cheating on her boyfriend with him.
    I know right why does it always revolve around sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why do you need to have a sleepover...? i've had guy friends over for 'sleepovers' , but it's usually in a group or after a party , i don't think i've ever just had a guy stay over who wasn't my boyfriend , and when my boyfriend wasn't there either

i think now i'm at uni , i might let a guy stay over on the floor or something if it's convenient , but i wouldn't set up a sleepover specifically for that purpose because it seems weird

ReputationRep:
    guys and girls being friends is fine and all but a girl having one guy over to stay just isn't right. what would your response be if he had a girl stay the night..

I trust my girl infinately and vice versa, but I wouldn't disrespect her by asking and vice versa. If she wants to go out clubbing or whatever that's fine, but I wouldn't expect her to be cool with me having a girl over to stay, and in fact, I'd invite her to stay too if the situation did arise..

ReputationRep:
    Do you intend to share a bed with him OP?

I don't see a problem. If you're clear on boundaries about the pending night then no one will get mixed signals. If need be put a pillow wall between the two of you..Reassure the bf and affirm that it's only friends - no more than a girl-friend staying over!

The reflection of all insecurity is trust and understanding so don't cave as its only friends hanging out and sleeping together but more in the literal sense so just be mindful of his feelings and do what you can to ease the insecurity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not drunk. I just want to know peoples thoughts about it
    Seriously: how old are you?

And you say he's pissed, as in drunk? Okay well, he'll pass out on a stair somewhere before he can even get an erection for you. No worries, mamacita All jokes aside, it shouldn't be a problem, unless you just go around ****ing random drunk guys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.