Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pangestu)
    Yaaay! What time is your interview? Good luck!!
    I'm not sure about foundation, but she also mentioned about there might be a possibility that the BA applicants get the offer to start from foundation. I think it's a bit easier to get in to foundation, so dont you worry (plus we still have time to prepare). Did you apply to other univs as well?
    Mine is at 1pm. What about you? And good luck too!
    Thanks for the reassurance haha that was also the reason why I applied to foundation instead of BA. I applied to LCF as well, but CSM is my priority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrydaisy)
    Mine is at 1pm. What about you? And good luck too!
    Thanks for the reassurance haha that was also the reason why I applied to foundation instead of BA. I applied to LCF as well, but CSM is my priority.
    Ah you'll go first, mine is at 13.30

Is it a 100% guarantee that after you finish with the foundation you'll go straight to the BA without having to make any application again? or is it just a one year course that has nothing to do with the BA program, like a portfolio preparation? I was graduated from high school in 2011, so taking foundation will be too long for me

ReputationRep:

Is it a 100% guarantee that after you finish with the foundation you'll go straight to the BA without having to make any application again? or is it just a one year course that has nothing to do with the BA program, like a portfolio preparation? I was graduated from high school in 2011, so taking foundation will be too long for me
    You're right after me then! Haha
    it depends on the college. For CSM, they do not guarantee a place in their BA programme if you completed their foundation so you have to re-apply if you want to continue there. But as far as I know, for other UAL colleges such as LCF, Chelsea, Camberwell, etc. completing their foundations usually mean you will automatically get a place in their BA.

ReputationRep:
    Guys! I need your advice. I'm applying for Fashion Journalism, my interview is tomorrow haha and I was wondering if I should take in some of my work like articles I've written and stuff. Do you think that's a good idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hi,
    At CSM, its not guaranteed at all! You have follow the same procedure as others who are applying from outside for the BA Applications. Its just a one year course to prepare a suitable portfolio for your chosen course and its very competitive. But rather than opting for foundation at other colleges within ual like lcf n ccw, its much better to do a foundation of CSM because You really are able to prepare the best and the doors are wide open for all other universities because of its standard/ reputation and your strong portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrydaisy)
    You're right after me then! Haha
    it depends on the college. For CSM, they do not guarantee a place in their BA programme if you completed their foundation so you have to re-apply if you want to continue there. But as far as I know, for other UAL colleges such as LCF, Chelsea, Camberwell, etc. completing their foundations usually mean you will automatically get a place in their BA.
    (Original post by Fdrupali)
    Hi,
    At CSM, its not guaranteed at all! You have follow the same procedure as others who are applying from outside for the BA Applications. Its just a one year course to prepare a suitable portfolio for your chosen course and its very competitive. But rather than opting for foundation at other colleges within ual like lcf n ccw, its much better to do a foundation of CSM because You really are able to prepare the best and the doors are wide open for all other universities because of its standard/ reputation and your strong portfolio.
    Thanks a lot guys for the info!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anishask)
    Guys! I need your advice. I'm applying for Fashion Journalism, my interview is tomorrow haha and I was wondering if I should take in some of my work like articles I've written and stuff. Do you think that's a good idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think thats a great idea! It'll show them that you have initiative and a huge enthusiasm about your application. Good luckkk!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm an international student and im aware that the deadline for application of the foundation is in march. is there any of you who hasnt applied yet? and do you know whether it is hard to get into foundation at CSM and LCC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anishask)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,
    How was your interview? Did you get the offer for the BA course on the spot?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    How was your interview? Did you get the offer for the BA course on the spot?
    Hey, my interview went good and yes I did! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    ohh...Thats what even I was wondering as to how you got the skype interview request so early.
    Yeah the fashion course at csm is the best! I applied directly not through UCAS, Submitted my mini portfolio through flickr and sent the mini portfolio flickr link to them and received the portfolio submission confirmation, now waiting for the full portfolio request from CSM. I am from india, what about you?
    All the best for your application
    Hey, I've applied to for Interior Design at UAL from next September ( still waiting for my offer) and I'm from India too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakshandagowda)
    Hey, I've applied to for Interior Design at UAL from next September ( still waiting for my offer) and I'm from India too
    Hi,
    great! I applied to CSM for the BA (hons) Fashion Print course! Did you send your full portfolio via post to UAL? If yes, did you receive the decision date?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    great! I applied to CSM for the BA (hons) Fashion Print course! Did you send your full portfolio via post to UAL? If yes, did you receive the decision date?
    Nope. They've invited me to go to UAL on the 27th of this month and submit my porfolio. So, I'm really nervous as I don't know how to arrange my porfolio etc, any advice? Also which part of India are you from? And that's nice. Have you recieved a decision date?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. They've invited me to go to UAL on the 27th of this month and submit my porfolio. So, I'm really nervous as I don't know how to arrange my porfolio etc, any advice? Also which part of India are you from? And that's nice. Have you recieved a decision date?
    hi,
    That's great So will you be going to london to give the interview or you already live in london?
    Well, I would say just include the best possible work. Quality matters the most over quantity. I am from Mumbai, what about you? I received a decision date from LCF.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Lincolnshire. So yes, I'll be going down for the interview. I'm originally from Bangalore. Thanks a lot and all the best on your offer. (:

ReputationRep:
    I live in Lincolnshire. So yes, I'll be going down for the interview. I'm originally from Bangalore. Thanks a lot and all the best on your offer. (:
    Hi,
    Oh great! All the best for your interview!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.