Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by PurpleGhost25175)
    So for my mocks I got DDDU. I am actually pretty devastated by this and I don't know what to do. My teachers say not to worry about it but my self and my parents know that I need to work hard. It's about 3 months to my exams and I am dreading them. My friends seem motivated but I just can't bring myself to do so. I honestly want to jump of pome cliffs and kill myself but I know that is not a good plan. I just got to pace myself I suppose.
    Hey, please don't get disheartened by this :console: That's what mocks are there for. Do you know what happened? I would speak to your teachers to find out what went wrong so you can see where you need to improve.

3 months is plenty of time to get your head around things. Don't let this set you back! :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hey, please don't get disheartened by this :console: That's what mocks are there for. Do you know what happened? I would speak to your teachers to find out what went wrong so you can see where you need to improve.

3 months is plenty of time to get your head around things. Don't let this set you back! :dumbells:
    I have spoken to them and its the same issue of applying my knowledge in an analytical way that crops up a lot. I also tend to panic and have a mind block in exams and this tends to have an impact on the way I write. I tend to go off topic in the exams because of that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. So I have made a revsion timetable and I am going to stick to it from tomorrow. I put in all the exams I am taking this year, both the AS resits, the A2's and my piano exam, and I have decided to 60 hours of revision time. I did look carefully at the timetable before I printed out and I saw that I could do more revision during study leave and easter holidays simply becasue of the fac that I will have more time. So the whole 60 hours revsion time might change.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/pl...eek/2015-03-16 - this is the link to my timetable. I plan to do past papers and if I get bored of them then I will start doing questions from the textbooks. The sessions are an hour long with 10 minute breaks. But as I start ding past papers the session time will increase more as I will start timing myself.
    Well this has made me happy and I look forward to start working on it.

ReputationRep:
    I am like the Queen of Procrastination!

ReputationRep:
    I am like the Queen of Procrastination!
    Ah ah ah! That's my job :') Don't worry about your mocks, you can pull it off. Just think of something you want to do in future, stick it on a wall, and work for it! My maths teacher predicted me a B even though I was a few UMS away from an A at AS, and the thought of shoving an A or an A* in her face on results day is what's making me want to work. That and med school. I have motivational posters everywhere, my lock screen, my home screen... Eh, that's how I'm doing it! I got a U in my maths mock, so you're already doing better than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    Ah ah ah! That's my job :') Don't worry about your mocks, you can pull it off. Just think of something you want to do in future, stick it on a wall, and work for it! My maths teacher predicted me a B even though I was a few UMS away from an A at AS, and the thought of shoving an A or an A* in her face on results day is what's making me want to work. That and med school. I have motivational posters everywhere, my lock screen, my home screen... Eh, that's how I'm doing it! I got a U in my maths mock, so you're already doing better than me
    Thanks. I have a few motivators like getting good grades and a jubilant me on results day. Ah med school... I was going to apply one time but decided against it as I didn't have good AS results. I am now doing psychology instead. I got 2 more mocks for maths and then its REAL EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing resits as well so I have a lot more work to do!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I have a few motivators like getting good grades and a jubilant me on results day. Ah med school... I was going to apply one time but decided against it as I didn't have good AS results. I am now doing psychology instead. I got 2 more mocks for maths and then its REAL EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing resits as well so I have a lot more work to do!
    Right!? Well, if you still want to do it, you can! It just means pulling out all the stops. How many resits are you doing? I'm resitting Maths (C1 and C2) because I did ok, but I dropped a lot of marks - I'd rather make those marks up just incase I flop C3 and C4 this year hahahahah. I've got like 5 mocks before exams and I'm so not ready

ReputationRep:
    Right!? Well, if you still want to do it, you can! It just means pulling out all the stops. How many resits are you doing? I'm resitting Maths (C1 and C2) because I did ok, but I dropped a lot of marks - I'd rather make those marks up just incase I flop C3 and C4 this year hahahahah. I've got like 5 mocks before exams and I'm so not ready
    I got 4 resits. I am resitting C1, C2, a psychology paper and an RS paper. I got a C4 and an S2 mock before the exams and that's it. I will be happy with passes but 3 B's would be great! Have you got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Got A*BD in my A2 mocks in January, and need AAA. My main problem is chemistry, it's gradually getting towards an A grade, but sometimes the numbers literally swim in front of me! Not sure how to resolve this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Got A*BD in my A2 mocks in January, and need AAA. My main problem is chemistry, it's gradually getting towards an A grade, but sometimes the numbers literally swim in front of me! Not sure how to resolve this
    Do you have panic attacks then? I have them sometimes and apparently one way to solve or tackle this is to breathe slowly and just to be calm really. But other than that I don't really know how to resolve this. You can check out the other main grow your thread forum. That's the official one to get advice.
    Those are really good mock grades - way better than mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Better than AAU. STRAIGHT U in maths. It was just a disaster.

I got 4 resits. I am resitting C1, C2, a psychology paper and an RS paper. I got a C4 and an S2 mock before the exams and that's it. I will be happy with passes but 3 B's would be great! Have you got any offers yet?
    Same here, I have maths mocks in everything and then unit 5 Bio and Chem coming up, and I'm having to cram all of C4 in when I know next to nothing hahaha :'(((( And good thing you've doing 4 resits rather than the whole thing, takes a little stress off you. Are they much earlier than your A2 exams? I'm applying post A level btw

ReputationRep:
    Better than AAU. STRAIGHT U in maths. It was just a disaster.

Same here, I have maths mocks in everything and then unit 5 Bio and Chem coming up, and I'm having to cram all of C4 in when I know next to nothing hahaha :'(((( And good thing you've doing 4 resits rather than the whole thing, takes a little stress off you. Are they much earlier than your A2 exams? I'm applying post A level btw
    I couldn't dream of doing resits for the entire course especially the 2nd RS and Psychology paper as they are VERY time consuming and the exams are longer as well! Two of the resits are on the week starting the 11th of May so not long now! The rest are during study leave so it's not too bad.
    Have had any thoughts on biomedical science by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't dream of doing resits for the entire course especially the 2nd RS and Psychology paper as they are VERY time consuming and the exams are longer as well! Two of the resits are on the week starting the 11th of May so not long now! The rest are during study leave so it's not too bad.
    Have had any thoughts on biomedical science by any chance?
    Nope, wouldn't do it. I'm quite confident that I'll get an A maths in the end - I was doing worse at this point last year and got a high B, just missing my A by a few UMS, so as long as I retake and work harder on maths I should be fine. I'd much rather do Biology or Chemistry tbh. I don't want to lull myself into the "ah it's okay if I don't get the grades, I'll just go for biomed" style of thinking because 1) it doesn't do the course justice, it shouldn't just be considered a back up and 2)I'll get complacent and won't work lololol

wait why is your study leave so late!? Mine starts the 8th as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    Nope, wouldn't do it. I'm quite confident that I'll get an A maths in the end - I was doing worse at this point last year and got a high B, just missing my A by a few UMS, so as long as I retake and work harder on maths I should be fine. I'd much rather do Biology or Chemistry tbh. I don't want to lull myself into the "ah it's okay if I don't get the grades, I'll just go for biomed" style of thinking because 1) it doesn't do the course justice, it shouldn't just be considered a back up and 2)I'll get complacent and won't work lololol

wait why is your study leave so late!? Mine starts the 8th as far as I know
    Makes sense. Taking a year of will give time for work experience. My study leave starts on the 14th of May. I don't know why it's late. One of the resit is on the 11th and the other one is in the morning of the 14th. But we get 24 hour study leave for that so I am not fussed.

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense. Taking a year of will give time for work experience. My study leave starts on the 14th of May. I don't know why it's late. One of the resit is on the 11th and the other one is in the morning of the 14th. But we get 24 hour study leave for that so I am not fussed.
    Oh no, it's not that late! I thought you meant that your study leave was much later. It's fine :') How are you tacking C1 and C2 revision?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, it's not that late! I thought you meant that your study leave was much later. It's fine :') How are you tacking C1 and C2 revision?
    Sorry I didn't quite realise what you meant. In my school all the students who were resitting C1 and C2 got given a revision timetable. Each week we have to do a past paper for either C1 or C2 or both and then hand it in to one of the maths teacher. We were all allocated a maths teacher to hand the finished papers. We had to spend at least 20 minutes of one lunch time in the maths department to ensure that we were doing the papers. I completed all the C1 paper that we were supposed to finish according to the timetable and I just got one C2 paper to now. We have to have a revision timetable for C3, C4 and S2 as well. I think it was to ensure that we actually did work. So in effective I have 3-6 past papers to do for maths! My maths exam board is MEI which is part of OCR and we have to do a comprehension section where we are given a paper to read and there are questions based on that paper. It's worth about 20% of the A2 grade and we get up to an hour to do it and it's straight after the C4 exam! We have to use all of our knowledge from C1 to C4 to answer the comprehension so it's just as well that I am resitting C1 and C2.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.