ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyonenobody)
    UCL is a better law school

Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    In terms of?
    The faculty is better ranked, better funded, UCL is well know for law (founded in part by Bentham, one of the biggest legal philosophers), has better graduate prospects and is more selective

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyonenobody)
    The faculty is better ranked, better funded, UCL is well know for law (founded in part by Bentham, one of the biggest legal philosophers), has better graduate prospects and is more selective

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't the graduate prospects better at King's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    Aren't the graduate prospects better at King's?
    No, graduate prospects are definitely better at UCL. Overall, it is known that UCL is better for law. Only reason I am personally torn between the two is because the UCL's offer is way too high compared to the King's offer (for the IB at least), and I do not want to risk losing my firm offer when I could have gone for something lower but equally good.

ReputationRep:
    How many offers have they sent out for law at kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainbarq)
    Got offer from Bristol and Kcl, which should be firm choice, and why
    plz address my humble question Bristil vs kcl

ReputationRep:
    Torn between UCL and King's too. UCL is "better" in general and I think I like the university better overall. But at King's I qualify for a FULL merit-based scholarship. And it's the English Law/French Law joint LLB/Maîtrise en droit. 2 years in London, 2 years in Paris. Not too shabby.

HELP ME OUT I BEG OF YOU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdiemy)
    Torn between UCL and King's too. UCL is "better" in general and I think I like the university better overall. But at King's I qualify for a FULL merit-based scholarship. And it's the English Law/French Law joint LLB/Maîtrise en droit. 2 years in London, 2 years in Paris. Not too shabby.

HELP ME OUT I BEG OF YOU
    If this includes tuition fees I'd say go for KCL it's still a good uni and you'll have a lot less debt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rennys)
    No, graduate prospects are definitely better at UCL. Overall, it is known that UCL is better for law. Only reason I am personally torn between the two is because the UCL's offer is way too high compared to the King's offer (for the IB at least), and I do not want to risk losing my firm offer when I could have gone for something lower but equally good.
    i take the IB too, and i know that the 39 offer at ucl is much higher than kings at 35, but you do know that you have a firm and insurance right? so you make UCL your firm, and kings your insurance. so if you don't get the 39 but do get higher than the 35, you will end up going to kings as it is your insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allspace31)
    i take the IB too, and i know that the 39 offer at ucl is much higher than kings at 35, but you do know that you have a firm and insurance right? so you make UCL your firm, and kings your insurance. so if you don't get the 39 but do get higher than the 35, you will end up going to kings as it is your insurance choice.
    Yeah, but KCL asks for a 667 at higher level, and I don't want to risk my insurance and suddenly get a 666 and not get in... Also, I prefer Durham to KCL, so I'd rather firm Durham, and have probably Bristol for insurance. If I was absolutely certain that I could get a 39 for UCL then I would have firmed that instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rennys)
    Yeah, but KCL asks for a 667 at higher level, and I don't want to risk my insurance and suddenly get a 666 and not get in... Also, I prefer Durham to KCL, so I'd rather firm Durham, and have probably Bristol for insurance. If I was absolutely certain that I could get a 39 for UCL then I would have firmed that instead.
    oh right I see your dilemma. well either way bristol and durham are both ranked very highly for law and i'm sure you'll do well no matter where you end up if you don't mind me asking, I have a few questions: what were your predicted grades? are you an international student? when did you apply and receive your offer from UCL and Kings? and what subjects do you take? sorry for the overload i'm just curious because most people on this website take A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about Bristol but I'd personally pick KCL. Studying Law in London has benefits in terms of access to internships and opportunities (personal opinion). Also KCL provides merit scholarship so worth applying and if you already had 8A* at GCSE then you already get a scholarship (helps with tuition fees) if you firm KCL. Also KCL is in a really brilliant location at the Strand, near RCJ and courts in London. In my opinion, go for KCL.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it... I'm an international student, 3 other students from my school have applied to KCL for the LLB program, and all three received rejections on the same day. One of them has a higher IB predicted (as in higher than mine, just to clarify) and a lower LNAT score, another has the same IB predicted and a lower LNAT score, and the last has a higher predicted and the same exact LNAT score. Should I prepare myself for the rejection, or continue to hope for the offer?? My predicted is 40/42 IB score, and my LNAT score is higher than the average but not too great. My PS is really strong, though. Does anyone know how KCL weighs these different components when making a decision?? Thank in advance!

ReputationRep:
    hi I am keeping Bristol as firm choice. But confuse between Cardif and Warwick law school for insurance choice. plz guide
    Cardif vs Warwick

ReputationRep:
    hi I am keeping Bristol as firm choice. But confuse between Cardif and Warwick law school for insurance choice. plz guide
    Cardif vs Warwick

I'd go with Warwick

ReputationRep:
    Torn between PPL at KCL and LLB at Durham University. HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdiemy)

HELP ME OUT I BEG OF YOU
    AH I FEEL YOU! I'm in the same position - torn between UCL and KCL because of the scholarship, except mine is just the LLB. Have you made a decision?

ReputationRep:
    anyonenobody says "The [UCL] faculty is better ranked [than King's]..." Sorry, this cannot be asserted. Times Higher latest REF results here http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...017594.article

Click to download pdf, go to category 20, Law. King's placed FIRST.

The very most basic research, anyonenobody, would have shown you could not make that statement. Don't try this in court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stychomythia)
    anyonenobody says "The [UCL] faculty is better ranked [than King's]..." Sorry, this cannot be asserted. Times Higher latest REF results here

Click to download pdf, go to category 20, Law. King's placed FIRST.

The very most basic research, anyonenobody, would have shown you could not make that statement. Don't try this in court.
    Times Higher Education is the only ranking that places King's that high. That ranking is ridiculous. Everyone knows Cambridge Oxford and LSE are top three. King's is good but not better than UCL let alone those three other schools

http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...=false+search=

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...rankings?s=law

I did the freaking research, don't be petty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.