Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It's snowing and it looks so pretty watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    It snowed for the first time in my area today...but only for like ten minutes. Clear skies now.
    I was walking through it and it was quite serene.
    Yeah same, i am pretty sure there was a shower of thick snowflakes intensely for 10 mins in east London!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    Yeah same, i am pretty sure there was a shower of thick snowflakes intensely for 10 mins in east London!:confused:
    I live in the South West, but it was hailing before turning to snow. And then all of a sudden my hands wanted to fall off, the temperature seemed to fall so quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Seriously. The fluffy white snow falls so elegantly from the sky, twisted in a beautiful pattern by the wind. It's perfect whiteness blending constrasting magnificently with the black painting of the patio railing out the back, as well as the asphalt atop my shed roof. The green of the trees, snow falling off them periodically, even the cobwebs near the windows are getting covered in fluffy snow. The result all around? Every colour gets a pretty white trim. The colour contrasts from all the white-trimming creates this cacophony of colour in front of my eyes and everytime I look outside when I get tired of doing paper-work I feel overcome by its splendor and it relaxes me.

This is great :daydreaming:

I hope it doesn't stop snowing for a few hours so I can get lots of work done. I've always found snow to be quite regretful though. I like it when it is like this and actively snowing but eventually it is going to melt and become that "slush" and that stuff is u-g-l-y, brown, a horrible texture, even the sound it makes when you walk in it is near vomit-inducing, the "splush" rather than the dynamic crunch of walking in proper snow. Then everywhere gets wet and dark and ugly, god I hate slush, but I love snow. Dilemmas.
    I like your description.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. This makes me want to crack jokes that normally i would have snow way of saying without having a undue frosty reception. People would act cold to avoid the blizzard of jokes that I unleash.

ReputationRep:
    It's snowing here, I hate snow :angry:. I always manage to slip over somehow walking to or from school. Why can't it just be sunny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    I like your description.
    All I want in life is your approval.

My life is complete. :danceboy::danceboy::danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    It's not real snow, just a bit of fairy dust.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All I want in life is your approval.

My life is complete. :danceboy::danceboy::danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    We've had it settle here. Starting to cloud over again, so we may be in for more.
    But do you want more or not?

(Original post by Larissa14)
    We had snow yesterday, but like zero today. It's all slush now
    That's a shame. Slush sucks :L

(Original post by RFowler)
    We've had it snow pretty heavily a few times today, but it hasn't laid. I think it's because the ground is already wet.
    Logical!

(Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    It's just started snowing here again, it's like a scene out of The Day after Tomorrow, or whatever that terrible movie was called ..I'm just trying to make it interesting ok
    What are you trying to make interesting? The crappy movie or your description of the snow where you are? XD

It snowed for the first time in my area today...but only for like ten minutes. Clear skies now.
    I was walking through it and it was quite serene.
    Indeed, I can imagine. Whilst it was snowing here the sky itself was just pure pure white, so white in fact that it kind of hurt one's eyes to look at it.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It has snowed heavily over my way (south of Manchester). Buses were cancelled and I got to leave work early and walked home via town, fields, bridle way and canal. Was very scenic.
    Lucky you! I'm at Leeds, it wasn't quite heavy enough to stop work though. Sounds like it would have been a great walk though.

ReputationRep:
    We had snow over in Leicester and it was settling!

ReputationRep:
    It snowed for a bit (letchworth) but you can still see the grass very clearly if you see what I mean, now it's reverted to just cold and non-snowy. Why can't we have some of America's snow, they have plenty to go around?

ReputationRep:
    But do you want more or not?
    Yeah, I'm not in work and don't have to be anywhere important so bring it on!

ReputationRep:
    OP, I wish I could give you ten thumbs-up for that post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahbuba1997)
    You trying to make us Londoners jealous? It hasn't snowed here in ages :mad:
    Yeah I wish it would snow soon! I thought it was snowing when I came back from college, turns out it was just light rain... :unimpressed::facepalm: false moment of joy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    Omg I thought it was snowing as well! Thought I was the only one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleBlossoms)
    Omg I thought it was snowing as well! Thought I was the only one!
    Yes it was 100% snowing, I was outside in just a sleeveless dress running around like a mad child At least I think it was because the precipitation stuff, whatever it was, was thick, white and sticking to my clothes...i.e. snowflakes?
    (Ahh not meant to sound as dirty as it is typed )

I live in the South West, but it was hailing before turning to snow. And then all of a sudden my hands wanted to fall off, the temperature seemed to fall so quickly
    Hmm I can imagine, aww how horrible... I love snow but hate the cold

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TorpidPhil;53277289]But do you want more or not?

That's a shame. Slush sucks :L

And plus it wasn't enough snow for school to close. Only the rural schools closed

ReputationRep:
    I do like watching snow from the inside- but I don't like walking in it! I hate it when it turns to ice .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    OP, I wish I could give you ten thumbs-up for that post.
    Thanks, it was random lol, but glad you enjoyed reading it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    I do like watching snow from the inside- but I don't like walking in it! I hate it when it turns to ice .
    That's a whole different story.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.