Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor Stevens)
    Yeah, im really excited too! I think you made a good choice with AUB! Will you be living in halls?
    Aww I think I made a good choice too, it's just SO PERFECT! I hope to be living in halls, yes How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nifix)
    Aww I think I made a good choice too, it's just SO PERFECT! I hope to be living in halls, yes How about you?
    Yeah, it really does seem that way! That's good! Not AUB halls no. I've actually just (on Tuesday) secured a studio flat at Bracken House. It's flats for students in general, not just for AUB!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it really does seem that way! That's good! Not AUB halls no. I've actually just (on Tuesday) secured a studio flat at Bracken House. It's flats for students in general, not just for AUB!

Oh wow, I haven't really thought about accommodation just yet, I wouldn't mind living anywhere tbh as long as I get my own en-suite :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nifix)
    Oh wow, I haven't really thought about accommodation just yet, I wouldn't mind living anywhere tbh as long as I get my own en-suite :P
    I just wanted to get things sorted so I knew I HAD a place to live! Halls seemed a little uncertain - and im not good with uncertain, lol - ooh, yeah! I think most rooms, even halls, you get an en-suite just some its a shared kitchen area! - I felt exactly the same too!

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to get things sorted so I knew I HAD a place to live! Halls seemed a little uncertain - and im not good with uncertain, lol - ooh, yeah! I think most rooms, even halls, you get an en-suite just some its a shared kitchen area! - I felt exactly the same too!
    Haha, gosh you're so organised! I need to be more like you... I'll have a chat with my tutor and parents about this whole accommodation thing next week XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nifix)
    Haha, gosh you're so organised! I need to be more like you... I'll have a chat with my tutor and parents about this whole accommodation thing next week XD
    lol I always have been! I'm sure your organised too! Yeah, that'll be good. Bracken House is lovely and they still have some rooms (studio and shared) available!

ReputationRep:
    lol I always have been! I'm sure your organised too! Yeah, that'll be good. Bracken House is lovely and they still have some rooms (studio and shared) available!
    I'm kind of organised I guess, but more of a last minute person unfortunately lol. I'll have a look at Bracken House, thank you! Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you currently studying A2 or foundation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nifix)
    I'm kind of organised I guess, but more of a last minute person unfortunately lol. I'll have a look at Bracken House, thank you! Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you currently studying A2 or foundation?
    I'm sure your very organised and everything will work out great! Yes, you should! Urm, neither. I'm 21, so took a few sorta gap years. It was never my intention to go to Uni after College, but things changed and I found my true passion, so applied just for the AUB Modelmaking Course (as a mature student, outside of education) - How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your very organised and everything will work out great! Yes, you should! Urm, neither. I'm 21, so took a few sorta gap years. It was never my intention to go to Uni after College, but things changed and I found my true passion, so applied just for the AUB Modelmaking Course (as a mature student, outside of education) - How about you?

Thank you! (: That sounds really, really great! I'm glad you've found your passion I'm doing a foundation in art, design and media. I applied for animation for my other 4 choices, however I'm more interested in stop-motion animation so I decided to specialize in modelmaking to get into the animation industry - making props, houses and characters/dolls.. hehhe :-)

All the best, good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nifix)
    Thank you! (: That sounds really, really great! I'm glad you've found your passion I'm doing a foundation in art, design and media. I applied for animation for my other 4 choices, however I'm more interested in stop-motion animation so I decided to specialize in modelmaking to get into the animation industry - making props, houses and characters/dolls.. hehhe :-)

All the best, good luck!!!
    Thank You so much! That really sounds like such a fascinating aspect of it all and where it can lead to! I really do hope everything goes very well for you.

Would love to know where you'll be living when you've decided on halls etc. ?

Thank You - All the best and good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Thank You so much! That really sounds like such a fascinating aspect of it all and where it can lead to! I really do hope everything goes very well for you.

Would love to know where you'll be living when you've decided on halls etc. ?

Thank You - All the best and good luck to you too!
    You're very welcome! :-) yeah, modelmaking is the perfect course for the career I have in mind and thank you so much!!
    I'd keep in touch with you and let you know about accommodation :-) - hope everything goes well for you too!! hehe X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nifix)
    You're very welcome! :-) yeah, modelmaking is the perfect course for the career I have in mind and thank you so much!!
    I'd keep in touch with you and let you know about accommodation :-) - hope everything goes well for you too!! hehe X
    Me too!! I'm so glad it is the career for you as well!
    That would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm applying for Creative Events Management... Anyone else?! So excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e beans)
    Hiya, I've applied to AUB for Graphic Design, been accepted, and just accepted their offer! I'm super keen. :- )
    Congrats! I got an unconditional offer for graphics recently too! Waiting for one last response before I make any decisions. AUB is pretty sick though.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying for media makeup been accepted yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benferris7)
    Hello! I'm applying for Creative Events Management... Anyone else?! So excited!
    I'm doing Creative Events Management, did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    Me too!! I'm so glad it is the career for you as well!
    That would be great!
    Hey Eleanor I read on here that you went to bracken house like 2 years ago, I'm thinking of booking a room there but I'm not sure because I haven't seen anyone talk about it, what is it like and what was your experience like there? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambsb)
    Hey Eleanor I read on here that you went to bracken house like 2 years ago, I'm thinking of booking a room there but I'm not sure because I haven't seen anyone talk about it, what is it like and what was your experience like there? Thank you!
    Hello - yeah, I got a studio flat at Bracken House for my first year, rebooked for my second year....and have also again for 3rd year (starting in Sep). It suits me well - its close to the station and the Uni bus picks up near by too.
    It is okay - the rooms are decent size and you get your own shower room and kitchen as well - which was an essential part of what I wanted from student accomadation.
    The building itself is a little shabby. They are a bit slow with maintance repeares....one of the lifts hasnt worked for months....but, its okay on the whole.
    There is key fob entry, so quite secure.
    Other tennants can be quite noisy at times, but, they let you keep yourself to yourself...if thats how you like it!
    Not sure what else? Its not perfect, but, i guess it could be worse. It suits me okay and not having to change accomadation throughout my whole degree has been a huge relief.
    Hope its of some help... do message me, if youd like to know more etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.