Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The thing is I am beginning to become attracted to women and do at least wanna try it so I can see I have done it.
    Ah if you're findin yerself attracted then sure. Uhhh... I can't help you chat one up I've never even kissed a girl.

So I just go clubbing and try a pick a woman up. Easy as that. Just look nice and try and get one by flirting. I have never flirted with anyone through. If I get desperate I could go to a prostitute through.

Will that work. Anyone know.

ReputationRep:
    So I just go clubbing and try a pick a woman up. Easy as that. Just look nice and try and get one by flirting. I have never flirted with anyone through. If I get desperate I could go to a prostitute through.
    Your respect for women is appalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying online dating, I seem to very popular with people who live nowhere near me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Your respect for women is appalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's only doing this for experimental purposes, what else can be done?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just want a causal one night stand. Nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    I just want a causal one night stand. Nothing more.
    Go on a night out and ask 100 girls "do ya wanna ****?" - 99 might say no but maybe one will say yes.

But I don't recommend this.

(Original post by jay2013)
    Go on a night out and ask 100 girls "do ya wanna ****?" - 99 might say no but maybe one will say yes.

But I don't recommend this.
    What else should I do. How do I start a conversation without looking like a weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    What else should I do. How do I start a conversation without looking like a weirdo.
    Be secure about yourself. Don't place too much importance on the convo, just let it be as natural as possible.

Depends on context. If on a night out, ask them how their night is going. If in a lecture on Monday morning, ask them how their weekend was.

ReputationRep:
    Not too much different to how you try it with a man really. I say this as interestingly enough gay men in the gay community have a heck of a lot of the right ideals on how a man should approach a woman.

You can be as direct as you want with a woman as you would with a man and in fact that approach is in fact favorable.

You are playing to win, not to not loose. So you could do the boring whole "What you drinking" effort. Its playing it safe. No one will reject you right off the bat for that. But its low risk no reward.

Or you could say something like "Your boobs, amazing" with a cheeky grin on your face. Some will hate you for this, some will love you. So what if they hate you just talk to someone else.

However there are some subtle differences.

Your tonality of voice needs to be controlled. No inflection what so ever.
    You need to be strong in your body language. Almost stereo typically masculine.
    You need to understand the social pressures imposed on woman that are not imposed in the gay community on men or woman and work around this.

Other then that. Be bold.

ReputationRep:
    The beset line I've ever dropped:

http://instagram.com/p/ydRR6mCH_F/?modal=true

Guess you'll never know

Ironically we broke up 2 months after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes but the way he said I'll just go and pick up some woman like they're items in the shop or something is just disrespectful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    Yes but the way he said I'll just go and pick up some woman like they're items in the shop or something is just disrespectful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no other way of putting it when you're only after a casual shag...

ReputationRep:
    Go and pinch a girls bum in the club or something, or just simply ask for a **** :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by stanley_bean)
    Go and pinch a girls bum in the club :P
    Umm...no. It's a sure fire way of getting kicked out/in the nuts and really isn't an appropriate way to treat a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.