Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys (and girls who like girls): Would you ever sleep with a fat girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Walters)
    Anyone whom says its difficult to loose weight honestly requires their head looking at more than their body.

Ive lost 6 stone in a year. It was a doddle really.
    Congrats on the weight loss.

I kind of agree and disagree..

You see i was a fat **** for most my life, always "trying" to lose weight, got all the way up to 211lbs at 5ft 8", not once did i deny being fat mind.

But, then last July i realised how simple it was - Eat less calories than your body burns off. Started counting calories, reduced by a little amount, aimed for 1-2lbs loss a week, boom. It has been Surprisingly easy. 168lbs and dropping every week, long way to go of course.

I would say it does take will power though to make that initial change and a big issue is people not actually realising how simple it is - They don't even need to change what they eat (but i find when you lose weight you want to start eating healthier food anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    Congrats on the weight loss.

I kind of agree and disagree..

You see i was a fat **** for most my life, always "trying" to lose weight, got all the way up to 211lbs at 5ft 8", not once did i deny being fat mind.

But, then last July i realised how simple it was - Eat less calories than your body burns off. Started counting calories, reduced by a little amount, aimed for 1-2lbs loss a week, boom. It has been Surprisingly easy. 168lbs and dropping every week, long way to go of course.

I would say it does take will power though to make that initial change and a big issue is people not actually realising how simple it is - They don't even need to change what they eat (but i find when you lose weight you want to start eating healthier food anyway).
    Cheers man, you too.

I agree on what you said change what they eat too much.

Maybe....I wouldn't say I eat healthier food. I just cut processed sugar and watched meal portion size. Looking back you would probably think you ate a daft amount of food and you would be correct.

Its got sod all to do with how fast your metabolism is and all the crap people tell you. Well it does when you start dropping sub 10% body fat (as a man) and 20% or so as a woman. But for 95% of us. Not any difference really.

I'm 12 stone 6 at the moment. 14% body fat. I think I was around the 260 mark at my biggest point perhaps 45% body fat.

Anyway. We are getting off point here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    Yeah you're right but you've got to have some fat on you for the curves to be fairly visible I guess?
    Most "skinny" girls I find are still 25% body fat or so. Its just the way their frame is built that makes them look skinny.

Change their frame up and they would be curvy at the same body fat percentage.

ReputationRep:
    yes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I had an impressively fat friend at university and she got laid and found a boyfriend no problem. She's now married with kids.
    She's got game.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what a size 24 looks like so I can't say. But my view on what's fat is not as narrow as others...a lot of (insane) people for some reason say that women like Christina Hendricks are fat when she's like physical perfection so it could just be me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It's certainly unlikely that you'll be regarded as the catch of the day.
    Well actually, the bigger the fish the more impressive the catch. Just sayin'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the biggest I'd go is probably a size 16, and even then, that'd be pushing it and they'd have to have a nice personality and hour glasses-ish figure. I've never been with a girl but I wouldn't mind so. I'm a size 10 ish and I like curvy girls. But there's a big difference between curvy and fat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bi girl but I would never 100% rule anyone out for their size. If I was attracted to them, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    People have different attractions, people here can't answer your question on the behalf of everyone, what men 'like' varies to a huge degree. There is no single definition. Society on the other hand enforces the idea that it is wrong to be overweight and is thus seen as unattractive to some who jump on board the wagon. There's nothing wrong or unattractive about it, you'd be ignorant and common if you disagreed, just live your life the way you see fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    I have no idea what a size 24 looks like so I can't say. But my view on what's fat is not as narrow as others...a lot of (insane) people for some reason say that women like Christina Hendricks are fat when she's like physical perfection so it could just be me :P
    I just had a quick google of that name......Bar the new boobs yes is in every way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeees, without a doubt in my soul.
    Just not too fat ie. 3*<=healthy weight. I do have some sentiment of standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    No. I wouldn't sleep with someone who doesn't care about their health.
    So, let me enlighten your a bit on your simplistic view of being fat. There are tonnes of people who eat very unhealthily and are not overweight. Obesity is a largely unsolved complex medical problem associated with appetite control and metabolic rate. Hunger is a very basic urge that is difficult to override. Sure an affluent western diet hasn't helped. Imagine how much money drug companies could make if they sussed this one. Presumably you wouldn't sleep with anyone who does anything deemed unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I have always had a penchant for small plump girls, even though I also fancy thin women too. Mind you I've not one for waif like girls. It is all about femininity and its not a requirement to be size 8 to have this. And despite the appalling ignorance and offensiveness often displayed on TSR about this topic, from what I see overweight people find partners.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a guy, yes

I've always preferred a fuller/"sturdier" figure on a girl, like size 12+. Which is brilliant, because genetics gave me the body shape of an awkward stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    So, let me enlighten your a bit on your simplistic view of being fat. There are tonnes of people who eat very unhealthily and are not overweight. Obesity is a largely unsolved complex medical problem associated with appetite control and metabolic rate. Hunger is a very basic urge that is difficult to override. Sure an affluent western diet hasn't helped. Imagine how much money drug companies could make if they sussed this one. Presumably you wouldn't sleep with anyone who does anything deemed unhealthy.
    Appetite control problems are like drug addictions problems. Something I do not have any patience for at all as they're easily avoidable with basic willpower. I appreciate that not everyone is the same and it's hardly the individual's fault for being **** at life but that appreciation doesn't make them anymore attractive to me. Metabolic rate's effect on obesity is negligible to the extent that it is unchangeable and insofar as it is non-negligible it can easily be controlled.

There is a colossal difference between doing something unhealthy on occasion for ****s and giggles in a responsible manner and just being unhealthy all round.

ReputationRep:
    Define "fat"? How fat are we talking?

ReputationRep:
    Size 24 is just unhealthy and not very pleasant looking though

ReputationRep:
    I struggle to envisage a size 24 I'd be physically capable of having sex with.

ReputationRep:
    There is a big difference between someone who is overweight to the point of unhealthiness, and an overweight person who is either healthy (they are not mutually exclusive) or working their way to healthiness. Regardless, sexiness and attractiveness is mostly down to your mentality, not your actual appearance. Confidence, intelligence and independence all play large parts in contributing to overall attractiveness.

Everyone has different preferences, what turns them on, what doesn't.

Don't like fat girls? Go for a thin girl.
    Don't like thin girls? Go for a fat girl.
    Don't like sex? Play scrabble.

In the words of the much loved Taylor Swift - 'haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.