Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men and Women can never simple be friends Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
    It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them.
    Where has this been proven?

Seriously, you're claiming that every man is uncontrollably attracted to all women and vice versa?

ReputationRep:
    No, not true at all. Several of my closest friends are women, and there's absolutely no physical attraction or sexual tension between us. One is even engaged and has a child.

ReputationRep:
    I have to politely disagree at least in my experience I have male friends who are like family.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're just desperate.

ReputationRep:
    they can be and they can also have sibling like relationship as well.

ReputationRep:
    *SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa. (This is not my view/opinion)

thoughts?
    If a man is “friends” with a female, then one of these conditions is true :

• The man wants to have sex with her.
    • The man has already had sex with her
    • The man does not find her sexually attractive

Men and women want to fornicate with each other. Any non-sexual relationship is basically just a facade. It's a forced social construct that men and women share.

Plus there are limitations on the degree to which a friendship can develop between men and women because at some point your female “friend” will become intimately involved with another male; at which point the quality of what you perceived as a legitimate friendship will decay. It must decay for her intimate relationship to mature.

ReputationRep:
    *SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa. (This is not my view/opinion)

thoughts?
    Could you provide a link to this evidence. I think if this is seen as a fact then I should present myself as the scientific enigma

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with my step mum but I'm not really sexually attracted to her

ReputationRep:
    For the last time i do not agree with this and scientists have ACTUALLY proved this. i'm just curious in what people think.
    I'm not just going to take your word for it.

I want you to provide proof.

ReputationRep:
    I don't buy this at all.
    Sources? Receipts? Please provide, I mean...
    If men and women can't simply be friends then women and women can't simply be friends and men and men can't simply be friends and non binary people and men can't be friends and non binary people and women can't be friends and non binary people and non binary people can't be friends
    And we all. Just. Can't. Be. Friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I'm not just going to take your word for it.

I want you to provide proof.
    Exactly I'd like to see a link to something that shows that scientists have 'proved' this

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.