Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100 days till my first GCSE exam today. When should I start revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumi99)
    What did you get for your mocks? How many hours did u do a day
    Hey. Admittedly for my mocks, I didn't do that much - at least not as much as some people. I made notes for my geography and sciences and ensured that I read them every few days. For French I stuck hard translations on post-its and put them up in places around my house so I'd learn them.

That was all really. For English, it's really hard to revise, and for maths I just looked over examples in my book. The best advise I'd give for mocks is to learn from them. You can see where you're weak and hence where you need to work.

(Original post by Applescruff)
    Hey. Admittedly for my mocks, I didn't do that much - at least not as much as some people. I made notes for my geography and sciences and ensured that I read them every few days. For French I stuck hard translations on post-its and put them up in places around my house so I'd learn them.

That was all really. For English, it's really hard to revise, and for maths I just looked over examples in my book. The best advise I'd give for mocks is to learn from them. You can see where you're weak and hence where you need to work.
    Guessing you did amazing in your mocks. thanks for that x

I'm so stressed literally done nothing for my gcses so far sitting on like 3 A*s a 2 As and loads of Cs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumi99)
    Guessing you did amazing in your mocks. thanks for that x

I'm so stressed literally done nothing for my gcses so far sitting on like 3 A*s a 2 As and loads of Cs
    I did alright. But I definitely put more effort into my real exams

And they aren't bad grades, and if that's what you can get with doing nothing, think what you'll get when you actually work for them! And if you need to, pm me with any questions, I'm happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    Mate what do you mean when you said oh if you havent started now you are screwed. Thats not true. Its not about how long you revise it is about what you get done. Say you do 3 hours today but get a lot covered then it does not matter whether you only do about 10 minutes of revision. The amount of time spent on revision does not mean anything. Guys i reccomend that you start 2 months before your exam. Starting early does not give any advantages nor disadvantages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnseelan)
    Mate what do you mean when you said oh if you havent started now you are screwed. Thats not true. Its not about how long you revise it is about what you get done. Say you do 3 hours today but get a lot covered then it does not matter whether you only do about 10 minutes of revision. The amount of time spent on revision does not mean anything. Guys i reccomend that you start 2 months before your exam. Starting early does not give any advantages nor disadvantages.
    These people will have done their exams now!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.