best friends bf hit her Watch

Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
No one deserves violence. He sounds horrible and really controlling. My friend is in the same situation but she won't leave as she says he loves her. Try and prove to her not all men are like this and some actually respect women. If he can't accept she has male friends then this form of control and he will hit her again. Unfortunately nothing you can say will make her stay away if she wants to go back. You just have to support her and hope for the best.
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
um, i dont believe that for a second
um....well you need to open your eyes if you dont believe that happens...
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
um....well you need to open your eyes if you dont believe that happens...
use your brain.

she was in a long term relationship with him. hes not suddenly gonna flip out because she has guys numbers in her phone.

certainly not going to go punching her because of it.

and you say she was jokey?

Cmon...think!
Claire_Elizabeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Tbh stop judging the guy, maybe the ***** did something deserving of a good hiding. contrary to popular belief girls aren't perfect.

Contrary belief my arse! Guys arent perfect either! Any guy who hits a girl should be locked up! Why do it? What satisfaction do they get from hurting somone!
This girl didnt deserve to be treated this way and for you to call her a b**ch is way out of line! You deserve a slap youself!
Sejanus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
use your brain.

she was in a long term relationship with him. hes not suddenly gonna flip out because she has guys numbers in her phone.

Cmon...think!
The first post clearly states that the best friend had only recently got together with the guy.
samba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Claire_Elizabeth)
Contrary belief my arse! Guys arent perfect either! Any guy who hits a girl should be locked up! Why do it? What satisfaction do they get from hurting somone!
This girl didnt deserve to be treated this way and for you to call her a b**ch is way out of line! You deserve a slap youself!
yea, because girls are the weaker sex and need protected yea? :rolleyes:
Claire_Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
yea, because girls are the weaker sex and need protected yea? :rolleyes:

From bullies like that yeh they do!
Princess_Peach
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
use your brain.

Cmon...think!
Have you ever been the victim of domestic violence? What made you an expert?
samba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Princess_Peach)
Yes...

Not that is has anything to do with you.
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If the requirement of being an expert is that you agree with yourself (inverse logically deducted from the fact he disagrees = he doesn't know what he's talking about) then we have a whole lot of wife-beater victims here.
samba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
From bullies like that yeh they do!
yea i definately agree with that! It was the "any guy who hits a girl should be locked up" statement I didn't agree with!
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
yea i definately agree with that! It was the "any guy who hits a girl should be locked up" statement I didn't agree with!
exactly cos if it was the other way round would you (as in everyone) expect every girl /woman to be locked up...? no didnt think so...
Princess_Peach
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
Why not?
Claire_Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samba)
Yeh you're right there, I went on with myself a bit there! But i dont think any person should be treated in such a manner and it winds me up when people try and defend the person who is passing out the violence!
samba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeh you're right there, I went on with myself a bit there! But i dont think any person should be treated in such a manner and it winds me up when people try and defend the person who is passing out the violence!
Indeedy. There's no place for violence or intimidation in a relationship
samba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why not?
Stop trolling and use your brain.
sebbie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lewis-HuStuJCR)
Tbh stop judging the guy, maybe the ***** did something deserving of a good hiding. contrary to popular belief girls aren't perfect.
LMFAO
Claire_Elizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sebbie)
LMFAO
Whats funny about that:confused: ??
Princess_Peach
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whats funny about that:confused: ??
Id be interested to know too.
xChellex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If a guy hits a girl for no good reason, she should think carefully and seriously about leaving him.
And I know this isn't the same case the OP has described but:
On the other hand, if a girl is intentionally cruel to a guy, mentally, emotionally or physically, how can a guy defend himself? Violence isn't the answer true, but I don't think guys who lose it under intense pressure once, shouldn't be held down to the 'He'll do it again' rule.
No offence intended, but its like dogs: you be respectful to a dog, if he's plain nuts, he'll bite you anyway, but if he's a reasonable dog, he'll leave you alone as you're not hurting him, but you can't go kick him in the ribs, scratch his nose and tease him without expecting him to become rash.

What I'm really trying to say here is, everyone's so quick off the mark to judge. Yes, I know domestic violence is an issue, but sometimes the views on here are very sexist, and everytime I open a thread on TSR about something a guy has done, there''ll be 98% of posters saying, leave him, dump him, get revenge, hurt him... But what maybe should be given more sensitivity and precedence, is the status and emotional value of these relationships which are being advised to be thrown away on a few personal external judgements.
Fair enough, at the end of the day you think that the treatment of yourself (guys and girls) was harsh enough to warrant leaving or removing yourself from the situation then go for it, but really think carefully about it, beause at the end of the day, its only those in these situation and with direct contact to those involved, who can decide what is best and how they feel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.32%
No - but I will (74)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (69)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (475)
48.17%

Watched Threads