Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambrosia_angel)
    I'm considering between fine art, english language and lit and possibly psychology... I have no idea. I'm good at art but knowing me I spend a lot of time on art. Its also a hobby for me too which is a bonus so it won't really be homework. More like down time.

Apparently universities like diversity.?
    My daughter did art as her 4th AS. It was hugely time-consuming but a really therapeutic contrast to her Chem/Bio/Maths. She got AAAA at AS and then got 3 interviews last year but no offers. This year she is resitting Chem (she got a B) so she has picked-up her art again to complete the A2. I suspect that her interest in art is part of the strength of her PS and she has had 4 interviews and 2 offers so far this year (one is at a Russell group Uni - although no-one with any sense would care whether their uni was Russell group or not for medicine as it really doesn't matter in the slightest). Many med schools run 'art in medicine' courses either as a student selected component or simply a research collaboration between med school and art department. Also there is research linking art and medicine and demonstrating that students training in art develop better observational skills and therefore do better in their clinical medicine training. The only other word of warning is that you need to be confident that you are A/A* level in art as many med schools look at your 4th subject and expect a decent level of achievement (traditionally many have required an A or B at AS for the 4th subject).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.