Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is the htc desire 620 better or worse? since the moto g has only 5gig free due to preinstalled apps? with the htc desire 620 it has a micro sd slot does it work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    is the htc desire 620 better or worse? since the moto g has only 5gig free due to preinstalled apps? with the htc desire 620 it has a micro sd slot does it work?
    The HTC Desire 620 will have the same or less amount of available storage as the Moto G- it's an 8GB phone holding the same operating system and also has to make room for the software skin they apply to Android, which the Moto G doesn't. You can put a micro SD in both the Moto G 2014 and Moto G 4G.

The Desire 620 is very similar the the Moto G 2014, they're near enough in hardware to say neither has a real advantage except for that the 620 has LTE if you were planning on getting on getting a 4G data plan. Compared to the 4G 2013 it's the same trade offs as vs the 2014 G- It's a smaller and more compact phone which means the same resolution screen will look sharper, but the speakers and camera are worse.

The big difference is software support. The Moto G has gotten updates to 5.0 extremely quickly, faster than almost every other manufacturer, so both are using the newest version of Android. The Desire 620 is stuck on 4.4 and HTC have no plans to update it.

EDIT: I've just found out they've started releasing a 4G version of the Moto G 2014 too, so the 620 loses that advantage over the larger G model op if it makes its way over to the UK soon.

ReputationRep:
    any new suggestion now? for a phone which is less than £200 and has decent internal memory aswell...i think 8gb is too small considering i want to download music,FB,whatsapp,snapchat and watch vids on youtube
    Gofre
    Saracen's Fez

ReputationRep:
    any new suggestion now? for a phone which is less than £200 and has decent internal memory aswell...i think 8gb is too small considering i want to download music,FB,whatsapp,snapchat and watch vids on youtube
    Gofre
    Saracen's Fez
    I got the motor g 4g for £80 on ebay from a big seller so I'd still advise that if you just want something fairly functional.

I'd get a note 3/nexus 5/oneplus one between £190-£230

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    I got the motor g 4g for £80 on ebay from a big seller so I'd still advise that if you just want something fairly functional.

I'd get a note 3/nexus 5/oneplus one between £190-£230

Posted from TSR Mobile
    moto g seems to have small internal memory tho...

ReputationRep:
    Gofre
    Saracen's Fez
    Check out the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, its spec sheet is excellent for such a cheap phone. I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet though. If you still have the ability to extend your budget to £200, the 16GB OnePlus One is the absolute best you can get. If you don't like that one for whatever reason, the Moto G still gets my vote.

As for memory, buy a microSD card if whatever phone you're looking at doesn't have enough for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Check out the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, its spec sheet is excellent for such a cheap phone. I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet though. If you still have the ability to extend your budget to £200, the 16GB OnePlus One is the absolute best you can get. If you don't like that one for whatever reason, the Moto G still gets my vote.

As for memory, buy a microSD card if whatever phone you're looking at doesn't have enough for you.
    does vodafone smart ultra have a front camera?

ReputationRep:
    does vodafone smart ultra have a front camera?
    Yes, 99% of smartphonesmartphones made on the last 5 years have front facing cameras.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yes, 99% of smartphonesmartphones made on the last 5 years have front facing cameras.
    tell that to my samsung galaxy young....

how does vodafone smart ultra compare to the moto g and the sony xperia M2?

ReputationRep:
    moto g seems to have small internal memory tho...
    Yeah it does but the 4g is expandable

I'd advise the note 3 or one plus one though if your looking for decent internal memory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tell that to my samsung galaxy young....

how does vodafone smart ultra compare to the moto g and the sony xperia M2?
    Hence 99%...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does but the 4g is expandable

I'd advise the note 3 or one plus one though if your looking for decent internal memory

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oneplusone isnt sold at carephone warehouse though?

and note 3 seems a bit pricey...

plus using an SD card isnt really useful for moving apps like facebook as their still registered on my phone when i try to move them anyway? or do you use an sd card for music?

ReputationRep:
    Quality phone, but get the 4G version. There are a fair few good competitors in that sub £150 bracket though

ReputationRep:
    does the moto g have a 16gb model?

and if i got a case with it do you think it would be fine?

can you use any earphones with the moto g?

oh yeah forgot to ask is the moto g compatiable with any network and can i do pay as you go(in theory its alot cheaper than contract as I'll be mostly whatsapping/communicating via FB)

lyricalvibe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Quality phone, but get the 4G version. There are a fair few good competitors in that sub £150 bracket though
    such as?

ReputationRep:
    oneplusone isnt sold at carephone warehouse though?

and note 3 seems a bit pricey...

plus using an SD card isnt really useful for moving apps like facebook as their still registered on my phone when i try to move them anyway? or do you use an sd card for music?
    Wait, since when was care phone warehouse a condition? I haven't really followed the thread :/ but you purchase on their website or ebay/amazon(they used to make you have an invitation to buy the phone, I think they've stopped it now but I'm not sure)

Preowned 200-250 from fairly trustworthy sellers, I know it's pushing the price tag but that's a phone you definitely wouldn't mind whipping out and if it was maintained well would probably last you a couple years even though it's preowned. + it's a really nice phone. ..

Yeah sd card would mainly be for music, and yeah, many apps can't be transferred or are only half transferred so it still used up allot of the internal storage which can be annoying. I use itube meaning all my music is automatically saved on the sd card but it's currently at like 17gb for several hundred songs and their associate YouTube videos...so music can consume allot of space

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait, since when was care phone warehouse a condition? I haven't really followed the thread :/ but you purchase on their website or ebay/amazon(they used to make you have an invitation to buy the phone, I think they've stopped it now but I'm not sure)

Preowned 200-250 from fairly trustworthy sellers, I know it's pushing the price tag but that's a phone you definitely wouldn't mind whipping out and if it was maintained well would probably last you a couple years even though it's preowned. + it's a really nice phone. ..

Yeah sd card would mainly be for music, and yeah, many apps can't be transferred or are only half transferred so it still used up allot of the internal storage which can be annoying. I use itube meaning all my music is automatically saved on the sd card but it's currently at like 17gb for several hundred songs and their associate YouTube videos...so music can consume allot of space

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah forgot to ask is the moto g compatiable with any network and can i do pay as you go(in theory its alot cheaper than contract as I'll be mostly whatsapping/communicating via FB)

ReputationRep:

and if i got a case with it do you think it would be fine?

lyricalvibe
    Yeah £89 for 1st gen £139 for 2nd. Just realised with £200 you could consider a moto x aswell
    I dropped mine without a case several times and all I got was a slight indent on a corner. But angles and stuff mean it could have been worse, it'd be fine with one tho.

Ofc, recommend these £5 pair on amazon from Panasonic .Ridiculously good quality for the price

I ithink so but just to be safe they should mentioned in description of products it'll probably say 'unlocked' or just open to all networks. Just a heads up, Giff gaff, £12 unlimited text and 3gb 3g.or 1gb 4g. But I guess with that much you might as well get a contract :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah £89 for 1st gen £139 for 2nd. Just realised with £200 you could consider a moto x aswell
    I dropped mine without a case several times and all I got was a slight indent on a corner. But angles and stuff mean it could have been worse, it'd be fine with one tho.

Ofc, recommend these £5 pair on amazon from Panasonic .Ridiculously good quality for the price

I ithink so but just to be safe they should mentioned in description of products it'll probably say 'unlocked' or just open to all networks. Just a heads up, Giff gaff, £12 unlimited text and 3gb 3g.or 1gb 4g. But I guess with that much you might as well get a contract :P
    so moto g 2nd gen they have a 16gb version? might have to ask my dad to buy that for me? can you link that to me?

do they give you a charger with the moto g when you buy it? what comes in the box?

ReputationRep:
    so moto g 2nd gen they have a 16gb version? might have to ask my dad to buy that for me? can you link that to me?

do they give you a charger with the moto g when you buy it? what comes in the box?
    I got it wrong I guess, when I got my moto I saved this link as the phone was listed as 16gb http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-5-I.../dp/B00UJAP24A
    Sorry It's only 8gb

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 15, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.