Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine97)
    bump, please someone??????
    Hi, Ill try to help as a I have used my brothers pass and been caught. You shouldnt have shown the freedom pass and the other guy is wrong, you will be taken to court. If you had simply not paid then they would have fined you but you have committed fraud.
    When they asked you to show your oyster you should have either ran or said you didnt have one/lost yours. Basically, you will be sent a letter where they will ask you to explain and confirm that you had been caught using your sisters pass. They will then fine you a couple hundred pounds and also take you to court. However, I dont know whether you will definitely get a criminal record. I have a friend who was taken to court but was just fined. My brother was taken to court too and I dont think he got a criminal record for it (he bought one of them child tickets but didnt commit fraud). I got caught using my brothers but I got out of it. I will explain to you in detail what I did.

Also, dont listen to these lot who say "well you should have just paid the fare". Sometimes we make stupid mistakes. Its not that deep. People on tsr are top snitches lol

ReputationRep:
    I am not aware of the reasons why your sister has a freedom pass. I view it as not a stupid mistake, more a deliberate attempt to avoid paying. If you are taken to court, which I hope you are, the best you could do is to point out no previous convictions and plead for sympathy.

Think of it this way, would anyone have any sympathy if you were hungry and took a sandwich from a shop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidtyoember)
    did it get siezed?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I am not aware of the reasons why your sister has a freedom pass. I view it as not a stupid mistake, more a deliberate attempt to avoid paying. If you are taken to court, which I hope you are, the best you could do is to point out no previous convictions and plead for sympathy.

Think of it this way, would anyone have any sympathy if you were hungry and took a sandwich from a shop?
    So I should be taken to court, get a criminal record and be kicked out of pharmacy school and my life should be ruined for this mistake? is that what you want? I am deeply sorry for what I did but does this mistake really make me deserving of having to live the next 60 years of my working life in misery? Pharmacy is what I've always wanted to do and it's what I reallyyy really enjoy and I can't imagine myself doing anything else. I am willing to pay ANYTHING, and do hours of community service, heck I'd even be willing to do months of jail time, I just don't want a criminal record and risk losing my degree or never being able to register on the register of pharmacist. What I did was stupid and I soo wish I could turn back the clock and have never used the card in the first place. There's no excuse for what I did, financial issues or not. I deserve to be punished but not like this, losing my career is too much. My career is my life and I can't lose this. I worked too hard for this, I can't lose it like this.

ReputationRep:
    I would literally pay ANYTHING just to not get a criminal record
    Anything? Would you commit another criminal act to have your record cleared?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Anything? Would you commit another criminal act to have your record cleared?
    No of course not, in a way I'm kind of glad I got caught because now I can pay for what I did and help clear my conscience, as I feel very guilty. I just think a criminal record (i.e. taking my career away from me) is too much (,read my above post). I'm willing to do anything to compensate to tfl for this, not just for my career but also to help clear my conscience, just not a criminal record.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you'd get a criminal record.

Surely it's a civil matter rather than criminal?

ReputationRep:
    If I get a criminal record for fare evasion (used someone elses freedom pass) will this get me kicked out of pharmacy school or affect my future employment as a pharmacist?
    You'll be made to pay a fine and that's it, chill. Unless this is your fifth time it whatever of getting caught then you have nothing to worry about. Tbh, you could have easily given them fake details and they would have been none the wiser, not that I advocate that, but I know people who have done so.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what the verdict was on all this? Did you get a criminal record for it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi can I ask what the outcome was of this please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.