Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A-level (final year) A2 exam pressure?! :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty ludicrous to think you have no time to revise now. You need to take little steps at a time and make sure your plans/structure is realistic. Stress is an inevitable path we must all take at this time, some experience it more than others you just need to find ways to address it like watching your diet,getting a good nights sleep and exercise regularly. Organisation is a MASSIVE factor that will influence your revision performance so its important to not get into a situation where you cant find things like notes when you are in exam turf so just stay calm and DONT WORRY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasonpt)
    Its pretty ludicrous to think you have no time to revise now. You need to take little steps at a time and make sure your plans/structure is realistic. Stress is an inevitable path we must all take at this time, some experience it more than others you just need to find ways to address it like watching your diet,getting a good nights sleep and exercise regularly. Organisation is a MASSIVE factor that will influence your revision performance so its important to not get into a situation where you cant find things like notes when you are in exam turf so just stay calm and DONT WORRY
    Thank you so much for this piece of advice. I guess i do have time, but it's just the anxious feelings im going through idk. But Im going to start actual proper revision from tomorrow.
    Are you doing a levels too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theTeddyBearx)
    Hi everyone, so basically I'm in year 13 and obviously this year is going to be the toughest year of my life as I desperately want to get into university and therefore the pressure is totally on me to revise a lot

So the problem is this. Obviously from September 2014 I started year 13 and so I had a lot of stress regarding UCAS. You know how it is, working on personal statement, deciding for unis and etc, etc... all this took me until November 6th to complete which is when I finally submitted off my UCAS. Luckily for me, I received all my offers within 2 weeks, my final offer from University of Birmingham was received on November 22nd. Now at this point I'm really happy because I can finally dedicate my time and onwards to exams only. However, 2 months have gone by without me even doing any revision whatsoever and now it's suddenly the end of January and I realise the very little amount of exam prep I have done I am crying as I type this because it's my fault for wasting all this time doing absolutely nothing I guess I was trying to give myself like a 2 month break or something due to the UCAS stress so I dunno, please don't ask about this, I know it's my fault... but seriously for the past 3 days I have been thinking about my future and whether or not I will get good grades...I'm crying because I feel like I'm not gonna achieve atleast grades ABC (this is what I need to get into Uni of Birmingham from the A2B offer).. you won't believe it, I am under so much stress and I'm crying because I feel as though I have not got enough time to get through all the revision I do a-level law, philosophy/religion, and ict... I need advice... with just over 90 days to go, will I be able to revise for my exams? I have 3 resits from AS, and an additional 4 A2 exams... ICT is only coursework and I'm okay with that because I should get a B by the end of this year...but seriously, why do I feel so depressed? I literally cannot stop crying, like I have been having a headache all day today and just yeah, I can't describe how depressed I feel also, please don't tell me how I can retake the year because I'm not willing to do that...I just want to ace my exams this year and get into uni..

oh and by the way my predictions for the end of my a-level examinations is AAB
    You're a noob for crying so early.......

You have got soooo much time you could easily achieve A*s across the board if you dedicated yourself to it mate...
    Starting on Monday you're staying after school every single day until they fkn lock up doing your ict coursework getting it to at least 99/100 marks.
    You come from school you get changed, eat, drink, sh*t 30 mins max go to your room and always say at 7pm you go and get your study sh*t out on your desk, this way you know you're only opening your books at 7 and when they're open it's much easier to work.

Turn off your phone, go off tsr don't check out the latest posts don't bother getting motivated.

Motivate yourself once! When you're motivated you commit yourself to doing this every single day, don't care if your arm is broke, or if both arms are broke, you dedicate yourself so much that you write with your mouth if you have to.
    Watch some motivational sh*t now, think about your future and commit yourself to achieving this ONCE and then you just do it, until you fkn succeed.
    Got it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)
    You're a noob for crying so early.......

You have got soooo much time you could easily achieve A*s across the board if you dedicated yourself to it mate...
    Starting on Monday you're staying after school every single day until they fkn lock up doing your ict coursework getting it to at least 99/100 marks.
    You come from school you get change, eat, drink, sh*t 30 mins max go to your room and always say at 7pm you go and get your study sh*t out on your desk, this way you know you're only opening your books at 7 and when they're open it's much easier to work.

Turn off your phone, go off tsr don't check out the latest posts don't bother getting motivated.

Motivate yourself once! When you're motivated you commit yourself to doing this every single day, don't care if your arm is broke, or if both arms are broke, you dedicate yourself so much that you write with your mouth if you have to.
    Watch some motivational sh*t now, think about your future and commit yourself to achieving this ONCE and then you just do it, until you fkn succeed.
    Got it?
    OMG you actually motivated me, lol, thank you, got it!

ReputationRep:
    OMG you actually motivated me, lol, thank you, got it!
    Motivation is bullsh*t, what you my friend need is commitment, discipline and a strong work ethic.
    Try to save the way you think right now, idk make a voice memo on your phone talking to yourself about what's in your head, how hard it is, how you're struggling and how much you want to succeed, so that you can refer to this on your downs.
    Write on a piece of paper when you need to do to succeed and how you're going to go about achieving it and repeat it every single day until you get there.
    If you're really committed, if you're willing to do whatever it takes to get it, you'll turn off tsr and only come back in June after your last exam to write me a private message of how you've just got accepted into Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)
    Motivation is bullsh*t, what you my friend need is commitment, discipline and a strong work ethic.
    Try to save the way you think right now, idk make a voice memo on your phone talking to yourself about what's in your head, how hard it is, how you're struggling and how much you want to succeed, so that you can refer to this on your downs.
    Write on a piece of paper when you need to do to succeed and how you're going to go about achieving it and repeat it every single day until you get there.
    If you're really committed, if you're willing to do whatever it takes to get it, you'll turn off tsr and only come back in June after your last exam to write me a private message of how you've just got accepted into Birmingham.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL thanks, I'm gonna get off tsr when it's revision time. Don't worry, I'm not that addicted to it!!! And yeah I hope I do get into Uni of Birmingham, thanks again, you should motivate like an entire nation of a level students

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for this piece of advice. I guess i do have time, but it's just the anxious feelings im going through idk. But Im going to start actual proper revision from tomorrow.
    Are you doing a levels too?
    Yes, I am doing my A-levels at the moment and I'm already seeing the benefits of filing my notes in big folders with dividers. The feelings you have in your head I suspect are irrational fears possibly from past experiences in mock exams? Revising tomorrow is a smart move just don't go over the top with it, time is your friend at the moment this way you wont be the person who runs out of it.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL thanks, I'm gonna get off tsr when it's revision time. Don't worry, I'm not that addicted to it!!! And yeah I hope I do get into Uni of Birmingham, thanks again, you should motivate like an entire nation of a level students
    If only I could get myself up and running I'd be happy xd... I need to listen to myself rather than helping others which will eventually be competition on the job market
    But yeah today you probably won't fall asleep soon your head is probably way too busy thinking, so get yourself ready tomorrow when your life changes.
    The words I've just said won't have as strong impact as they have when said first time, so don't go off it, at least until you get to your uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasonpt)
    Yes, I am doing my A-levels at the moment and I'm already seeing the benefits of filing my notes in big folders with dividers. The feelings you have in your head I suspect are irrational fears possibly from past experiences in mock exams? Revising tomorrow is a smart move just don't go over the top with it, time is your friend at the moment this way you wont be the person who runs out of it.
    Yeah you're right but good luck with your studies and thank you

ReputationRep:
    no lol

ReputationRep:
    Revision daily is key. Also, ask teachers to mark exam papers for you from past exams, they're there to help you and most likely will if you're showing dedication. Look up examiner reviews of past papers to see where people went wrong/how they want you to answer so you will know what to include when the time comes.

Also, look after yourself. Sleep well, drink water, and have time for yourself and relaxing. Over stressing and non-stop working will drain you. Mental and physical well-being are necessary.

You'll get there, I promise. Good luck to all of you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.