?
Report 12 years ago
Deleted.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i thought the lectures would be interesting, ha, school was better. i didnt expect so much pointless stuff.

i thought we'd be assessed continually, but nothing i've done has been assessed yet. All i've really *had* to do is turn up to med soc and blag PBL sessions.

i thought i'd work more, that i'd want to work. But no-one seems to care how i'm doing, some of it's quite hard, so why bother.

and as everyone else seems to have said, i didnt realise that most people here seem to think the only way to have a good time is to get totally rendered.
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PoisonJam)
You've been to Walkabout on a Friday haven't you? :P
Oh yeah!

And I got punched in the face just for walking through ****zies! Luckily I was so blocked I just kinda looked at her and walked off looking for another drink
Bubblebee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ooops double post!
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I expected lots of really sociable people and much fun and parties.
I got put in the most antisocial halls imagineable. That and warwick people can be pretty dry.
Mubz
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
The fact that they take registers in lectures and do you over if your attendace is ****. I thought it was supposed to be more relaxed than school, but on my course its well strict. That and other students telling me to shut up when i'm talkin to mates in the middle of a lecture!
Rolli!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mubz)
The fact that they take registers in lectures and do you over if your attendace is ****. I thought it was supposed to be more relaxed than school, but on my course its well strict. That and other students telling me to shut up when i'm talkin to mates in the middle of a lecture!

Well people talking in lectures is ****ing annoying.

So your problems with uni are that they expect you to attend lectures, and that other students would rather listen to the lecturer than you.

I think you are an ********
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree with taking registers in lectures being an example of taking the piss. You're old enough to decide if you attend or not and to make that decision taking the consequences into account. You're not a little kid and I object to being chased up every time I'm ill.

Talking during lectures, on the other hand, is really annoying. I'd tell you to shut up too.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Personally? I really thought people would be more mature. I didn't expect to find (for the most part) a flock of sheep who seem to take delight in smoking Marlboro Lights, drinking and clubbing excessively, and jumping up and down squealing at one another.

I have found friends, don't get me wrong, but the sheer numbers of this kind of person at uni is WORRYING.
(Original post by stevo23e)
^ you thought university was just for level headed intellectuals? so did i, didnt expect to find chav style academics at uni so much

Yes, I was expecting more intellectuals, people who could spew out the occasional artistic or insightful thought now and again, more people who actually had a passion for their course etc.

Not to say these people don't exist, but there are lots of morons too.

I honestly can't complain one bit about the academic side of things though. It's been absolutely ideal. Perhaps everything is a bit rushed - they try to fit courses into a semester which, when you think about it, isn't that long. Oh yes, and exams at the start of December ruin the run-up to Xmas a bit.

(Original post by Mubz)
The fact that they take registers in lectures and do you over if your attendace is ****. I thought it was supposed to be more relaxed than school, but on my course its well strict.
Seems to depend on the course.

I'm doing law, and I can't think of anything that attendance is actually compulsory in (other than exams) in the last three years.

I did have one of my tutors give me a fairly light-hearted ****ging off for being the last one in the door 'when I decide to get out of bed in the morning', but they don't really mind and there's no official sanctions for not showing up.
ellewoods
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lib North)
Oh yes, and exams at the start of December ruin the run-up to Xmas a bit
Our exams were in January; ruined the whole of Christmas
princessx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree with taking registers in lectures being an example of taking the piss. You're old enough to decide if you attend or not and to make that decision taking the consequences into account. You're not a little kid and I object to being chased up every time I'm ill.

Talking during lectures, on the other hand, is really annoying. I'd tell you to shut up too.

if lecturers want u to go they should make them worth going to. some of mine just say print off the notes and bring them to the lecture then they just read them. as if i couldnt just do that at home.
The Boosh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Personally? I really thought people would be more mature. I didn't expect to find (for the most part) a flock of sheep who seem to take delight in smoking Marlboro Lights, drinking and clubbing excessively, and jumping up and down squealing at one another.

I have found friends, don't get me wrong, but the sheer numbers of this kind of person at uni is WORRYING.
thats what uni is all about!!!!
Bubblebee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Boosh)
thats what uni is all about!!!!
Nah, Marlboro Lights are far too expensive :rolleyes:
The Boosh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bubblebee)
Nah, Marlboro Lights are far too expensive :rolleyes:
lol
sugarmouse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I expected it to be more organised.And I expected it to be more collective, and the people (as was said above) to be less interested in gettin pissed contstantly, and more interested in the intellectual side of it.Sorry if thats boring!
Shockley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The reason why my uni takes a register is so if you do badly in your exams, you don't really have an excuse.
Bubblebee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sugarmouse)
I expected it to be more organised.And I expected it to be more collective, and the people (as was said above) to be less interested in gettin pissed contstantly, and more interested in the intellectual side of it.Sorry if thats boring!
hehe, maybe we should swap uni's!

It's like here, hardly anyone on my course chills out at anypoint in the week! They are all pretty anti-social and I'm not sure how they could be intimidated by me!
meesh
Report 12 years ago
dint expect;

It to be so dificult fittin it
i'd feel so alone
to get this much work so quickly
that i'd not b interested in the social things they hav goin on here
that no1 seems to be passionate about anything or have genuine interests
that i'd want to leave
L0RA
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The damn fire alarms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Apart from that its pretty damn good. I was fortunate enough to be put in a flat where everyone gets on and to meet some really good people in the first week. Everything is about partying but so what? You either join them or stay at home.

i didnt expect to have so little time in Uni - 2 days a week but it means i have time to do work during the day and go out at night.
crushedfruit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What wasn't I expecting? Hmmm..
1. That I'd have lectures/seminars everyday - I was hoping for a couple of days and more free time
2. That the workload so far hasn't been hard at all
3. That weekends are dry on the whole in comparison to the week (especially nights early in the week)
4. That you can't rely on admin for anything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads