I lie about my virginity Watch

LadyEnglish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well obviously you can't do anything about the lies, but i don't think its that bad, im sure a lot of people lie to make themselves 'look better', why are you letting it get to you so much? try focusing more on the girl-friends you do have instead of worrying about getting new ones x
HerRoyalHighness
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
I wouldn't worry, what annoys me is this social expectation that you have to lose it by a certain age. Wait for someone special and don't be ashamed that you have not lost it. Honestly, there is more important stuff to think about. But don't lie about it, isn't that more embarrassing then anything else?
-TMG-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why lie about it? That's really immature and stupid. Grow up, little boy :p:
libertin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
An older friend of mine, who was a bit of a "socially awkward" type to be blunt, found it hard to get girlfriends and stuff. And for some reason, losing his virginity was so so important to him that in the end he ended up hiring out a prossie. However, since then he has really regretted it, and when he did finally get a girlfriend. He didn't want to lie to her and so told her about it and she dumped him!

The moral to this story is, just wait. Lie if you want to, to your mates because it's only a little white lie. But when you finally get a partner (because you will eventually, you have another 70 or so more years to find her), just tell her the truth. The chances are she will respect you more for it.
wackysparkle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
its always better to wait for the perfect person. It shouldn't matter what other people think--- okay so you lied!--- but so what! its not their life - its yours. you can do what ever you want - and you shouldn't have to worry about what other people think! --- remember - its your life, and only yours.

And no, i don't think that you are some sad, desperate person! you are just shy by the looks of it, and believe it or not, but girls like the ones who aren't so over-the-top, shy is good! --- you just haven't met her yet, but trust me,,, she's looking for you too---
indy_punk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I find it weird when you are in a group and you are asked to talk about your sex life.
You could just not bring it up or stand up for it.So being a virgin makes you less attractive? A loser? You need a new group of people you socialize with if virginity is an issue. Regardless if anyone has slept with 12 people or none it shouldnt matter - be yourself.
dhutch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
just insecure about the fact that I've lied, lied, lied so much but cant do anything about it :mad:
Yeah, its a bit of pisser, the whole things just a mess!
- But tbh, its nothing to be a ashamed of really, im still a virgin and will be 20 in may (DOH!!).

Daniel
dijon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi, sounds like your self esteem attacks are holding you back. One thing that has helped me enormously is not talking to myself in a negative way. So never tell yourself things like " i'm such a loser for lying about my virginity", don't do it. I used to talk to myself negatively, if you tell yourself something enough times you will begin to believe it. So instead of talking yourself down, try to build yourself up. There's plenty of resources on the net to help build self-esteem, hope this helps
floss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
a couple of my friends are still virgins.. kinda admire them for it.. they've both had the chance but didn't as they knew they could do better..

i don't regret losing mine at 16 but then i was in, what i believed to be, a secure and loving relationship and that's how we should all want to lose it i think xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.35%
No - but I will (77)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.02%

Watched Threads