The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tomber
A friend of mine transferred from Oxford (St Catherines) to Leeds this year, she disliked the style of teaching at Oxford and has no regrets. She was studying biochemistry or something along those lines; as someone else above said, any English course will require a great degree of self directed learning, I do history and it is largely self taught. (I think she really just wanted to be near her boyfriend :tongue:)

Does anyone know if this works the other way around? If Oxford losses a few students would they accept a transfer from another uni?
Reply 21
arod
Does anyone know if this works the other way around? If Oxford losses a few students would they accept a transfer from another uni?

No. They only lose 1-2% including drop outs and transfers.
Reply 22
arod

Oxford states that it doesn't accept any transfer students, so sadly not.
Reply 23
Drogue
Oxford states that it doesn't accept any transfer students, so sadly not.

Reminds me of a story my dad once told me. A business colleague he met was talking about how his son had just started his 2nd year at Uni. However, he'd spent the first year studying Engineering at Sheffield and then because he'd "done so well" transferred to 'Oxford University' for his 2nd and subsequent years. My dad was rather suprised by this and asked what college his son went to. The father then replied "oh Brookes College"...turns out his son had tricked him into thinking Brookes was part of Oxford - oops!
Reply 24
Hoofbeat
Reminds me of a story my dad once told me. A business colleague he met was talking about how his son had just started his 2nd year at Uni. However, he'd spent the first year studying Engineering at Sheffield and then because he'd "done so well" transferred to 'Oxford University' for his 2nd and subsequent years. My dad was rather suprised by this and asked what college his son went to. The father then replied "oh Brookes College"...turns out his son had tricked him into thinking Brookes was part of Oxford - oops!

:eek:

I can just imagine the pain, horror, and humiliation!
Reply 25
I don't mean to be rude, but you go to Oxford for English and you don't even know to spell "definitely" and "it's" properly? How did you get past the interview?

Nice one!... Tosser

Latest

Trending

Trending