transferring from oxford? Watch

arod
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tomber)
A friend of mine transferred from Oxford (St Catherines) to Leeds this year, she disliked the style of teaching at Oxford and has no regrets. She was studying biochemistry or something along those lines; as someone else above said, any English course will require a great degree of self directed learning, I do history and it is largely self taught. (I think she really just wanted to be near her boyfriend )
Does anyone know if this works the other way around? If Oxford losses a few students would they accept a transfer from another uni?
allymcb2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by arod)
Does anyone know if this works the other way around? If Oxford losses a few students would they accept a transfer from another uni?
No. They only lose 1-2% including drop outs and transfers.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by arod)
Oxford states that it doesn't accept any transfer students, so sadly not.
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Drogue)
Oxford states that it doesn't accept any transfer students, so sadly not.
Reminds me of a story my dad once told me. A business colleague he met was talking about how his son had just started his 2nd year at Uni. However, he'd spent the first year studying Engineering at Sheffield and then because he'd "done so well" transferred to 'Oxford University' for his 2nd and subsequent years. My dad was rather suprised by this and asked what college his son went to. The father then replied "oh Brookes College"...turns out his son had tricked him into thinking Brookes was part of Oxford - oops!
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hoofbeat)
Reminds me of a story my dad once told me. A business colleague he met was talking about how his son had just started his 2nd year at Uni. However, he'd spent the first year studying Engineering at Sheffield and then because he'd "done so well" transferred to 'Oxford University' for his 2nd and subsequent years. My dad was rather suprised by this and asked what college his son went to. The father then replied "oh Brookes College"...turns out his son had tricked him into thinking Brookes was part of Oxford - oops!
:eek:

I can just imagine the pain, horror, and humiliation!
Prometheus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't mean to be rude, but you go to Oxford for English and you don't even know to spell "definitely" and "it's" properly? How did you get past the interview?
Nice one!... Tosser
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads