Price of Accommodation Watch

holly_golightly
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
When paying my deposit for my new room (if i look out the window i can now see my next year's room :P) i was told the price would increase by between 3 and 5%.

I totally agree about the interest though- just think how much they'll be earning from us- wonder what they'll spend it on...
floss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hopefully better locks on the front doors of the houses!! our's worked perfectly until some emn came to do work on them and now they don't shut unless you push them closed from the outside.. it's near impossible from the inside as there is no handle!!
Beigel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im going off campus next year - cant afford to stay on campus. we got it cheap this year because of all the confusion in knocking down grizedale. its ridiculous that they can make students (who are renoundly poor!) pay that much!
floss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Beigel)
im going off campus next year - cant afford to stay on campus. we got it cheap this year because of all the confusion in knocking down grizedale. its ridiculous that they can make students (who are renoundly poor!) pay that much!

how much are you paying for george fox?
LubyLoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have heard Grizedale students on Alexandra Park are paying £60 a week. Is this true?
floss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Pendle people living on alex park aren't paying as much as lonsdale and cartmel...
holly_golightly
Report 12 years ago
Really???? How is that fair?
LubyLoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Right. To LUSU I say!
RubyEm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£60! I wish! Grizedale students on Alex Park are paying err £79.80 or whatever the pence was. £79.something anyway!

I know it's the same accommodation but I'd personally much rather be in Lonsdale/Cartmel cause we don't have anything really of our own as such, just plonked in the middle of Lonsdale. Oh well cest la vie.
rave_on
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
guess what??? county south where i am now is going up next year, yep yep. it was about 80 this year and is gonna be about 86 next year fyi. so glad am getting out! hopefully into a house where its 65 all bills included, internet included and a tv liscence woooo, good deal no? the place was posted somewhere round here the other day x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (292)
37.63%
No - but I will (55)
7.09%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed