This discussion is closed.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by O133)
It was indeed. This bill makes it a flag only for the MHoC as an institution and restored the Union Flag as a flag for the nation.
I will stick by the original intent for it to be the national flag. I think if we want to change the flag we should do a similar thing as was done previously.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nearly nayed this by accident :lol:

Aye.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please change my vote to an aye as I have made a mistake in thinking this was Aph's bill to replace the flag.

(Original post by Toronto353)
x
toronto353
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Please change my vote to an aye as I have made a mistake in thinking this was Aph's bill to replace the flag.
Sorted.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love how this almost turned into the biggest accidental voting spree in MHoC history:lol: and why don't the right want a referendum to change the national institution which Is the flag?
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am I the only one who actually read the bill before voting?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I love how this almost turned into the biggest accidental voting spree in MHoC history:lol: and why don't the right want a referendum to change the national institution which Is the flag?
Because i like the British flag. It's bold and pretty.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Because i like the British flag. It's bold and pretty.
The hypocracy, call a referendum when it suits you and now when it happens to be something you agree with you don't care.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
The hypocracy, call a referendum when it suits you and now when it happens to be something you agree with you don't care.
I called a monarchy referendum and even campaigned against the monarchy.. it's you guys that rejected that making all other referenda effectively pointless since you won't respect the result.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
What?

You don't vote for a referendum if you don't want the change. I would be voting against an EU referendum for example because I support continued EU membership.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I called a monarchy referendum and even campaigned against the monarchy.. it's you guys that rejected that making all other referenda effectively pointless since you won't respect the result.
1) I wasn't active in the house then
2) the greens have changed their mind
3) new referendum legislation has been brought it.
(Original post by O133)
What?

You don't vote for a referendum if you don't want the change. I would be voting against an EU referendum for example because I support continued EU membership.
But you are changing, you are changing the flag that was decided a referendum without a referendum.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by O133)
What?

Actually i did do that with the monarchy despite supporting the Republicans. That was more because i support affirmation though.

In RL i oppose all national referenda.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
But you are changing, you are changing the flag that was decided a referendum without a referendum.
Was there the option of the status quo though?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Was there the option of the status quo though?
I would have to check the subsequent referendum but I would assume so.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aye!
toronto353
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The Ayes to the right: 31
The Noes to the left: 8
Abstentions: 2

The Ayes have it! The Ayes have it! Unlock!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (35)
17.24%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (86)
42.36%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
40.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise