Special k diet? Watch

Juncture
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ellen_26)
I tried it and it didn't work very well. Then i read the smallprint at the bottom and it says the diet only works if your bmi is over 25, i.e if you are classed as 'obese'. Sneaky buggers! (Unless you are over 25 bmi of course)
I'm sorry but having a BMI over 25 does NOT mean you are obese, having a BMI between 25 and 29.9 classes as overweight not obese, if you are obese you have a BMI over 30

And most "diets" are designed for people with a BMI over 25 as usually people with a BMI don't need to lose that much weight really
TheWildChild
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmmm, i usually just have cornflakes for lunch and breakfast anyway just cos its quick and easy. and have a big fat dinner! with lots of fruit inbetween.
tinkerbellejess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ellen_26)
I tried it and it didn't work very well. Then i read the smallprint at the bottom and it says the diet only works if your bmi is over 25, i.e if you are classed as 'obese'. Sneaky buggers! (Unless you are over 25 bmi of course)
Also it contains a load of sugar, not good!
If i were you, i would Stick with normal meals, just make sure they're balanced. Also they say have 6 smaller meals a day rather than 3 main ones as its better for your metabolism.
And i'm going to get one of those z-list celebs fitness dvds too. (i hate the gym) just so me an my friends can have a laugh without being seen by other people!
A BMI of 25 is not obese, that's at the top of the healthy range, not even overweight
Juncture
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tinkerbellejess)
A BMI of 25 is not obese, that's at the top of the healthy range, not even overweight
25 is overweight, but only just, 24.9 is the top end of the healthy range apparently, although i'll just double check that on a different site to the one i normall use

These are the weight ranges, set by the World Health Organisation:

* If your BMI is less than 18.4 you are underweight for your height.
* If your BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9 you're an ideal weight for your height.
* If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9 you’re over the ideal weight for your height.
* If your BMI is between 30 and 39.9 you're obese.
* If your BMI is over 40 you're very obese.
From the NHS website
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yuk, I'm so sick of Special K I tried, I did try.
kaleidoscope42
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The diet sounds a bit rubbish! I wouldn't do it.
Hot and Spicy
Report 12 years ago
I have attempted it twice, but never made it thru the whole 2 weeks! I got sooo bored of cereal after the 1st few days and felt really hungry all the time, so personally I dont think its too good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.7%
Excited (151)
9%
Worried (303)
18.07%
Terrified (375)
22.36%
Meh (156)
9.3%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (230)
13.71%
Impatient (212)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise