People being meaner to Pretty girls? Watch

scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
Fair point, but I don't know why if a guy think a girl is ugly and knows he doens't want to get with her he will lead her on by flirting
Probably because flirting is fun in and of itself? Even failing that, if the ugly girl has a forward personality and is flirting at you you can't really not respond, it would be awkward.
Valvopus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't know, I've heard that kind of thing because guys at uni are lovely. Generally though if somebody is attractive the Halo Effect kicks in.
For those too lazy to google it's a phenomenon where people judge more attractive people as kinder, smarter, and generally 'good' compared to less attractive people.
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
if the ugly girl has a forward personality and is flirting at you you can't really not respond, it would be awkward.
Explain again?
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes it happens it's called jealousy and hate.
-Rainbow Drops-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm usually scared to talk to good looking males or females because well I dont think I'm pretty so talking to people who are more average looking is easier for me, so I sort of assume good looking people are going to be *****y/stuck up when they could be really nice. But then most of my friends are really attractive. I dont even know what I'm getting at 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
SloaneRanger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Inazuma)
I can attest to that fact that in my political circles, the other females (though up to 10yrs my senior) are rather *****y. To the point that I walk in in my evening dress to them very openly being catty with each other.
It's quite irritating as I've never been anything but nice and I'm not even as outgoing as them naturally

Never known it from guys - would be curious why though? But then I tend to find most flirt if they're after something and OP sounds more like just for fun.
Nothing wrong with someone marking their territory though. But men and women are influenced sexual desire, thats the only way to get what you want, then so be it! Thats how value is determined by certain individuals. Im sure when your dolled up you can influence others.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I see more uglier girls receiving such treatment than pretty girls.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
I see more uglier girls receiving such treatment than pretty girls.
True sometimes
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
It wasn't like that at my school at all - the pretty girls were extremely popular and almost worshipped. The ugly ones were generally laughed at and called names/insults :dong: :sigh: :erm:
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
It wasn't like that at my school at all - the pretty girls were extremely popular and almost worshipped. The ugly ones were generally laughed at and called names/insults :dong: :sigh: :erm:
Have you received such treatment?
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
Yes, though my sister had it worse.
I don't believe you :unimpressed:
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My mates were chatting earlier (a lot of them are player type guys) and they said that they tend to flirt more/be kinder to girls they find relatively unattractive, or girls who are overweight because "they know its [flirting] is just banter" and "pretty girls need to be taken down a peg" whilst "ugly girls need love."

I often also see girls being meaner to other girls who dress nicely etc., although such girls are often outgoing. At school I knew an attractive girl who was also nice but people saw her as a pushover and resented her a lot and in the end she switched schools

Are pretty girls really treated nicer?
So, your mates sound like complete arses. Treat people as they treat you. Of course pretty girls will get a lot of interest and I don't think you will easily take them down a peg or two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads