I'm a British Pakistani, AMA Watch

Jgco2chem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hassansheikh)
Pakistan might be a terrible place but Pakistanis are not.
I've been very unlucky to meet a nice genuine pakistani and I haven't given up on them i will join their society at uni to find a genuine pakistani so I can stop stereotyping them.
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
How often do you read books?

Are you going to be an engineer or doctor?

What shade of brown are you?

How would you feel if your sister or (future) daughter had a boyfriend? Especially if he was a non-Muslim?
not often, not a big reader

Accountant, my choice though, mum wanted me to be a doctor lol.

not sure how to say, average, on the lighter brown side?

My sister had a non-muslim boyfriend once. (Though was a long time ago) However she is married to her boyfriend now who is a Muslim. I don't mind as long as the guy is decent.
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by CarpeDiem.)
Another one?

Alright, are you able to communicate in Urdu? If yes, then how weird is your accent?
yep

Yeah, not too weird, I can speak it fluently, I speak it everyday at home.
hassansheikh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jgco2chem)
I've been very unlucky to meet a nice genuine pakistani and I haven't given up on them i will join their society at uni to find a genuine pakistani so I can stop stereotyping them.
Pakistan is full of sincere and good people, don't worry one day you will meet the true Pakistanis.
nuraf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been to Pakistan FATA region once with my uncle lol, loved mountains but damn there was nothing else lol
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by nuraf)
I've been to Pakistan FATA region once with my uncle lol, loved mountains but damn there was nothing else lol
I'm assuming you're Pashtun then?

I've never been there, Punjab is mostly flat and can get very warm
nuraf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cake_lover)
I'm assuming you're Pashtun then?

I've never been there, Punjab is mostly flat and can get very warm
no i'm uzbek lol. I have family in Afghanistan but I went with my uncle to pakistan through the border once lol just to visit.
coolgirlaamy
Report 4 years ago
Considering you're from the lahore side, are you arain?
nuraf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
op post some pakistan songs for me to check out lol
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by nuraf)
no i'm uzbek lol. I have family in Afghanistan but I went with my uncle to pakistan through the border once lol just to visit.
ah right that's pretty cool. It's not very populated I don't think at least not like other parts of the country.

Been to Uzbekistan? How is it there?
nuraf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ah right that's pretty cool. It's not very populated I don't think at least not like other parts of the country.

Been to Uzbekistan? How is it there?
lol it's getting there lets say, it's my home country so I guess i love it.

how is the 'true' pakistan?
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by coolgirlaamy)
Considering you're from the lahore side, are you arain?
Yes I am! Is Lahore mostly full of Arain? I thought we wearn't that large in number
coolgirlaamy
Report 4 years ago
Yes I am! Is Lahore mostly full of Arain? I thought we wearn't that large in number
Yeah i think it's just that general area in pakistan where everyone is mostly arain
Ravenous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah i think it's just that general area in pakistan where everyone is mostly arain
I seriously doubt most people there are Arain, it has a population of 10 million and many of them are Jatt and Gujjar etc.
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by nuraf)
lol it's getting there lets say, it's my home country so I guess i love it.

how is the 'true' pakistan?
Fair enough

It's a nice place, lots of beauty and history. It is also diverse with different types of people, so were all have something unique about our culture. Lahore is perhaps the most cultural city, and mostly peaceful but still has problems now and then :/ Karachi is the financial centre which is the most diverse, as lots of people from India moved there during independence. Overall nice country, but the government is very corrupt and there is a terrorism issue.

In terms of "pakistani" songs, I tend to listen to Punjabi songs mostly sung by Indian Punjabi's lol. Here's my favourite at the moment (a modern style of song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAKxSnb23Zc

Here's more a classical type from Pakistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjaH2iuoYWE
cake_lover
Rep:
?

(Original post by Ravenous)
I seriously doubt most people there are Arain, it has a population of 10 million and many of them are Jatt and Gujjar etc.
Yeah I thought it would be mostly Jatt or something. Although that was me guessing. You made a good guess though haha
nuraf
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair enough

It's a nice place, lots of beauty and history. It is also diverse with different types of people, so were all have something unique about our culture. Lahore is perhaps the most cultural city, and mostly peaceful but still has problems now and then :/ Karachi is the financial centre which is the most diverse, as lots of people from India moved there during independence. Overall nice country, but the government is very corrupt and there is a terrorism issue.

In terms of "pakistani" songs, I tend to listen to Punjabi songs mostly sung by Indian Punjabi's lol. Here's my favourite at the moment (a modern style of song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAKxSnb23Zc

Here's more a classical type from Pakistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjaH2iuoYWE
lol for some reason both afghanistan and pakistan seem similar to me even though the two countries hate other i think
coolgirlaamy
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ravenous)
Tbh I don't really have much idea about the castes in pakistan so I'm kinda just making things up according to the little I do know lol :-P
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by nuraf)
lol for some reason both afghanistan and pakistan seem similar to me even though the two countries hate other i think
That is similar for the guys in the North (the Pashtuns, as many Pashtuns live in Afghanistan too)

There is perhaps some similarities, but for us we see ourselves as different, and tbh we have more in common culturally and historically with Indians. (Depending on which region from Pakistan you are from I guess).

I believe there is some hatred, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the reasons for it
PPF
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My question: Do you like Heera Mandi?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
11.11%
No (8)
88.89%

Watched Threads